American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:05 pm 

CS LG Tony Hill is fighting against US Col. Jeffrey McDonald at Antietam.

CS BG Ted Huffman is commanding at Iuka against US LG Bob Breen.

CS Maj. Tim Isgro is defending the gaps at South Mountain against US Gen. Willie Passmore.

CS Lt. Col. Harold Lajoie is raiding the Union lines and is facing US MG Pete Keller at Britton's Lane (Armstrong's Raid #2).

The Battle of Newtonia is now open:
CO 08.Battle of Newtonia / 11 turns / 8 points for the HACW.

The Battle for Corinth is also open:
CC 02. hist_Corinth_full / 98 turns / 72 points for the HACW.

Davis Bridge is open:
CC 03. hist_Davis Bridge / 43 turns / 24 points for the HACW.

Lt. Col. Harold Lajoie 3/2/I/AoM, CSA.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:04 pm 

The Perryville scenario is now open, this is an Acwco custom scenario (BGS mod):

Acwco PV_01.scn / 42 turns / 44 points for the 1stHACW.

http://www.acwgc.org/acwco/perryville.asp

To register, please send a message at the Opponent Finder section in the 1stHACW-Registration topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:06 pm 
Sir a report from the East Woods

the Battle ended in a draw, as the Texans made a valiant last minute rush and recaptured an objective.

Forward Bucktails! ended as a draw - CSA BG Nick Kunz, VMI CO and USA, Col Neil Edwards 2/3/XX/AoC

Colonel N.Edwards
2/3/XX/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:56 pm 

With the draw of Forward Bucktails the score is <font color="red">CSA 180 </font id="red">and <font color="limegreen">USA 104</font id="limegreen">.

Wait... I'm receiving a terrible news from the Peninsula front:
CS Lt.Col. Lynn is defeated at Savage Station and concede the victory to US BG Mark Wolken on turn 13 !!! [:0]

Ouch ! The updated score for the 1st HACW is:

<font color="red">CSA 180</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA 188</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:26 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harold Lajoie</i>
<br />With the draw of Forward Bucktails the score is <font color="red">CSA 180 </font id="red">and <font color="limegreen">USA 104</font id="limegreen">.

Wait... I'm receiving a terrible news from the Peninsula front:
CS Lt.Col. Lynn is defeated at Savage Station and concede the victory to US BG Mark Wolken on turn 13 !!! [:0]

Ouch ! The updated score for the 1st HACW is:

<font color="limegreen">USA 188</font id="limegreen">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sir,

After more than two hours of fighting near Savages Station, I was forced to withdraw our Confederate forces into the inner defenses closer to Richmond in the face of superior Union numbers, leaving the field in possession of the Yankee invaders.

This was precipitated mostly by General Jackson's refusal to move 13,000 of his men from their position north of the Chickahominy where they were attempting to rebuild a pair of bridges. My repeated calls for him to abandon the project and move instead with all haste to cross the river at other available bridges to the west fell upon an appearantly deaf ear as his men made no effort to alter their position.

In the meantime, two full Union corps who had been in retreat near Glendale were free to turn westward and drive towards the James river and the Confederate rear. With the majority of the Confederate army starting out north of the Chickahominy with only a single road close enough to effect a crossing, there was no possibility of shifting sufficient forces to the south in order to stave off the two pronged Union flanking attack, and our heavily outnumber though valiant Home Guard units, though they determined to attempt to hold the outer works, would not have been capable to stopping the Union advance. It was therefore determined that no recourse existed for our army but to pull back into a more defensible position closer to the city in order to prevent its capture by the enemy. It is hoped that now that our lines are consolidated that the enemy will be foolish enough to launch an attack against our works, which we have no doubt will result in his utter destruction.

Your humble servant,
Col. Alan Lynn
Commanding, ANV
HQ Outside of Richmond

(Incidentally, this is a horribly designed scenario which I would recommend everyone to avoid like the plague. The Rebs are in an impossible position and have 13,000 of their best men fixed effectively for the entire battle, while the Union has NO fixed units and is free to concentrate on the outnumbered Rebels with impugnity and also have a free pass into the Confederate rear due to the initial setup of Confederate forces. The designer should have fixed the Union units south of White Oak Swamp in order to make this scenario even remotely even in fairness...)

