American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:33 pm 

I would think quartetrly would be acceptable, even preferrable, but a simplified/streamlined report form for II Corps AoA is desireable even with that.

I don't see why the policy/requirements cannot be universal Club-wide or at least for each side, respectiverly.
From a VMI aspect, it would simplify explaining muster to incomming officers.

<center> <font color="red"> MG Tom Phillips,CSA
</font id="red"> <b> <font color="orange"> 4/II/AoA
</font id="orange"> </b></center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:07 am 

Gentlemen,

I will weigh in on the side of quarterly muster reports, as it is often spares pick'ins in one month as few long battles can be finihed that quickly. In addition it is easier for Corps commander to tally quaretly wards when they are all compiled together instead of looking over the last three months of reports to creat another report. I do not see any problem having the men muster monthly, just have the muster report quarterly. This way you will have a track record as to who has mustered and who has not for three months. My two cents...

ImageImage

Lt General Joseph C. Mishurda,
"Killer Angels"
VI Corps, AoS, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:16 am 

I think a quarterly muster with a stronger attempt to obtain replys (multiple follow up emails to those who don't respond) would be better than the current monthly. For example, the second quarter muster would start with emails on June 1st followed by followup emails every week for three weeks. Then at end of month the muster rolls would be reported.

I think this would make the muster a better indication of who is and isn't active which I feel is its primary purpose.

In the past we have also reported player activity but this has been so sporatic that I have stopped. It would probably be better to use the "Department of Records" to obtain this information if we want to include it. It would be nice to have each officer report the current state of their games and whether they are winning or losing but it creates more work preparing the muster and give more reason for officers to not get around to it. However, a quarterly report might make this an easier task since you wouldn't feel that as soon as you finish one report it is time to start the next.

LG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
III Corps, AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:24 am 

Why couldn't the game registry system itself be utilized to determine who's active, with an alerting to Commanders of those roster members who required contact to establish Status/Intent?

<center> <font color="red"> MG Tom Phillips,CSA
</font id="red"> <b> <font color="orange"> 4/II/AoA
</font id="orange"> </b></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:42 am 

I agree <gulp> with Colonel Quick. This would be an area where consistency would be beneficial to all. It gets back to the old debate on who gets what out of this Club. Some are role players, some are strictly gamers, and everywhere in between. What's the best way to keep track of actives.

The Union Army has a Standing order on the topic:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Standing Order #5 – Muster Requirements and Member Status

Muster

Muster of all assigned personnel is a requirement at the Army Commander level. Each Army Commander is directed to at minimum conduct a monthly poll of their assigned officers to ensure they remain active and in contact within the Club. This muster can be delegated to Corps and Division commanders, with results being collated at the army level if it is desired. The muster may be undertaken via any of the following methods:

Email from the Army, Corps or Division Commander
Reply to a Muster post at the Army tavern
Automated web forms

A member is considered to be in good standing if he is heard from at least once per quarter. If a member is not heard from during a given 3 month period, he is moved to the Hospital for 3 months before being Discharged. Every effort should be made to contact the officer in question, including emails, posts at Army and Club taverns, and soliciting opponents (use the game log to find them) for recent activity/contact, prior to moving an officer to Hospital or Discharged status.

Member Status

There are several categories of membership (other than active and assigned to a command), as listed at the Department of Records site and available for use by Army Commanders and above to reflect assignments. The following are the guidelines for use in the Union Army for those categories:

Hospital – This is intended as a temporary holding area of up to 3 months for officers who go out of contact unexpectedly. Officers in the Hospital maintain their rank and points. They remain assigned to their respective Army.

LOA – This is intended for officers who request a leave of absence for whatever reason. It may be granted for any period, but typically for no longer than 6 months. Officers on LOA maintain their rank and points. They remain assigned to their respective Army.

Retired – This is intended for officers who wish to retire from the Club. Officers maintain their rank and points. They remain assigned to their respective Army.

Discharged – This is intended for officers who go out of contact and have exceeded their stay in the Hospital, or are discharged from the Club by the Cabinet for any reason as per Club Rules. In either case, officers DO NOT maintain their rank and points. Applications for exceptions may be made to the CoA. Reinstatement to the Club is only through application to West Point except for those discharged by the Cabinet, in which case application is made to the Cabinet via the CoA.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

As you can see, it's a monthly roll call with a quarterly focus. Our version of a compromise on the subject...

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/