American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:49 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

The Army of the Mississippi, as ordered by General Garner, has reactivated the corps commands. I am honored to have been named the Commander, II Corps, Army of the Mississippi, and will perform my duties to the best of my abilities.

It is unfortunate that one of my first actions as commander is to report a traitor in our ranks, that being Lieutenant Colonel James Foster of the 4th Division. While it is unknown when the initial communications began, Lieutenant Colonel Foster was active in communications with Colonel Gregor Olinsky of the Yankee army. Over the course of the communications it appears Lieutenant Colonel Foster was convinced to betray his countrymen and join the Yankee army. He is even now engaged against former comrades of the Army of the Mississippi, facing "Gator Alley" in battle as part of "Hancocks Division".

Acting brevet Command Sergeant Major Nicodemus led a detail to arrest Lieutenant Colonel Foster, yet he had already fled to the Yankee lines. His footlocker was inventoried prior to being banded and sealed, with the following item noted: A drawing of a hospital flag, now known to be the colors of "Hancocks Division"

We are awaiting approval from the Chief of the Armies, however intend to courts-martial Lieutenant Colonel Foster in abstentia at the earliest opportunity unless we are fortunate enough to capture him in battle.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:35 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

A mid-August report on the corps activities thus far.

II Corps has completed 11 battles as of 11 August, with 5 major victories, 2 draws, and 4 major defeats. Notables include General Kennon Whitehead with 3 major victories totalling 136 turns, and Brigadier General Tim Reneau with 2 major victories totalling 180 turns. Also completing battles were Lieutenant General Tim Miller with 5 battles completed totalling 95 turns, and Brigadier General Bill Keys with 1 battle completed after 21 turns. Well done, gentlemen!

The August muster is ongoing, and as of this dispatch we have 12 of 17 officers mustered so far. Kudos to 4th Division, which has had 100% of the division muster.

Administratively, 5 officers have been placed in the hospital and 2 officers are on leaves of absence, leaving us with a total complement of 17 officers:

Corps Command: 1 officer
2nd Division: 5 officers
4th Division: 5 officers
6th Division: 6 officers

I've taken to referring to II Corps as the "Wild Kingdom" since we have an alligator and an elephant on our colors.

Gentlemen, this concludes the dispatch. I thank everyone for their participation in the ACWGC and their dedication to the CSA, the Army of the Mississippi, and II Corps. Feel free to drop by my HQ at anytime if there are administrative matters which need my attention or simply to have a cup of coffee and discuss upcoming operations against the invaders.

Your humble servant,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:27 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

As always, it is an honor to serve as the commander of II Corps, Army of the Mississippi! Your efforts on the field of battle are appreciated, and your commitment to our cause worthy of recognition. I thank you all.

It has come across my desk that one of our former comrades-in-arms, Lieutenant Colonel James Foster, has been granted an honorable discharge from the Confederate States Army. I see nothing honorable about being discharged after taking up arms against your own, however wish him well in his new command within "Hancocks Division" of the Yankee Army of the Shenandoah. I'd say that our paths may cross someday, however he was actively involved in a multiplayer battle against our 2nd "Gator Alley" Division long before his resignation was submitted and discharge granted.

"Corps, attention!"

"Acting Brevet Command Sergeant Major Nicodemus, have the confiscated footlocker brought forth and prepared for branding".

Gentlemen, it was not unheard of for deserters to be branded with the letter "D" so that they might carry their shame for the rest of their days. As Lieutenant Colonel Foster escaped to the Yankee camp before being apprehended, his former footlocker will be branded with the letter "T" to signify his status as a traitor to our cause. It will then be burned, extinguishing his existence within our ranks.

"Acting Brevet Command Sergeant Major Nicodemus, have the footlocker branded with a letter "T" and then set ablaze".

Lieutant Colonel James Foster, you are officially "drummed out" of the ranks of II Corps, Army of the Mississippi. You have accepted Yankee gold, abandoned the commission granted when you graduated from the Vicksburg Military Institute, and engaged in battle against the army in which you held a command. By the rules of the ACWGC you should now begin again as a 2nd Lieutenant, and I pray forfeit any prior awards or recognitions awarded.

