American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:15 pm 

You said to me in Rosie's the other day as you stole my drink and had Lt. Quick replace it with turpentine, thanks BTW it helped clear that case of clogged ham and grits...[:D]

That we need to get me into more games here. Yes my passion has went elsewhere, but I do wish to return to it here a bit.

So!! You sir are a mangy coward who stems from a line of bluebellied yellow tailed chicken hawks, who do have an impressive record, but not MY lasting achievements of defiance in the face of constant defeat. [:D][:p] You can bend and beat me any way you want I will always come back and challenge again. You sir dealt me a lesson as a lowly Lieutenant you were at LRT. Now sir I wish to smack you around again!!

What say you?? How does a campaign sound?? Say Penninsula?? If not I have all HPS except for Shiloh. I would prefer a game on this system.

Not too scared of me are you?? [:p][}:)][:D][;)]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:24 am 

The crowd gathers 'round, murmurs of approval wafting into the air. Little boys lean excitedly out of windows overlooking the street, while little girls clutch tightly to their mothers. Men take their cigars out of their mouths and look on, waiting for the response. Expectation hangs in the air like the silence of a fish about to strike the bait...

Maj Gen Sean Turner
3rd Cavalry Division, "The Bishop's Men"
I Corps
Army of Alabama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:01 am 

And people say that Global Warming is due to CO2 emissions, where we truly know that it's the result of the Traveling Blowhard of Virginia [:D]

Brig. General Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:32 am 
*looking down from his steed, relaxed in the saddle, a smile and nod of approval at the Gray clad man with stuffing*

Gen. J. Cuneo, CSA
Army of Alabama, Commanding
Image Image

"I have seen the faces of men, who had dared death so often, it lost its' terror." -J.S. Mosby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:29 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>
<br />And people say that Global Warming is due to CO2 emissions, where we truly know that it's the result of the Traveling Blowhard of Virginia [:D]

AoO,USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

At the very least that clogged ham and grits had to add too it! Didn't know you called possum meat "ham". [8D]

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:09 am 
The Colonel rides up slowly, salutes General Cueno, and turns his mount to Face Gen Ludwig. He slautes then pulls a cigar from his breast pocket. Striking the match on the horn of his saddle he looks up and grins.
"General, SUH, I do believe that is one of the finest jobs of callin out a bluebelly I have ever heard. I see he has sent his lackeys to delay his response."

The Colonel eases his mount over to the moose that stands beside the Yank LT. With his hand on his sword he glares at the moose and says, "Another day Suh, and you shall taste my steel."

With that the Colonel rides back to HQ.

Colonel D.H. Smith
3rd Cavalry Divison,III Corps,AoA
http://sapper99.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:17 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>
<br />And people say that Global Warming is due to CO2 emissions, where we truly know that it's the result of the Traveling Blowhard of Virginia [:D]

AoO,USA

Why thank you Field Master Loser McClellan, you gave my my name here!! You know from experience that I love to toss all the sh** up in the air and see which way it blows!! I wear your name as a badge of pride!! [:p][:D] I have added it to my sig!! [:p][}:)][:D]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:18 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Banshee</i>
<br />*looking down from his steed, relaxed in the saddle, a smile and nod of approval at the Gray clad man with stuffing*

Gen. J. Cuneo, CSA
Army of Alabama, Commanding
Image Image

"I have seen the faces of men, who had dared death so often, it lost its' terror." -J.S. Mosby

Sir I will carry on with honor!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:19 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nelmsm</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>

AoO,USA

At the very least that clogged ham and grits had to add too it! Didn't know you called possum meat "ham". [8D]

General Mark Nelms
6/3/IX/AoO
"Blackhawk Brigade"

Of course, I have a recipie for it!! [:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:22 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D.H.Smith</i>
<br />The Colonel rides up slowly, salutes General Cueno, and turns his mount to Face Gen Ludwig. He slautes then pulls a cigar from his breast pocket. Striking the match on the horn of his saddle he looks up and grins.
"General, SUH, I do believe that is one of the finest jobs of callin out a bluebelly I have ever heard. I see he has sent his lackeys to delay his response."

The Colonel eases his mount over to the moose that stands beside the Yank LT. With his hand on his sword he glares at the moose and says, "Another day Suh, and you shall taste my steel."

With that the Colonel rides back to HQ.

