American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:29 pm 
General Hebert,
Neal,

I have a confession to make. I ALMOST went Christmas shopping yesterday! Major General Reneau would have been so proud of me!

My wife left me home alone yesterday and it was a Saturday I didn't have to work... so I spent most of the day piddling around on the computer... played a handful of games and did some Confederate paperwork. But after sitting there for most of the morning... I thought I ought to take a stretch and decided to go to an estate sale I knew was going on. I'm always a sucker for buying something cheap and every once in awhile I'll find something I've just got to have. I drove halfway across town to the estate sale and found an old Universal #1 Squirrel grinder... uhhmm... I mean an old Universal #1 Meat grinder. It's one of those old manual meat grinders your grandmother used to use... and I've used them for grinding deer meat in the past. It was only 4 bucks... so how could I pass on it? Even if I only use it once... I've gotten my money out of it.

But that wasn't my Christmas shopping. No... you have to do that at the Mall. Since I was already halfway across town... I decided I'd run by the Mall and stop in at the local Scheels Sporting Goods store. My wife had been talking about buying a Dutch Oven... who knows what that is... but she said they'd probably have it there. Well, I drove down to the Mall... into the main entrance... was heading around the north side of the complex and the traffic was thick. I'm like "Wow" look at all these people. Then I get around in front of Scheel's and I pull into the turn lane to park out in front of the store. I must have sat there for 10 minutes and didn't move. I'm looking ahead to see what's going on and people are just sitting there waiting for people to come out of the store so they can take their parking spot. I'm like... "Sheesh, I could be here all day!" I look behind me and I've got 10 cars pressed in behind me and I didn't even have room to get back into the other lane to escape the craziness. I sat there and sat there and realized I would need to make a break for it whenever I could or I'd be stuck there for hours. Finally a gap opened up in the traffic and I jumped into it and drove out the south entrance and made good on my escape.

Whew! It was just that close... I very nearly ended up in the store and spent some money on my wife. She would have certainly been in shock! I wonder how many other poor souls have driven into that parking lot and drove out the other side... after a lengthy delay... like it did? LOL!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]