American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:06 am 

Gentlemen,

Assisting in setting up a multiplayer game between the AoJ and AoG, three players each side. Looking for information on Custom Scenarios for the Corinth version 1.01a? Checked the Chartography office and they all seem to be for BG games, for example: I could not find the HPS version of Winchester II. I thought it use to be listed on the main page (old version), is it on the new Page? Have been directed to Brett's Site. Are there any others? Any suggetions on a good scenario to try? Would like to have one to two Corps per officer so, 3 to 6 Corps per side. How do I get informaiton on the OOB or set up of the engagements? Can you play more than one custom scenario at a time or do you end up over writting information Like OOB as in the BG games? Thank you.

BG Joseph C. Mishurda

Joe Mishurda, The Cast Iron Division
2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:00 pm 

Most of that stuff comes from other sites which can be found here:
<b>ACW Link Express</b>

http://members.tripod.com/garyned/

Cheers,

<font color="gold"><b>Lt. Col. </b></font id="gold">Paul Wakeman, <font color="limegreen">Sharpshooter</font id="limegreen">
<font color="beige">3rd</font id="beige"> '<font color="red">Jayhawk</font id="red">' <font color="beige">Brigade
1st Light Inf. Div.</font id="beige">
<b>XIX Corps, AoS,<font color="gold"> USA</font id="gold"></b>

Cartographer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:44 pm 

Dear Lt. Col. Paul Wakeman,

Thank you, THE MASTER LIST OF GAMES (Off the Link Express page) was just what I was looking for, gave me all the games on each engine, how balanced play was, and the number of turns each had. How Current is that information? Any way to check the OOB short of down loading them? I am interested in Corinth engine 1st Manassas (55 turns), and Sharpsburg (48 turns). Do you know if I down load one will it over write another game I am playing in the Corinth 1.01a folder? I know I have that problem with the King of the HIll Challenge matches; each game over writes the Units, leaders and such. I am currently playing 3rd Winchester. Do I have to wait until that one is finished before starting another? I have only played one MP game on the Corinth 1.0a folder so far. Don't want to find out the hard way. Thanks

BG Joseph C. Mishurda

2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:06 pm 

Joseph,

I am by no means the expert with HPS stuff, TS-BG games take some correct setup to work properly and names are the same. I believe HPS is easier in that all games have their own unique names.

Talk to some of the guys on the HPS download sites and they may answer you better.

Cheers,

<font color="gold"><b>Lt. Col. </b></font id="gold">Paul Wakeman, <font color="limegreen">Sharpshooter</font id="limegreen">
<font color="beige">3rd</font id="beige"> '<font color="red">Jayhawk</font id="red">' <font color="beige">Brigade
1st Light Inf. Div.</font id="beige">
<b>XIX Corps, AoS,<font color="gold"> USA</font id="gold"></b>

Cartographer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:00 am 

Gen Mishurda,

If you download the Tom Hicks Sharpsburg and/or the Chris Hopper Sharpsburg Bn files you'll note they both have different names for the OOB, PDT and SCN files. As long as the designer does not use the same name for these files for different scenarios they won't cause problems. They can use the same pdt and oob for different scenarios as long as they don't modify them. So when you extract the files it's probably a good idea over write the files individually and check and see if the dates match. If you overwrite a pdt or oob with one with a different date you may be causing a problem between two different scenarios unless you're overwriting it with one from my site. Any oob from my site matches the original except for picture ID's and shortening some long names that overran the available space in the unit box.

As to the unit and leaders files I have modified leaders and units files for Corinth 1.01 available on my site http://home.comcast.net/~krmiller_cor/. You'll find modified OOB's for many scenarios at my site that use the same leaders and units files. I used to keep this site pretty up to date but lately I have not been playing much Corinth 1.01 so it is probably considerably behind the times. However if someone let's me know of a scenario that I don't have I will try to get a modified oob out as soon as possible. The oob files are listed at my site by scenario author to give them credit for their work. Some of them have updated their files to match mine and some haven't but if you download their files then download my modified oob the only thing you change is the picture pointed to on the units and leaders so you can have all the scenarios that I have oob's available for in the same folder without having to switch leader and units files.

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller
Veteran's Divsion
VIII / AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:35 pm 

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller,

Thank you Sir!, Will keep an eye on my files as I load them.

BG Joe Mishurda

2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