American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:20 pm 

Quote:
from General Philip A. Roubaud
Army of the Potomac
Commanding General
United States of America

Gentlemen of the Foul Rebel Horde,

It was with great sadness that I discovered the resignation of my old enemy, General Newton. Sad becaues I had planned on whipping him and the rest of you pack of cowardly knaves in the upcoming Flags of Glory II tournament. I understand that the very thought of facing the proud and glorious Army of the Potomac must fill you Rebs with absolute terror but I am afraid that is the price you must pay for raising the ugly flag of Rebellion upon our Nation.

As for your 'clump of trees'-I have them for you-and we've filled them with cannon and General Hancock's boys. Come and take them.

General Roubaud Sir

I have never heard so much codswallop in my life! Who is supposed to be filling us with terror? The Army of the Potomac - ha, ha, ha! Give me a break Sir - your Boys couldn't catch a drunk skunk! We tire of boastful arrogant Yankees around here - it is time to assert our Southern Independence & kick your butts all the way to the North Pole! The Army of Northern Virginia is on the march. Prepare to meet thy doom Sir!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:52 pm 

General Stewart Stiles Sir:

The words of that yankee coward not deserve more response than our cold steel.
The Southern Knights of the 1st corps ANV by our noble and sacred cause, whipping the smelly
buttockss of those ridiculous smurfs.

Regards:
A. de Meré, Lt. General, C. S. Army.
1st Corps A.N.V.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:13 pm 

A de Mere wrote:
General Stewart Stiles Sir:

The words of that yankee coward not deserve more response than our cold steel.
The Southern Knights of the 1st corps ANV by our noble and sacred cause, whipping the smelly
buttockss of those ridiculous smurfs.

Regards:
1st Corps A.N.V.

Blather, blather, blather. Keep talking, you odious rebel scum. It's all your good for...

United States of America

"Forward! For God's sake, forward!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:19 am 

Yankee, you are invited to visit our page. We have some photos of your comrades Smurfs. :mrgreen:

http://www.telecable.es/personales/madm ... aneous.htm

Please, your Smurfs do not run to the first cannon-shot, :roll: the Southern Knights needs not to get bored in the battles.

Regards:
1st Corps A.N.V.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:22 pm 

Excellent pics General de Meré

The photgrapher has caught them in their natural poses!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 am 
I dont know whose side to take. On the one hand I am a Reb. On the other I enjoy seeing Stewart get kicked around.

I recall seeing Stewart walking through his brigade formation one summer day last year outside Vicksburg. One ornary old mule could not get rid of the rats trying to get at its pack of hardtack. Well the old mule began to kick just as poor Stewie walked past. I never laughed so hard in my life as when Stewart went down to the ground clutching his... (cough). My Chief of Staff and I had to quickly dismount or we would surely have fallen from our saddles laughing. We never knew a man's face could turn so red as did Stewart's!

After a few days Stewart was able to stand up again and his voice changed back after 2 weeks. Mrs. Stiles reports there are no long-lasting problems as well.

We took the Mule and placed him where he could be captured by you Yanks. When last heard he was part of General Meyer's personal team of mules. We hope to hear of this animal's further successful endeavors in the near future :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 am 

Thanks for that General Strickler! You Western Rebs have a mighty weird sense of humour!

As Mrs Stiles relates "All is well". I hope that Gen Meyer is looking after his mule.

Gather round Boys as Gen Strickler is telling stories so can I.....did you hear about the General and Mississippi Mosquitoes?

During a visit to my HQ in Mississippi General Strickler decided to take a walk along the river in the cool of the evening. I warned him that the mosquitoes in the area had been acting up lately, tormenting the alligators until they moved down the river. But the general just laughed and told me he wasn't to be put off from his evening constitutional by a few mosquitoes.
As he promenaded beside the flowing Mississippi, he heard the whirling sound of a tornado. Looking up, he saw two mosquitoes descend upon him. They lifted him straight up in the air and carried him out over the river.
"Shall we eat him on the bank or in the swamp?" he heard one ask the other.
"We'd better eat him on the bank," said the other. "Or else the big mosquitoes in the swamp will take him away from us."
Frightened near to death, Gen Strickler lashed out at the mosquitoes until they lost their grip and dropped him into the river. He was carried two miles downstream before he was fished out by a riverboat pilot. The general left Mississippi the next day, and has never gone for another walk from that day to this. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:16 pm 
Mosquitos talking? What was I doing on my constitutional? LSD? :lol:

Speaking of the Mississippi River I recall when Stewart sought a transfer aboard a naval unit. After a 6-week training course and a short voyage with Gen. Whitehead he was denied the transfer. Whitehead's official report read, "The only ship I can recommend for this man is citizenship."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:20 pm 

How quickly they forget General Strickler - sad when former Western officers are so easily seduced by the pampered Richmond social scene.

Although I must say the boys out east certainly did well to get those photos of Yankee generals - they are so ugly that they are not keen to be photographed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America