Regards,
Col. Alan Lynn
3rd Battery "Jacksonville Greys"
4th Div, II Corps, AoA
God bless <><
Signal Corps, Assistant Editor

"The only accurate news is well researched history."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:16 pm 

Two new scenarios are open at the Opponent Finder section:

CO 09. Cane Hill

and Prairie Grove (Two versions: CO 09 or BGS 16).

The tournament is a success, I wish to thank all the participants. [:)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:14 pm 
Lt Col Lajoie

From the Pea Ridge Battle field

BG Curtis reports that the Union Army of the Southwest has soundly defeated MG Van Dorn and the Rebel Army of the West. With Union casualties at 1700 and the loss of 3 artillary pieces to CSA casualties of over 3100 and 32 pieces of artillary and the untimely deaths of Major Lindsay and MG Price - the rebel army has offered the white flag in the face of the overwhelming federal victory.

In game terms after 59/94 turns BG N. Kunz - CSA has surrendered to Col N. Edwards - USA Major Union Victory. BG Kunz played a valiant game however, the efforts were in vain this time as the federal forces either eliminated or routed the majority of his forces.

I salute this fine southern gentleman and I am sure I will dearly pay for this victory as we are at it again at Newtonia - and I am unlikely to escape a thrashing.

Colonel N.Edwards
2/3/XX/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:14 pm 

Congratulations to US Col. Neil Edwards for his great victory at Pea Ridge. Things are turning badly for the Confederacy...[V] but the war is far from over and the Southern moral is still unaffected ! [:D]

Updated score:

<font color="limegreen">USA 232</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:22 am 

CS Captain Jeff Conner had a major victory at Golding's Farm, it gives 84 big points to the Confederacy !

Updated score:

<font color="red">CSA 264</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA 232</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:04 pm 

Armstrong's Raid 2: Britton's Lane.

10 am: BG Armstrong, raiding the rear of the Union lines, is riding with 3200 men on Medon road. Federal soldiers are located at the nearby intersection of Britton Lane.

11 am: The Federal position is running from north to south on a hill behind large cornfields. Scouts have reported two guns and maybe 1000 infantrymen. One battalion is sent north to distract the enemy, the rest of the brigade will try to surprise the Federals with a flank attack on their right. The Confederates will fight dismounted.

Noon: The approach was succesful and we move in the woods, undetected. The assault will start with 2000 men in battle line, the rest is not far behind and will join the fight in the next hour.

2 pm: The Federal line was broken and the Confederates can claim a major victory. The Federals fought bravely but with great losses:
800 infantrymen, 75 cavalrymen, 2 guns, many supply wagons and the capture of Col. Dennis. Less than 300 men escaped in the northern woods. The Confederates lost 400 cavalrymen.

The updated score for the 1st HACW is:

<font color="red">CSA: 268</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA: 232</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:04 am 
Harold,
I must report to you that the Battle at Browners Farm has ended in a draw. The fighting was fierce at times but in the end both armies were too exhausted to take advantage of mistakes.

LTC D.H. Smith
2 BDE/3 Cavalry Divison/III Corps,AoA,CSA
http://users.adelphia.net/~sapper99/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:40 pm 

I just received a report from US Col. Michael Gjerde: the Union won a Major Victory on the first day at Shiloh. This give 104 points to the Federals.

The Draw at Brawner's Farm give 6 points to each side.

The score for the 1st HACW is:

<font color="red">CSA 274</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA 342</font id="limegreen">

Murfreesboro and Fredericksburg are now open, two huge battles and the war could be won or lost on those battlefields.

CS Col. David Ray is commanding at Fredericksburg. All the South is with you, Col. Ray in this very difficult task.

US Col. Michael Gjerde, the glorious victor of Shiloh, will take command of the Union army at Murfreesboro.

US General Willie Passmore is patiently waiting at Corinth for a Rebel opponent. Please don't make him wait too long, we need a good Confederate officer to capture and hold that fortress.

CS Lt. Col. Lajoie will fight against US Major General Keller in front of Perryville, Kentucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:15 pm 

CS Major General Nick Kunz has received the 1st HACW CSA Veterans Medal for having played in more than 100 turns in the tournament.

Congratulations Sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:17 pm 

US Colonel Neil Edwards has received the 1st HACW USA Veterans Medal for having played in more than 100 turns in the tournament.

Congratulations Colonel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:19 pm 

With the Draw at the Battle of Newtonia, each side receives 4 points.

<font color="red">CSA: 278</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA: 346</font id="limegreen">

1863 is about to begin...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next