American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:49 am 
Gentlemen,

I was conducting my morning inspection of the various Army Taverns when I came across these three Flags hanging from the rafters here...

I don't know if you boys had a party here last night or what... and Lt General Hovey is nowhere to be found to explain what the significance of them is... but I'm guessing y'all were discussing the adoption of a new Army of Alabama Battle Flag perhaps?

I know General Cam McOmish was opposed to having "CRITTERS" on Battle Flags... at least I recall his giving General Hebert over in the Army of the Mississippi some hell about it. But if that's what you boys want... who am I to interfere with such things!

Version One

Version Two

Version Three

I guess I'll have to wait to find out the details from Lt General Hovey... but if I had to vote... I think I'm partial to version three myself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:47 pm 

REPORT OF FLAG INTEREST

To date one vote has been cast in favor of flag number three. This shows a very lax electorate.
The flag/s purport to show the Alabamians, as depicted by the large gray mass moving through
the blood of vanquished Yanks, reaching for their favorite beverage at the "Watering Hole".
How could anyone not support such a fine flag?

The election will close soon and a winner will be selected unless the lack of interest continues.
Such that happen, the election will be ruled invalid and the old flag restored to its rightful place.

Commanding

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:57 pm 
Lt General Hovey,
Al,

Could be the boys don't want to have anything to do with Alabama Football! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:53 pm 

"Football"? Suh, I know we southern boys are sometimes thought to be a bit slow and if we are forgive me but "Football"? The term is unfamiliar. I have heard tell of a new game called baseball and even something called soccer that is played on the other sider of the Atlantic, but of "Football" I know nothing.

Commanding

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:58 pm 
Lt General Hovey,
Al,

At least we don't have General McOmish in here talking about something called RUGBY? Now that is truly a mystery! :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]