American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gator Alley
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 pm 

Officers of the Division <salute>

Gentlemen,

Please join me in congratulating our very own General Tom Moore in his promotion to command of the 6th Division General Hebert's II Corps, AotM!

I was thrilled and excited to hear of Tom's willingness to step up to higher command, a well-deserved promotion! I know that a more able man for the position could not have been selected. Tom, although you have a new trail to blaze, your contributions and friendship to all who have served in Gator Alley will never be forgotten. We thank you for your years of dutiful service and wish the very best for your continued and increasing success.

We Salute You Sir! <salute>

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm 

General Tom Moore,

congratulations to your promotion.

All the best,

1st Division"Blut und Boden", Commanding
I.Corps "Cold Steel"
Army of the Mississippi

"Serving god and country proudly"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 am 

Tony and I are about one third through on a 212 move getty battle. So far I have a big lead but tony could take it. Right now it is one of the most fun battles I have ever had. With any training, Tony could be a yank terror on the order of Neal and Tim. I'm glad the Yank system has not spent more time with him. If he trained with Neal, he would make a hell of a reb.

"Well, Govan, if we are to die, let us die like men."

MGen.Patrick R. Cleburne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:16 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

It is with great satisfaction that I announce the conclusion of the "Gator Challenge" against the Army of the Shenandoah after about two years of MP play. The last of the battles ended with the surrender of the Yank forces under the command of General David Klebbe, whose command fought a gallant although futile battle against our attack against the Yankee right and rear beginning at dawn on day two of the "Struggle for Control" scenario from HPS Gettysburg.

Gator Alley ends the 4-battle contest with 2 major victories (Gator Scrap, Gator Klebbe), 1 major defeat (Gator Oats), and 1 no-decision (Gator Bloom). Not too bad for 4 teams formed from a total of 6 officers at the time.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 pm 

Hello Officers of Gator Alley <salute>

Gator Alley Officer News!

* Major General David Peek (3rd Brigade Commander) - has recently shown himself to be a real thorn in the Union AotT tail! Having thoroughly demolished two opponents in an MP Match vs two Union officers, MG Dave Elkin's and Colonel Steve Trauth. His attack through the woods with Walker's Reserve Corps supported by General Forrest's Cavalry (commanded by me) surrounded and cut to pieces some of the finest regiments in the Union XIVth Corps on the field of Chickamauga. Within 15 turns a Major Victory had been reached. It's always a pleasure to be in your company Dave.

* Brigadier General Chris Newcomb (2nd Brigade Commander) - our very own Lt Chris Newcomb in real life has just recently returned from a training stint and now has time for a little relaxation and gaming. Good to have you back in the command tent safe and sound. Chris just took a share of a MP Major Victory in Gator Elite which just concluded, more about that a little later. Congrats Chris! He tells me he's got time on his hands and would be interested in a friendly maneuver game, perhaps our newest officer would care to take him on?

* Colonel Robert Webb (8th Brigade Commander) - Robert fresh from recent victories currently is involved in a maneuver match with MG Peek, and MP battle with some new found friends that is giving him a real work out. Finally, Colonel Webb will be on the Gator Alley MP Team taking part of the Western Fireworks Tournament set to kick off later this month vs. members of the AotT. Stones River will be the scene for this challenge with other members of the team being myself and MG David Peek.

* WELCOME Fld Lt. Russell Longmire (1st Brigade Commander) - we are excited to have Russell join our ranks. Self-described as a long time gamer, this native Texan now has the opportunity to add to Gator Alley's long list of accomplishments. Sir, we wish you every success and look forward to getting to know you. Please join in and participate when you can. I believe General Newcomb is looking for a fight, also General Garner as well....please let us know how things go and don't hesitate to ask any Gator Alley officer for help or just to talk Civil War.

* Honorary Member General Jim Garner ( AotM - Commander) - Jim continues to support the division and is active in several matches. Rumor has it that your looking to hang up your command hat as commander of the AotM. You have a home with us and we would be proud have you in the ranks. We salute you sir! <salute>

* Lt. General Neal Hebert - (II Corps AotM - Commander) - Neal continues to be active in many aspects of Gator Alley Division gaming. His leadership and friendship is appreciated by all. His friends wish him well and our admiration. Neal - thank you for what you do! <salute>

* MG Tim Reneau - (Gator Alley Div - Commander) - I am pleased to say that I now a little more free time as Spring rolls around and I can't wait to get out there and kick some Yankee butt! I encourage each Gator Alley officer to seek out and try the MP experience, it's a load of fun.

