American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:10 pm 

Claude - I think (HIC) it would be nice if you would (HIC) - whew too much celebrating tonight - set up a place here for MGen. Hovey. Like Gen. Jackson he is my right arm. So far he has kept me out of trouble with the BRASS.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:39 pm 

Vern Pinkham wrote:
Claude - I think (HIC) it would be nice if you would (HIC) - whew too much celebrating tonight - set up a place here for MGen. Hovey. Like Gen. Jackson he is my right arm. So far he has kept me out of trouble with the BRASS.

I have never had a problem drinking alone or for that matter with others present. But it certainly would be more pleasurable to have a few of my comrades available for company.

Claude, should I slumber this evening, please call General Pinkham with my thanks. And, Claude, next time less foam.

Commanding

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 pm 

Claude - What is this complaint I am hearing. Are you putting too much foam in the beer. When my lads step up to the tankard and throw one down - I want them to come away like a stuffed with not an inch of space left in their gullet. Now come on Claude - let's get with the program.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:11 pm 

Vern Pinkham wrote:
Claude - What is this complaint I am hearing. Are you putting too much foam in the beer. When my lads step up to the tankard and throw one down - I want them to come away like a stuffed with not an inch of space left in their gullet. Now come on Claude - let's get with the program.

One more, please! As the General said, this time put some teeth in it!!! No, Claude, not your own!!!!

Commanding

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:24 pm 

Gen. Hovey, you know Claude has been around almost as long as I haver. He and I have sat through many a long night PONDERING the wins and the LOSSES. But you know he just might be getting a little long in the tooth. Do you think we should recommend his retirement?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:26 pm 

Vern Pinkham wrote:
Gen. Hovey, you know Claude has been around almost as long as I haver. He and I have sat through many a long night PONDERING the wins and the LOSSES. But you know he just might be getting a little long in the tooth. Do you think we should recommend his retirement?

Sir, I am told old war horses look forward to being retired. They see a life running with mares on the stud farm. If this is how their retirement is spent, then Claude just may enjoy the adventure. But on the other hand, Claude may want to stay behind the bar if retirement is just a short trip to the glue factory.

Commanding

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:56 pm 
Look out Claude... General Hovey just used the "G" word! :shock:

I always thought a rocking chair at the Old Soldiers Home was in my future... but now I am all worried about the glue factory! I may never sleep peacefully again!

Happy New Years, gentlemen!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]