American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:31 am 

Col. Peters,

I had thought that your original posts, aggravated in tone as they may have been by the situation to which you referred, contained some merit of consideration. I suppose that those specific items you mentioned may <i>still</i> be of some merit, but your manner and outright disrespect towards the views of General Corbin far exceed the boundaries of what is expected in the way of courtesy within this forum. I cannot state more forcibly enough that you have not only done General Corbin an injustice with your outburst, but that you have disrespected the sensibilities of a great many officers of this club, not to mention needlessly injecting a great amount of turmoil within the minds of the newer officers within this community.

You would do well to more properly lodge your complaints in a manner more becoming your long history within this club.

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:10 am 
Site Admin

I can understand Bill's frustration with the system. I have thought about leaving the unit to get away from that. The AoG is excellent and sends out calls to muster regularly as well as provide a lot of feedback as to promotions and such. I like the communication but not the regular mustering. It is not a lot time to muster but as someone who is active in the Club, either in games or admin duties and a long standing member, I do not feel that I should have to muster every month.

The problem is that the system is a catch all to keep in touch and is not applied with any regularity or standardization throughout the club. It definitely needs a good revision with different protocol for new, mid an old members. Perhaps a different system applied to rank in the club and or tenure.

The request to send a proposal to the Cabinet is a very good one but it is certainly a daunting task to come up with one. Perhaps we can toss ideas around which can then be put together for a proposal.

Best Regards,

General Pierre D.
1st Bde, 3rd Div,I Corps
Army of Georgia, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:48 pm 

Officers of the Club,

General Peters submitted a suggestion to the Cabinet for consideration. I appreciate the thoughtful consideration he gave to his proposal.

The Cabinet has discussed the topic of Mustering, and collectively agrees that the current Rules, as written, allow sufficient flexibility and guidance on Mustering in the Club. We also feel that personal interaction, where appropriate, is a key element that sets our Club apart, and as a Cabinet, we endeavor to encourage that interaction at all levels within the Club. Many tools or methods can be and are used for muster purposes, with the key to their effectiveness almost always being in how each individual commander implements them - not necessarily in the tool or technology itself. Any questions regarding the actual implementation of Muster should be directed to the respective Chain of Command up to either Union or CSA Chief of the Army.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army