Multi-Player Battle News

* Gator Klebbe - officers made up of Chris Newcomb, myself, and led by Neal had a rousing time whipping up on the poor yanks that got caught napping and had their flank cave in and whole divisions cut to pieces. A Major Victory! Great fun this one!

* Gator Equal - this one also led by Neal, includes Jim Garner, David Peek, and myself vs. Confederate Joe Medeiros and some other Union gentlemen. This was a constructed meeting engagement scenario that doesn't favor the Rebs in the least, and after initial setbacks, we have fought our way back to a draw and now work towards achieving a victory of some sort. Will be hard but we like challenges. Still a long way to go in this one.

* Gator Elite - General Gregor Olinsky and his handpicked team of "Elites" from Hancock's Division, Union AotS, challenged a Gator Alley team made up of Chris Newcomb, myself, David Peek, and led by Neal Hebert. This match has been painted as the mother of all challenges vs the Gator Alley boys.....a lot of verbal capital on the line here.....half way through the match the yanks seemed to have stumbled, not once but twice. The Yanks paid for their mistakes and have waved the white flag! Major Victory for Gator Alley! In additon to that and with great pride we take possession of Hancock's Division Flag! A trophy to keep for all time gentlemen!

* Gator Vortex - this one just started when the last edition of Gator Alley news came out. Gator Alley received a challenge from MG David Elkins and Colonel Steve Trauth, both of the XVIth Corp, Union AotT. MG Peek and myself responded and whipped them to a pulp inside of 15 turns. A Major Victory!

Tournament News

* Great news for the AotM and our very own division - the Army of the Shenandoah has been absolutely crushed by our glorious army in their "Fall Offensive". 13 of 16 battles have been completed, with the Army of the Mississippi achieving 8 victories, 1 defeat, and 4 draws. Of the 3 remaining battles, our Army is enjoying 2 more victories and 1 draw as of the latest results. My match has concluded and I am happy to report a solid Major Victory.

* Western Fireworks Tournament - About to start! Please check out the details in the AotM Forum. Plenty of room for contestants in one-on-one matches and room for more MP challenges as well. Step up Gators!

March Muster

* Please, if you haven't done so already, visit the AotM site report in. Mustering lets the club know you are participating and an active member. Gator Alley and the new 2nd Corps have a wonderful tradition of showing up and making their mark. Let's keep this tradition alive gentlemen. Please muster before the end of the month.

Individual Play

* I encourage each of you to actively seek out opponents and let us know how it's going - something we can share with the group. Also, as in the case of new products, we would love to have a review of new scenario's, games, etc...

2nd Corps News

* Corps Commander General Hebert has organized his Corps into three divisions, ours the 2nd Div and the 4th Div being the two principle active elements while the other being made up of non-active members for the moment. Work on updating the 2nd Corps has progressed well and I ask that all of you visit and participate in the 2nd Corps discussions and news thread in the AotM forum: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17871 There will be times when we will be called upon to help support Corps functions and initiatives, and I'm sure we will step up to the task(s) whatever they may be. For now, we need to keep on performing as we normally do. Stay active, voice your opinions, support others, and battle those infernal Yanks who think they can command a regiment better than we can.......we know better.

Quote of the Month

“Our regiment captured General Adams, yet there are no less than six regiments who claim the honor of having captured him."

....Captain Borden M. Hicks - 11th Michigan Infantry, Stanley's Brigade - Chickamauga, September 20th, 1863

Disinformation was just as much a problem 150 years ago as it is now, except now it's flashed around the world in seconds and endlessly talked over in the 24 hour news cycle. Seems everyone today has an opinion and is certain to make it known and has easy ways of getting it out (I have an iPhone, lol), sometimes it all just muddies up the water......what I do know is that during the Civil War the soldiers of each regiment and battalion formed a bond, could depend on each other, and looked after one another. The loss of a fellow mate was felt and had an impact. I believe we all care about each other and in the long run, don't give a damn about who captured what General or any other meaningless arguement that comes along. We stick together, enjoy each other's company, share in the triumphs and find solace in the defeats. I am proud to know you guys, and want this division and Corps to keep rolling along, no matter what...I hope you do too!

Well that's it for this edition of the Gator Alley News. I appreciate the efforts of all, keep the flag flying, have fun, and good luck in all your challenges this new year. Please don't forget to check in with me every once and a while - thanks to all of you and happy gaming!

