American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:41 pm 
Gentlemen,

Some of the boys and I are getting together for breakfast and a day at the Antietam Battlefield on Sunday August 2nd, 2009.

We'll be meeting at the:

Red Byrd Restaurant
19409 Shepherdstown Pike
Keedysville, MD 21756-1253

at <b>8 AM</b> for breakfast and then we'll be heading out to the Antietam Battlefield thereafter.

The Red Byrd is a little local joint with that old home town flavor... the pancakes happen to taste like whatever was cooked in the pan the night before! Breakfast is at 8 AM simply because it's August and we want to get out to the battlefield before it gets too hot. (Sweaty Yanks sure STINK!!!)[:0]

But feel free to join us whenever up like. I'll have my cell phone with me and if you want to track us down at anytime during the day... feel free to call 301-318-8070.

We'd love to have you come and join us. Several of us are bringing our wives... (after all, someone has to do the dishes to pay for breakfast) so don't feel like it's just going to be the <b>GREAT & AWESOME GENERAL HULINSKY</b>... there might actually be some interesting people there. [:)]

If you're interested in joining us... feel free to post below... send me an email (husker6101@yahoo.com) or give me a call on my cell phone so we know to be looking for you!

We'll "See Ya" there! [;)]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:54 pm 

Roger,

For whatever reason...I seem to have taken a liking to you, and MAY be able to attend. I can promise, or write it in stone yet, but keep your head on a swivel! There may be yanks lurking about...

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Major General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:52 am 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">General Hulinsky Suh! <salute>

Roger, I warned you about making such a public posting for this event. Now the Yanks will think that they organized this. This is almost as bad as the lost orders wrapped with the cigars that they found![xx(]

Sigh, another of these wonderful gatherings that I will have to miss. My duties at the Institute keep me occupied in Mississippi.

Regards</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Commandant
Vicksburg Military Institute</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:00 am 

Last edited by dradams2 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:12 pm 
Gentlemen,

Would you please remove your hats as we honor a fallen Union foe.

<center>Image</center>

Here lies the remains of Major General Rusty Hodgkiss, who gave his life for his country and for his brother's in arms. He attempted a gallant charge over Burnside's Bridge... only to be repulsed by a horde of Rebel minnie balls.

<center>Image</center>

After the battle, his body was fished out of the fast flowing Antietam Creek.

<center>Image</center>

He was loaded into an ambulance and directed along the Sunken Road. And his remains were lowered into the ground, with only an abandoned Union artillery piece to mark his grave.

<center>Image</center>

General Ken Miller, representing the Union Army at the funeral... said a few somber words as General Bob Weir, General Don Adams, Civilian Larry Quick and General Roger Hulinsky recounted the many victories that they had gained against the VIII Corps of the AoS. Each one thought... "Who will rise up to replace the only Officer in the Union Army from whom we could always count on achieving an easy victory?"

It was certainly the end of an era. <sniff>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:34 pm 
As you can see... we had a great time at Antietam today! The morning started out rainy but the food at the Red Byrd Restaurant was great.

In attendance today, we had Ken Miller (our sole Union represenative), Bob Weir, Larry Quick and his son Andy, Roger Hulinsky and his wife Julie and who can forget General Moose! Of course, the biggest surprise was that Don Adams showed up at the Red Byrd all the way from Houston, Texas! Wow!

Here's just a couple more pictures from our day on the battlefield.

<center>Image</center>

<center>Ken Miller, Larry Quick, Don Adams, Roger Hulinsky. Larry is proving to us that he does know how to count to two!</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>Bob Weir and Don Adams are discussing the BIG MONEY to be made in the hat & t-shirt business.</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>Mr. Texas Tech & General Moose and discussing Big XII Conference football. Will Texas Tech beat the Husker's this year?</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>General Moose & a Pittsburg Steeler are discussing the disgusting result of this year's Superbowl.</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>General Moose and Andy Quick are trading advice about their techniques for getting dates with rich women.</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:47 pm 

Well! Looks like a great time was had by all! (Didn't turn out real good for me though. LOL!!) Hopefully Don wasn't too disappointed in the company, especially after making such a long trip.

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Major General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 pm 

Great pictures.

Nice to see Don has resurfaced![:D]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">