American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:18 pm 

Officers of the Club,

November, again, proved to be a rather slow month as far as Cabinet business was concerned. The following items were addressed:

1) Approved 5 CSA (G. Krenek, G. Beacco, M. Burns, G. Hargreaves, and D. Smith) General promotions.
2) Discussed delegation of Civilian Cabinet duties by Military commanders. (No action taken.)

December will prove to be a very busy month, as it is time for elections again: Jeff Laub's term as USA CoA is up at the end of the year, as are the terms of Lars Wistedt (as one of the two USA Secretaries) and Pat Carroll (as one of the two CSA Secretaries). Also, we have not yet held an election to permanently fill the position of CSA CoA (Dave Bowman is currently holding the position of Interim CSA CoA).

I am in the process of naming an election committee to oversee these elections. In the meantime, please consider if this is the time for you to step up and serve the club in one of these positions. (For eligibility requirements, see the Club Rule section 3.3.4.2. For duties of Cabinet members, see Club Rule section 3.3.1.2.) If there are other officers you would like to see in any of these positions, now is the time to contact them and encourage them to serve.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:55 am 

Got it! So the test worked with me. Anything else Notso? How's the back?

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, CTH, GB, OZK, SH, VK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:22 am 
Got the message. Now what is this for? Cabinet use? If for the general membership where do we access it?

Dan

"Smith's Division"
MG D.H.Smith
1st Infantry Division III Corps AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:58 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D.H.Smith</i>
<br />Got the message. Now what is this for? Cabinet use? If for the general membership where do we access it?

Dan
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Smith,

Since this is Colonel Quick's project, I will let him address the details. At this point, he has provided me with access to an "Office of the President" page, which allows me to send emails to all email addresses in the Department of Records. I have resisted the urge to inundate club members with multiple club-wide emails (we all have enough spam in our In-boxes as it is!), although I have used the system to remind our club members of the current election, and intend to continue to do so.

I commend Col. Quick for the hours of effort he put into developing this club-wide distribution service.

I was disappointed with the high number of addresses that bounced back as undeliverable, indicating to me that some of our officers have not kept their official club addresses current. This is NOT a reflection on Col. Quick's work -- he, like all of us, can only work with what we have. It is up to each individual club member to maintain his own email address. (Any officer who cannot remember how to access his own information should contact his immediate superior for instructions. If the superior officer is not able to assist, the request should be sent up the chain of command.)

Your humble servant,
Gen. 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:44 pm 
Thanks DW.

"Smith's Division"
MG D.H.Smith
1st Infantry Division III Corps AoA