American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:30 am 
After finally getting my Vista related problems resolved via HPS' new patch (thanks guys) I grabbed a new video card on the weekend. The games play fine but when scrolling (either auto scroll, manual or even in replay mode) in either 2D or 3D views the map is largely obliterated, appearing as a blank white area within the borders of the tool bar, unit display area, window header). The hexes on the side and the hot spot hex will be visible but the rest whites out as soon as I start to scroll.

I'm thinking it must be related to the new vid card, a 256MB GeForce 7600GS, which otherwise seems to work well with Vista, Take Command 2nd Manassas and a few other programs. It worked quite well with the 64MB on-board video which I ran with prior to upgrading. I should note that strangely there is no problem with Campaign Gettysburg but there is with both Campaign Shiloh and Campaign Peninsula. All are patched with the latest updates from the HPS site.

I'm not much with the tech end of things. [B)] Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated.

Gen. Den McBride
Congaree Swamp Rifles
"Fightin' for The Cause since '97"
III Corps, ANV
C.S.A.
swampfox_csa(at)yahoo.ca
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:08 pm 

Den,

Make sure the "Alternative Scrolling" option is checked in the Settings menu...it will be the default the next round, but you still have select it with the current updates.

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:47 pm 
Rich & Larry,

Thanks to you both for taking an interest. I did go and make sure I had the right drivers, on your suggestion Larry. Turns out they were fine but the Alternative Scrolling issue was the problem. Now I need to figure out a way for this computer to last me from now through the next 40 or so years. [:I]

Gen. Den McBride
Congaree Swamp Rifles
"Fightin' for The Cause since '97"
III Corps, ANV
C.S.A.
swampfox_csa(at)yahoo.ca
ImageImageImage