Regards,

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm 

General Reneau <salute>

Suh, my compliments!

An excellent report with battle results showing why you command among the finest divisions in the ACWGC. Gator Alley was not "recruited" to be an elite division, it has happened due to the efforts of an exceptional group of officers.

Your crushing defeat of the AotT officers at Chickamauga is proof that Gator Alley is a force to be reckoned with, even without the handicap of having myself present for battle :wink:

As for the major victory over "Hancocks Division", treat their colors with the deserved respect. The commander of VIII Corps, AotS, mentioned something about the desicration of the (retired) IV Corps, AotM, colors, displaying what the Yanks are made of. They backed out of an agreed scenario to regain those colors against Gator Alley after realizing they would probably lose.

Gators forward!

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

We are assembled today to warmly welcome the return of Brigadier General Robert Hardee, having returned from a long period of leave, to active command in our very own division, Gator Alley! We are very pleased to have Robert return to the ranks.

Attention to Orders:

General Hardee, you are hereby posted commander of the 5th brigade "Hardee's Tarheels", 2nd Division, 2nd Corps, AotM! You are authorized to immediately commence effective operations against the enemy. It is expected that you will act in keeping with the long and proud traditions of this division, Gator Alley. Sir, we salute your return to command! <salute>

I ask that all officers please contact General Hardee and re-introduce yourselves and make him feel warmly received once again. The opening round of drinks are on me so as to be ahead of General Hebert who has been known to hog the bar!

Robert, welcome home again!

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:16 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Gator Alley is assembled today to honor General Jim Garner for his excellent service in leading the Army of the Mississippi and to warmly welcome his return to brigade level command in our very own division. Under General Garner's command the AotM has seen a vibrant and impactful revival in it's efforts against the northern aggressors. General Garner sir, you are recognized by this division along with your many friends, for your long list of contributions and service to the Confederacy! We thank you and wish for your continued success!

Attention to orders:

You are hereby posted commander, 4th brigade "Sons of Cleburne", 2nd Division, 2nd Corps, AotM! Further, you are hereby ordered to immediately commence effective operations against the enemy. It is understood that you will act in such a way in keeping with the long and successful traditions of this very active and proud division. The officers of Gator Alley salute you sir! <Salute>

Gentlemen, the bar is now open. The first round is on General Hebert, lifetime honorary member of Gator Alley and commander of the 2nd Corps, AotM.

Jim, welcome home sir!

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:20 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Lot's going on and I thought I would take the time to update everyone on the latest happenings. I hope this edition of Gator Alley News finds you all well as can be expected!

New/Old Members

We are very happy over recent events. First as mentioned previously, Lt. Russell Longmire has been assigned to our division. It is my wish that Russell feels welcomed here in Gator Alley and that he gets all the opportunities for gaming he desires. I do know that Generals Jim Garner and others have offered to challenge him in a friendly maneuver match. I have not heard back about any such activities and would appreciate an update.

This month sees General Jim Garner stepping down from command of the entire AotM, and being posted to brigade command here in Gator Alley. I'm am delighted to serve with Jim and appreciate his wanting to find a home here in our division. Jim, you are so welcome! Looking to good times ahead sir!

Wow, happy to have BG Robert Hardee return to active command after a long hiatus away action. Some of you might recall that a couple of years back Robert was very active in the club and in the division. Please join me in welcoming his return and I look forward his active participation in divisional activities.

Order of Battle

Commanding - LTG Hebert, Neal nealjhebert@yahoo.com
2nd Division - MG Reneau, Tim treneau@comcast.net Tennessee "Gator Alley"
1st - FLT Longmire, Russell avgard@msn.com
2nd - BG Newcomb, Chris newc4@hotmail.com Virginia "Newcomb's Own"
3rd - MG Peek, David DWPDixie@aol.com Tennessee "Baloo's Volunteers"
4th - Gen Garner, Jim jigarner@knology.net "Sons of Cleburne"
5th - BG Hardee, Robert E. rhardee8@gmail.com North Carolina "Hardee's Tarheels"
6th - VACANT
7th - VACANT
8th - COL Webb, Robert docwebb@suddenlink.net Louisiana "Washington Artillery"

Guys, please let me know if you wish to have a brigade name/designation, just send me a note if you will. This is our current command structure and am very happy that our ranks have now recently grown.

