American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: January Cabinet Report
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:47 pm 

Officers of the Club,

Coming on the heels of the election in December of four of the seven positions on the Cabinet, I thought January would be a breeze. I thought wrong:

1) Welcomed new Cabinet members Mark Nelms and Robert Weir.
2) Dealt with motion by Larry Quick to change Club Rules dealing with elections (Motion defeated by a vote of 0 ‘yes’ votes, 5 ‘no’ votes).
3) Dealt with motion by Jeff Laub to censure an individual (Motion passed by a vote of 4 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes).
4) Received resignation of Larry Quick from Cabinet, withdrawal of resignation, and subsequent final resignation.
5) Dealt with motion by Jeff Laub to accept Larry Quick’s resignation from the Cabinet (Motion passed by a vote of 4 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes).
6) Appointed Ed Stewart to serve as interim CSA Cabinet Secretary.
7) Dealt with motion by Jeff Laub to change Club Rules dealing with elections. (Motion passed by a vote of 6 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes).
8) Dealt with motion by Mark Nelms to change Club Rules dealing with expansion of accepted games (Motion passed: vote: 6 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes).
9) Approved 3 USA General promotions (J. Fogarty, R. Virts, and T. Ciampa). (Motion passed by a vote of 6 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes ).

As you can see, there were two motions passed by the Cabinet for Club Rule changes. These will be presented for club-wide vote in the near future. We will also need to conduct an election to find a permanent replacement for Larry Quick. (Ed Stewart is filling this post on an Interim basis.)

Beginning with the February report, I will not just report the votes on each issue the Cabinet addresses, but how each member of the Cabinet voted. The only exception to this will be diciplinary matters, which need to remain confidential.

As always, any questions or comments are welcomed.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 am 

Wow!Very interesting month...talk about being thrown unexpected curves! Curious about Item No. 8. expansion of accepted games? Does that mean adding games like some of the grand strategic ACW games out there that we have discussed in the forum from time to time? Or are we just talking about strictly TS and HPS games? No agenda...just curious and my apologies if I have missed earlier posts about this issue. Thanks so much.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />Officers of the Club,

Coming on the heels of the election in December of four of the seven positions on the Cabinet, I thought January would be a breeze. I thought wrong:

1) Welcomed new Cabinet members Mark Nelms and Robert Weir.
2) Dealt with motion by Larry Quick to change Club Rules dealing with elections (Motion defeated by a vote of 0 ‘yes’ votes, 5 ‘no’ votes).
3) Dealt with motion by Jeff Laub to censure an individual (Motion passed by a vote of 4 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes).
4) Received resignation of Larry Quick from Cabinet, withdrawal of resignation, and subsequent final resignation.
5) Dealt with motion by Jeff Laub to accept Larry Quick’s resignation from the Cabinet (Motion passed by a vote of 4 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes).
6) Appointed Ed Stewart to serve as interim CSA Cabinet Secretary.
7) Dealt with motion by Jeff Laub to change Club Rules dealing with elections. (Motion passed by a vote of 6 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes).
8) Dealt with motion by Mark Nelms to change Club Rules dealing with expansion of accepted games (Motion passed: vote: 6 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes).
9) Approved 3 USA General promotions (J. Fogarty, R. Virts, and T. Ciampa). (Motion passed by a vote of 6 ‘yes’ votes, 0 ‘no’ votes ).

As you can see, there were two motions passed by the Cabinet for Club Rule changes. These will be presented for club-wide vote in the near future. We will also need to conduct an election to find a permanent replacement for Larry Quick. (Ed Stewart is filling this post on an Interim basis.)

Beginning with the February report, I will not just report the votes on each issue the Cabinet addresses, but how each member of the Cabinet voted. The only exception to this will be diciplinary matters, which need to remain confidential.

As always, any questions or comments are welcomed.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Major General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, CTH, GB, OZK, SH, VK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:29 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tciampa</i>
<br />Wow!Very interesting month...talk about being thrown unexpected curves! Curious about Item No. 8. expansion of accepted games? Does that mean adding games like some of the grand strategic ACW games out there that we have discussed in the forum from time to time? Or are we just talking about strictly TS and HPS games? No agenda...just curious and my apologies if I have missed earlier posts about this issue. Thanks so much.

Major General
Tom Ciampa

General Ciampa,

Nice to know somebody actually reads these monthly summaries! :-)

This is the first public word that the Cabinet has been discussing the issue of expanding games, so you have not missed anything. An election committee has been named to present these changes to the club for review and club-wide vote, so you should be hearing more on this topic in the very near future.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:32 pm 

Thanks, Sir, for letting me know...I will check in from time to time...hope next month is easier for you. [:D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tciampa</i>
<br />Wow!Very interesting month...talk about being thrown unexpected curves! Curious about Item No. 8. expansion of accepted games? Does that mean adding games like some of the grand strategic ACW games out there that we have discussed in the forum from time to time? Or are we just talking about strictly TS and HPS games? No agenda...just curious and my apologies if I have missed earlier posts about this issue. Thanks so much.

Major General
Tom Ciampa

General Ciampa,

Nice to know somebody actually reads these monthly summaries! :-)

This is the first public word that the Cabinet has been discussing the issue of expanding games, so you have not missed anything. An election committee has been named to present these changes to the club for review and club-wide vote, so you should be hearing more on this topic in the very near future.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Major General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, CTH, GB, OZK, SH, VK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:32 am 

Us Yankees read it, DW - not sure how many of your Rebscan...[:D]

General Jeff Laub