American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:30 pm 
I have which question he is directed to creators HPS Antietam how and to more experienced players.
I play the historical campaign and am under Grevton ( second battle)now, I chose the option that all my brigades are
active from the beginning , the battle lasts twelve rounds and I am near eleventh. Namely it as for now pretended me to break the enemy, I have all important points captured( the federal commander does not have any chances on the effective defence in this script near the decided attack of the armies of the south).But I lose this battle and this according to the score very much because there is The major Victory for The Union.The question has to do what the confederate commander enough to win this battle?If someone is interested I can send small picture from the field of the fight.
Second matter this this that I noticed , and I play three independent the campaign with various enemies , that confederate commanders are not to attack allowed in HPS Antietam .I played three variants of the clash in two under Cedar Mountain when I behaved attack I lost and in third when I am the passive enemy and only defend there was only Minor Victory for The Union
I Ask for Your opinions on this subject.

with the respect
Brigadier General Krystian Betlej
Commander 2nd Division
III Corps AotM CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:55 am 
Krystian,

Head over to the Southern Raiders forum - it is just for Rebs. We discuss those sorts of tactical questions over there to keep Yankees from seeing our plans. [8D]

Just click on the "All Forums" line below the big logo and then scroll down until you see the Southern Raiders forum. If you don't have the new password, email your corps commander - it just got changed a few days ago.

Regards,

Lt. Gen. Alan Lynn
CSA Chief of Staff
3rd Bgde, 3rd Cav Div, II Corps, AoA

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:08 am 

From a tactical point of view, you may have a better position on the battlefield, but your loss is due to the points awarded for loses. I can only assume that you have suffered far greater loses then your enemy. So control of VP hexes is good, but if doing so has caused you to suffer higher than normal loses, then the battle would be considered a loss.

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:18 am 
To Richard Walker
If you give me the address I will send You the email the small picture from the field of the battle and you will estimate table with losses(victory points) and only if and my mistake or usual bug in the game.My federal enemy himself grants that he does not know about what in this clash he walks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:28 am 

Hey Gen. Lynn,

No one can get into the Southern Raiders, it's been compermised and the password doesn't work.

Respectfully,
Lt.Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:05 pm 

I looked at the scn your playing. Though you have a commanding position on the battlefield, the victory conditions read:

<i>(What if, 12 Turns) Confederates start unfixed and must use
the exit hexes to cutoff King's Division and gain enough points
to win.</i>

You didn't accomplish the mission of the scenario to win.

Lt. Col. Richard Walker
I Corps
Army of the Mississippi
2nd Brigade, 3rd Division
"Defenders of Tennessee"