March Muster

Need help here gentlemen. I expect each officer to muster monthly, it is an administrative duty and is one of the few things tracked to show your active participation in the club. Please respond if you haven't very quickly if you haven't all ready. Here is the link taking you to the AotM forum for posting your muster: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18679 Once again, please muster asap! Anyone having trouble accessing the forums or the site please contact me. General Hardee, I have your request and am working on that. All others, participation in the forums is encouraged. Not only can you find opponents and challenges, you will find friends, can contribute to the club, and read interesting news.

Other Things

* As posted by our new AotM Commander, General Timothy Miller: "President of our club...Pierre has stepped down and as of now..we have Gen Strickler from the South and Gen Nelms from the North running for President....I am not going to tell you who to vote for ,,,,its your choice...all I really encourage you to do is TO VOTE.....thanks..voting will be starting soon...visit the M/D and hear their "platforms" :)

* From General Miller: "Dont forget we have the Western Fireworks Tourny coming up @ 1 May..if you can please participate....also AotM will be raiding the AoT forum this weekend....lets have a great turn out and out do those yanks in posts.....good natured bantering....see if we can stir them up for our tournament....."

To Recap

* I need the following from each officer please as soon as is possible:

1. I need to submit a report to Gen. Hebert on all your gaming activities/matches where you are currently involved. Nothing elaborate unless you feel so inclined, what kind of match, with who, and how is it going?
2. Muster if you haven't already done so. Please......
3. Contact me or any other officer about any thing of concern or question(s) you may have. Please consider getting active in the forums, don't have to do much, but it is entertaining and interesting. If you wish to make the ACWGC a fun part of your gaming experience, here is one way to add to that experience.
4. Welcome officers Hardee and Garner to Gator Alley and reach out to Lt. Longmire. Of these officers mentioned, I would expect some active signs of participation, emails, posts, notices of matches/contests.....any issues or concerns please contact me. I'm here to serve you in any capacity that I can, my tent is always open.

Thank you guys, I'm very excited about Gator Alley and it's a pleasure to serve with you all. Let's support each other, our corps, the AotM, and the ACWGC!

Happy Gaming!

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:53 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Can I get a "Gator Yell"?

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:59 am 

Hello Officers of Gator Alley <salute>

It's been some time since I have been able to send out a new edition of the Gator Alley News, I hope this finds you well and that you are enjoying your gaming!

Latest Gator Alley News!

* Tournaments - Attempts to get the Western Thunder Tournament are under way, for details please contact our very own army commander General Tim Miller who would be happy I'm sure to feel you in on the details. Currently the Red Badge of Courage Tournament is underway. Details can be found at the following link: http://members.iinet.net.au/~cameron.mc ... 20Website/

* June Muster - Gentlemen, thank you for your continued show of activity and maintaining Gator Alley's fine record of service to the club. General Hebert continually extends his appreciation.

* July Muster - is now posted in the Army of the Mississippi Natchez Trace Tavern - please muster today or as soon as is possible. I extend to you my thanks for your cooperation!

* Gator Alley officer receives awards - Please join me in offering congratulations to General Jim Garner for being awarded twice this past month for his fine service to the cause. We are blessed to have him make his home here in the division. The awards: for his "Meritorious and Conspicuous duty in service to the CSA" Jim has been awarded his 2nd James Longstreet Medal of Recognition AND for his "outstanding services to the Army of the Mississippi and the Western Command"the Jefferson Davis Medal of Recognition viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18933&p=100012#p100012

Gator Alley News!

* Major General David Peek (3rd Brigade Commander) - Dave is currently involved in a hot maneuver game at Chickamauga with Gator Alley's own Colonel Robert Webb. Thanks guys for the action and training maneuver! I do know that Dave is involved in several ongoing Multi-Player matches and is doing well in all those efforts! Carry on! <Salute>

* Brigadier General Chris Newcomb (2nd Brigade Commander) - I believe Chris is involved in one of the new scenario's using the recently released Overland Campaign game vs 1st Lt. Phillip Messiar of the Army of the Potomac - we wish you every success in that engagement! Chris continues to serve our nation as an officer in the United States army and I am informed he may see deployment to Africa very soon if not already - Be Safe! On this 4th of July, we salute and thank you for your continued service!