Colonel D.H. Smith
3rd Cavalry Divison,III Corps,AoA
http://sapper99.com

Thanks you Sir!! Being filled with lack of sleep and drinks will do that to any man!! [:p][}:)][:D][;)] It seems I have caused trouble for myself in all my wargaming clubs. Happened to call out one to many important people, so I will be busy for a while, but no matter, it will be done!! [:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:33 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notso</i>
<br />Gen. Laub … Most Gracious Sir,

Subject: Dispatch to Union HQ – Highest Priority

My HQ received the dispatch send by the notorious, yet wanting, Brig. Gen. Ludwig. To be honest sir … I am most aggrieved at the tone and language of his dispatch. I had to cover the ears of my young children as these words are not fitting for the young folk of our most noble cause.

In his dispatch … Gen. Ludwig maligned your reputation … the reputation of the AoP … the reputation of our most precious and dear Rosie. But most of all … he maligned MY reputation. Please attempt to forgive my brashness but I, for one, will not stand for these arrogant, unfound accusations.

If we were not embroiled in the unfortunate time of war between brothers … I would call out that rebel scum for a duel between men. But as the circumstances dictate … I would suggest that we instead meet him on the field of battle.

As both of our honors have been maligned, may I suggest that I act as your second on the rolling hills of Gettysburg … BG Gettysburg that is … in the Out of the Mist rendition.

Let us see how brave that riff-raft is? Let us see if he is just a lone wolf or if he can even convince, beg, plead one of his fellow countryman to be his second? Of this fact I have grave doubts.

As your humble servant … I anxiously await your answer.

2nd Lt Larry (Notso) Quick
"Moycullen's Marauders"
5/1/1 AoP

"Now fill your glasses up, my boys, a toast come drink with me,
May Erin's Harp and the Starry Flag united ever be!"

"Then fill your glasses up, my boys, and drink a hearty cheer,
To the land of our adoption and the Irish volunteer!"

Now sir I will deal wih you!! I had no doubts in my mind that such fool hardy men as yourself would so up to such an event!! [:D]

I see Laub has decided to hide behind his desk up there in Yanky Spanky land, and send down his little umpa lumpa to do his dirty work!! [:D][:p][}:)][;)]

Well there boy 'o I have a few words for you:

You are the most vile scum, I have eva' laid eyes upon, that call himself a man!! You ar' presumptious, cocky, loud mouth, pee witted, half brained, blind eye'd fool, and if you eva' insult me that way again I will smack you upside your mid'section in a manna' you will neva' fo'get!! [:D][:p][}:)][;)] You lack mannas', morals', honoa', and you are of a lower yankee scum breed!! [:D][8][B)][:0] You smelt of 14 day ol' butta' nut squash that just came out my behind!! [:p][}:)]

If Laub wishes to send you to fight me, then so be it!! If I have to take you on I will, if I have to take him on I most certainly will!! If I have to take you both on and die fo' my honoa' I will!! You are both lilly livered bastadas' and if you were a whole of a man I'd whip you god dammit!! [:D][:p][}:)][;)]

Now suh, I await the reply of your chicken commanda, and you will have my answa' and my sword through yo spine!! [:p][;)][:D][8D][:)][:0][8][xx(][B)]

Let me know what Jeff says Larry and if I play you both I will do it either seperately or togethers. This will be cool!! [:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:12 pm 

A tall, lanky General bursts through the door of the seamstress just off Pennsylvania Avenue. His steely gaze carries an angry fire this time as he slaps down his best uniform dress coat.

"Awful strange patch you have on your coat, General Laub" quips the seamstress, as she looks quizzicaly at the bright red target stitched there.

"I want it removed, as quick as you can. I need that coat back within the hour, I'm needed in the field," the General barks. Softening a bit, he winks, lays twice the normal payment on the counter, and says "Thanks."

As he turns to the door, she hears him muttering - "I haven't visited the Western Theater since taking over, I should visit our Garrison down in Corinth."

As his adjutant prepared his things, he turned to the General "Sir, aren't you worried about the reports of General Ludwigs army encamped in that area?"

As the General turned to the Colonel, the twinkle returned to his eye. "Not a bit, Colonel. We pushed him hard before, I'm quite sure we can push him hard again. In fact, Colonel, I'll wager 5 to 3 odds if he comes looking for a fight again."

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:08 am 

Cornith it is!! Your on, and I guarrantee you 1000% I will return for more even if I am defeated!! [:D]

Load the turn and send it my way. Do you need my e-mail??