American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: See Ya
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:00 am 
It's Saturday and it's finally time to start the day.[:D]
Made it here yesterday and met a bunch of club members. They are all even more crazy in real life then they are over the computer. This is going to be fun. Wish you all were here. We'll keep you posted next time we make it back to HQ.[:)]

Lt. Col. T. Brewster
2nd Ohio Rifles
1st Division
II Corps
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:01 am 

Lt. Col Brewster,

Where is "here"???

"Made it here yesterday"
"Wish you all were here."

Regards,

BG Boyd Denner
1/3/III
ANV

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TBrewster</i>
<br />It's Saturday and it's finally time to start the day.[:D]
Made it here yesterday and met a bunch of club members. They are all even more crazy in real life then they are over the computer. This is going to be fun. Wish you all were here. We'll keep you posted next time we make it back to HQ.[:)]

Lt. Col. T. Brewster
2nd Ohio Rifles
1st Division
II Corps
AoP
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

BG Boyd Denner
"Alabama Brigade"
1/3/III
ANV
"God Bless the Alabamians" Gen. Robert E. Lee - The Wilderness 1864

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:28 am 

Gotta be Antietam, that's where the get together is...

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:58 pm 
Yes it is Antietam. The day was great, good food, new friends, and alot of walking (oh yeah, good drink too). Our tour guide was Bill Spitz and he did a great job. Don't think I've ever met anyone with that much knowledge about a battle.
Plenty of pictures taken that I'm sure will be posted in the near future.
General Moose isn't quite the man I thought he would be. We all had to pitch in to insure the freedom of Notso and the Moose. There was some sort of comment made about General Mooses daddy and it all hit the fan. I guess General Moose cant hold his drink like I figured he could.
Thats the news from the See Ya gathering and we'll keep ya posted.

Lt. Col. T. Brewster
2nd Ohio Rifles
1st Division
II Corps
AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:06 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Tahoma"><font size="4"><font color="green">Darn Yankees, I told Notso to leave em home! Tom forgot to mention the phone call received around 1:15pm when most of the group was at the Corn Field. I called Notso to see how things were going and got to say hi to Gary Caverly, Tom Phillips, Bill Spitz, Tom Brewster and Vern Pinkham. Bob Weir was over at the Visitors Center so I didn't get to say hi to him. Kerry Vannanda was there too. It sounded like they were all having a great time.

Regards,

</font id="green"></font id="size4"></font id="Tahoma">

<font color="green"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
Commanding,
3rd Bde, 1st Div, II Corps
Army of Georgia
Confederate States of America</font id="green"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:28 am 
I had to break camp and disengage early due to enemy snoring stop Brewster doesn't sound like he's sawing logs stop He sounds more like an entire lumber company stop Besides it's very uncomfortable to have to sleepwith ones saber still on ones hip stop Geez talk about sleeping with ones enemy! LOL
Great time all! May you all have a safe and pleasant journey back to your homes.[:D]

Lt.Col. G.L.Caverly
2nd Div., II Corps
AotM
"Give em' the cold steel"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:49 pm 

Left the boys early this morning as they were on their way to Harper's Ferry and several other fields if they could manage it. I had some detours to make on the way home and a long day tomorrow so I had to skip that part of the trip. Had a fine time even if I had to spend much of the day riding with a bunch of rebs. Between us I'm sure we'll have plenty of pictures to post in the next couple days.

Just finished going over the last couple days dispatches and will get busy on them in a bit, hope to get a few replies out tonite and will finish the rest tomorrow evening.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:48 pm 

HEADQUATERS:
2ND INFT DIVISION
2ND CORPS
FAMILY COMMAND TENT
AOA

SPECIAL DISPATCH FOR GENERAL MOOSE:

SIR,
AFTER I SAW YOU PERSONALLY CAPTURE BURNSIDE BRIDGE, YOU CAPTURED MY HEART AS WELL, AND I LONG FOR THE TIME WE CAN ONCE AGAIN BE TOGETHER IF ONLY FOR A SHOT WHILE.

LADY DANA
FIRST LADY OF THE GREAT STATE OF ARKANSAS

http://www.geocities.com/heydreck/AOA.h ... 3437?20075

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:55 am 
When y'all going to post some pics? It would be great to put faces to many of the names! :-)

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
3rd Bde, 1st Div
II Corps
Army of Georgia
[url="http://convolutedmuse.com"]ConvolutedMuse[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:52 am 
The trip was absolutely fabulous. We started out by seeing the sites of great Confederate victories at Manassass, Chantilly, and Balls Bluff. The Second day we viewed the spots where our boys whupped the damn blue bellies, at Sharpsburg and South Mountain....Finished up by visiting those further Confederate victories at Harper's Ferry, Monocasy, and of course the resounding Gettysburg Triumph! I even walked part of the ground where Picketts men stepped off on their way to splitting the entire Federal Army in half, and forcing their surrender, thereby ending the war with Southern Independence! My feeling of patriotism for my beloved Confederacy, was redoubled by the experience!
Regards to all (even you vanquished Yanks),
Hank Smith

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 am 
On a more serious note....Special thanks to Notso and Ken Miller for their hospitality.....It was great to meet all of ya'll.....finally....Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:33 pm 

Note to all - General Hank Smith is a bit delusional on Rebel victories...[:D]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:53 pm 

<center>Hail Comrades!

What a time was had! </center>

Left Richmond 5am Fri & drove 130 miles west to Lexington, VMI & U.S. 11; then along the Valley Turnpike 'down' the Shenandoah Valley from Lexington to Martinsburg, then through Shepherdstown, Sharpsburg, & Boonsboro to South Mountain, before making the rendezvous at the Hagerstown bivouac.

The perfect spiritual warm-up for walking such deeply Hallowed Ground.

My return route, taking my leave at Monocacy, led me through Leesburg, Warrenton, Culpeper, Orange & Gordonsville, where I hung a left for Richmond.

<center><salute></center>

<center><font size="3"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="black">Major General Tom Phillips, CSA</font id="black">
<font color="red">The Brus</font id="red"></font id="Comic Sans MS">
<font color="yellow"><font face="Times New Roman">Banshee</font id="Times New Roman">
<font face="Century Gothic">Army of Alabama
</font id="Century Gothic">
</font id="yellow">
</font id="size3"> </center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:23 pm 

well we made it back to the hq in indiana after hours of rain soaked highways and many pit stops. the trip was wonderful, meeting all those who attended was the highlight of it all for lady dana and myself. one of the greatest parts of the trip was lady dana calling the sleeping general hank in the middle of a storm and acting like the hotel manager and informing him that everyone was to head to the basement due to an incomming tornado, but the quick thinking general hank, with reading material in hand was not about to leave his fellow comrades in harms way, so he came charging into the room to make sure all of us recived the word from the hotel manager, only to find all of us wating there to give him a good laugh,,,bravo gen. hank. the whole experence was incredible and we cannot wait until the next see ya, we would like to thank col.quick for doing a fantastic job putting the whole thing together, and bill for the great job he did giving us the grand tour,we learned so many things about the battle and would like to say thanks. all in all the entire group was just a great group of folks and i feel privledged to have gotten to know each of them. standing in the sunken road was moving to me in so many ways, i will remember it for the rest of my life.

BG.VANNADA
HEADQUATERS:
2nd INFT.DIV.
2ND CORPS
AOA

http://www.geocities.com/heydreck/AOA.h ... 3437?20075

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:46 am 
I'll have to remember not to fall asleep on the next one of these trips.....Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp