American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 pm 

Congratulations, Mark! <salute>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:10 pm 

Lieutenant Rogers <salute>

Suh, you've seen the elephant and now have your hunting license. No bag limit.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:02 am 

Gentlemen <salute>

I get to serve in the glorious Army of the Mississippi with the ability to take pot shots at Yankees AND ya'll give me a medal for doing it? Daaad gum!

Most respectfully,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:03 pm 
Well done!

<salute!>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:25 pm 
Captain Rogers,
Mark,

Wow! Now there's a cool signature block! We may have to put you to work designing some graphics for us!

Let me know if you're interested...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:17 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Did you notice those black and gold colors along with a tiger in the signature?

I'll make no promise of artistic ability but I'll be glad to help out with graphics.

Your humble servant,

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:26 am 
Captain Rogers,
Mark,

I know what you mean, Sir! :wink:

I've no artistic ability at all. My mother and my sister and some of my niece's are highly talented... but I couldn't draw a recognizable stick figure! But I do like messing around with graphics and web pages. I can manipulate them into something decent on occasion and I rather enjoy it. But I am slow... slow... slow.

Thanks for volunteering to help! I'm sure we can find something to utilize your talent! <salute>

PS... Did you get yourself a deer this year? I saw the boys driving around with them in their pickups last weekend. Ah man... I feel like I missed out big time this year! :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:37 pm 

No I still haven't taken my deer this season! I've been taking my nephews and my neighbor's boy out and they've done well. Each of them were able to take a nice doe so it's been successful for them. It was my neighbor's boy first time hunting so it was a pretty big kick for us all. We saw a lot of doe moving around here but not a single buck to be seen. I want a nice fat doe so I'll be going out all the way through black powder season if I need to. I can't let the boys show me up this year!

Most respectfully,

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:57 pm 
Captain Rogers,
Mark,

That's so cool that you are taking your nephews and the neighborhood boys out hunting! <salute>

It's a great experience for them! I've never hunted with black powder but I think that would be great. I had a friend that was into black powder many years ago but somehow we never hooked up and did any hunting. Do you own some land that you hunt on? Or do you just have some good connections with folks who do?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:59 pm 

It's always fun taking the boys out. Plus, we need to get lots of kids involved so we always have lots of up and coming hunters to carry it on.

Black powder is lots of fun. You should definitely give it a try. Nothing like a big buck in your sights on a cool damp morning and seeing him hightail it after you pull the trigger and have a hang fire!

I wish I owned a nice tract of land for hunting. I know folks or neighbors and they are good enough to let me hunt there. There is always state land to hunt on as well but then you've got lots of other hunters to watch and worry about so I don't do that as much as I used to.

Most respectfully,

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:00 am 
Captain Rogers,
Mark,

Yes, it's always best to know someone who will let you hunt their land. I've got relatives out in central Nebraska that would let me hunt there but it's 3 hours away. It would be nice to have something an hour or less away so I could hop into the truck and go. My grandfather used to have an old house out on the farm before he moved into town. It got hammered by a bad hail storm a few years ago and I think they might have torn it down. But I've been thinking about it a lot lately... if it was still there... it might possibly be rehabilitated into a hunting cabin. I need to find out.

We do have some State land around here that is also available to hunting... but like you say... the worry is always that it might be pretty crowded and someone might take a shot at you accidentally. I get shot at enough in the Club... I don't need to be encouraging any additional gun play in real life! :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]