American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:24 am 

Gentlemen,

The auto promotion link is up and functional. You should check here to see if you qualify for a promotion. Visit the link "Field Promotions" from the reports page. Read the directions. If you qualify for a promotion a messenger will show up on the bottom of your screen. When you choose to "Open Message" the emails will be sent and your records will be updated with your new rank immediately.

For ranks above Colonel, the site only sends a letter to the chain of command that you have reached the level of points required to be promoted to the General ranks. All promotions to Brigadier General and above require CoA recommendation and Cabinet approval before being done.

The promotion system will not work for Cadets, Theater COs, or CoAs at this time.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:59 am 

The system worked just fine for me. [:D] I believe a correction is neeeded, however. You have it listed that 90 points are needed for Lt. Col., but the club rules page has it at 75. I have 77 points and was able to achieve the rank Lt. Col. through your site.

Lt. Col. Brad Slepetz
4th "Hell's Rifles" Brigade
1st Division
III Corps
AoG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:20 am 
In other words, don't do what I did [xx(]

<font color="red">WARNING: </font id="red">Clicking "Open Message" will generate the Field promotion emails - every time!

OK, I was just looking around to have a golly gee look, and of course instructions are something you read <i>after</i> (if ever), not before.

So I have inadvertently spammed the Chain of Command over a database error [B)] but at least only once. As Don's instructions say (when you read them afterwards), the system will generate it's message <u>every time you open the message.</u>

So let my imminent posting to Andersonville (I didn't know they allowed inspections [?]) serve as a dire warning ...

Maj Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:47 am 

Gen. Kaulbars is exactly right. The DB looks at your points and then looks at your rank. If your rank does not match that of what your points are, it will send a notice to the command staff that you have reached that level. If your rank is below Col. it will execute the promotion update in the database. If, however, you have points for, say, Brig. Gen. and your rank is Brig. Gen., (Edit)it will not even give you the choice to "Open Message".(End Edit)

Lt. Col. Slepetz (Congratulations!), thanks for pointing that out. I fixed it.

The link is back up now.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:35 am 
Hey, while you're down in Andersonville anyway, why not see if you can get some of the Union "Fight the War" POW's out of there and back their homes? :)

[quote]<i>Originally posted by greenFyre</i>
<br />In other words, don't do what I did [xx(]

So let my imminent posting to Andersonville (I didn't know they allowed inspections [?]) serve as a dire warning ...

Maj Gen Mike Kaulbars

BGen, 2/XIX/AoS