Gentlemen, this concludes the "drumming out" of a traitor from within our ranks. Each of us joined the CSA for a reason, be it that our ancestors served in the ranks or otherwise. We suffer for inferior artillery, lack of ammunition, or inferior numbers at times, yet we fight on to demonstrate our commitment and do a hell of a job of it. Keep up the fire!

"Corps, dismissed!"

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:31 pm 
I brought my bat in anticipation of him having to run the gauntlet as well. And can't we at least Tar and Feather him or run him out on a rail?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:48 pm 

General Blake <salute>

Suh, if he were to run the gauntlet he'd only make it as far as Nicodemus. Gators are good at that sort of thing :mrgreen:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 am 

Sir

I fear also as Ole Blue Eyes might confess
if we were to lay eyes on this habitant from Sodom & Gomorrah
we may turn to salt.......

might be best to let him lay with his kind......

LTG Tim Miller
CoS
AotM

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

A report on the status of II Corps with about a week left in the month of August.

August muster has gone very well for II Corps so far, with 15 of 17 officers (88%) mustering; 14 at the Army muster thread and another officer reporting by email. Both 2nd "Gator Alley" Division and 4th "Crimson Tide" Division have achieved 100%. Excellent job, gentlemen!

II Corps officers have completed 13 battles in August, including 7 major victories and 2 draws. Based on comments added in the Department of Records these battles included two as part of the "Red Badge of Courage" tournament, and one each from the "Western Fireworks III" and "20,000 Man Challenge".

Lieutenant General Tim Miller has completed 6 battes, with General Kennon Whitehead and Brigadier General Tim Reneau completing 3 battles each. Brigadier General Bill Keys has completed 1 battle. Well done, gentlemen! Thank you for your actions and for representing the Confederate States Army in the most honorable fashion.

As always, it is an honor to serve as the Commander, II Corps, Army of the Mississippi. My tent is always open and anyone should feel free to contact me at anytime should there be any administrative actions which require my attention, comments or suggestions to make, or simply to drop by for a visit.

Your humble servant,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:23 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

An addition to my latest report. It has come to my attention that Brigadier General Tim Reneau, Commander of 2nd "Gator Alley" Division, has been promoted to Major General!

General Reneau is an excellent officer deserving of this honor, and I offer my congratulations and appreciation for his support during my tenure as commander of Gator Alley.

Tim, congratulations and continued success for the Gators!

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:30 pm 
So... once again... no free drinks. The economy is really bad these days, huh.

Congrats, Tim!

We all chipped in and got you a used sword. It's only plastic but, you know, times are rough. :mrgreen:

(this is tax deductible right?)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:06 pm 

Gen Blake <salute>

Sir, the plastic sword will work just fine when wacking Col Olinsky over the head, as the case need be......thank you and to General Hebert for the fine words upon my recent promotion.

Your Obedient Servant,

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:13 pm 

Fine showing boys! You do the Western Theater proud, show those Eastern dandies what for! :mrgreen:

Congarts to Tim Reneau as well.

Being a well paid man of the CSA, I will gladly take the Yankee money I found in Olinsky's pocket when he was drunk and spend it all on the Army. What on God's Green Earth does he do in Nebraska, must sell life insurance! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 pm 
Scott Ludwig wrote:
What on God's Green Earth does he do in Nebraska, must sell life insurance! :mrgreen:

People dont die in Nebraska. They just wither away into dust.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:16 pm 

MG Reneau

congratulations Sir.......
very deserving
after your promotion ceremony.....we shall gather at the pecan orchard......and sip on some fine southern brew.....and speak of happy times prior to the invasion of the barbaric yankee horde

**I tell you Sir.....those Tim's are hard to beat 8)

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:22 pm 

People dont die in Nebraska. They just wither away into dust.

Or ate by gophers... :P You do know why I chose life insurance right?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next