* Colonel Robert Webb (6th Brigade Commander) - Recent battle activity for our very own Colonel Webb shows a lot of action going on. Although he suffered a defeat at the hands of General Riggs in HPS Atlanta at the battle of Kennesaw, he did report a Minor Victory at Cheatham's Hill, and a Major Victory against the same officer at Smyrna! Good going sir. Robert is involved with David Peek at Chickamauga and hopes to team with him and myself in a MP challenge in the Western Thunder Tournament if that ever kicks off....Carry On Sir! <salute>

* Fld Lt. Russell Longmire (1st Brigade Commander) - currently Russell is heavily engaged with an Union AotT officer at Shiloh in the 90 turn scenario. Russell - send us a report on how it goes sir! We wish you the very best, also several Gators have expressed a willingness to engage you in a friendly maneuver match whenever you feel up to it! Carry on! <salute>

* General Jim Garner (4th Brigade Commander) - Jim is active in several Multi-Player matches I believe. Recently he posted a Major Victory over General Drexel Ringbloom of the Union Army of the Shenandoah at the battle of Gettysburg! Superb sir! We thank you for all your contributions! Carry On! <salute>

* Brigadier General Robert "Robbie" Hardee (5th Brigade Commander) - Wow! Talk about getting back into the thick of things, Robbie has been fighting yanks from Antietam, the Peninsula, Gettysburg, to Chickamauga, posting results for seven or eight games in the past month or so. Although not always with the greatest success he has managed to achieve a Major Victory over MG Alan Benjamin and scared yanks all over the club with his continued action...Outstanding! Keep up the scare! <salute>

* Major General Tim Reneau - (Gator Alley Div - Commanding) - At the end of May I posted a Major Victory over MG David Elkins just in time for the 150th Anniversary at Gettysburg! I continue to be active in several MP challenges and just this week am leading a Gator Alley challenge vs. some former CSA officers of the DixieLand Blues division of the Army of the Potomac. Since we are playing at Chickamauga, in my neck of the woods, myself and the team made up of Generals Neal Hebert, David Peek, and Phantom Cavalry Commander Roger Hulinsky, will give the yanks a hard time it is hoped!

* Lt. General Neal Hebert - (II Corps AotM - Commander) - Neal continues to be active in many aspects of Gator Alley Division gaming. His leadership and friendship is appreciated by all. His friends wish him well and our admiration. Neal - thank you for what you do! <salute>

Gentlemen, much of the info above was collected from the ACWGC Dept of Records, but it sure would be nice to hear personally from each of you from time to time a little more often. Please know that I enjoy hearing from each of you, not only about your gaming endeavors, but how life is treating you as well....

Quote of the Month

It's Gettysburg week, the 150th Anniversary. If your like me, your continually in awe of what has transpired in our American history....the deeds, events, challenges, the freedom paid in great sacrifice and blood. When visiting the places where things of great importance have taken place it causes me to reflect, and yes, be thankful......None of us can sum it all up better than those that have witnessed first hand the horrors and yes, the glory of what has gone before. I leave you with the following comments given at a commemorative speech for a monument dedication in 1888 by an individual that saw his share of great moments.....

"In great deeds, something abides. On great fields, something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision-place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to see where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! the shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into their souls"

Joshua L. Chamberlain

Commander of the 20th Maine at Gettysburg July 1863

Well that's it for this edition of the Gator Alley News. I appreciate the efforts of all, keep the flag flying, have fun, and good luck in all your challenges this new year. Please don't forget to check in with me every once and a while - thanks to all of you and happy gaming!

Happy Birthday America! Everyone have a happy and safe Fourth of July! Don't forget to muster for July!

Regards,

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 am 

Attention Officers of Gator Alley <salute>

Please join me in celebrating the recent presentation to our very own Major General David Peek, recognized for his recent accomplishments. We thank the General Peek for his many years of service and dedication to duty! I am truly proud to serve alongside David and wish him many years of continued success!

Confederate States of America

Office of the Chief of the Armies

Attention to orders: Effective 24 September 1864

Award of Honors to Major General David Peek

Major General David Peek, serial # CSADP462 is hereby awarded his first Joseph E. Johnston Medal of Recognition for his outstanding service to cause and country. He has achieved over 1000 OBD points both on the battlefield and in command positions. He is a credit to the ACWGC, this Army and the Confederate States of America.

I take great pride in presenting him this award, given on this 24th Day of September 1864 (2013).
Signed,
Cameron McOmish
General
Chief of Armies
Confederate States of America

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:41 pm 

Gongratulations General Peek!

> "Gator Alley"

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler !!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:20 pm 

Happy New Years to all Gators!

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 am 
How can it be anything other than a Happy New Year now that the SEC has fallen from it's lofty throne? :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next