American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 am 

The bar is open, since this is my 5 yr anniversary with this great Club and Army "AotM". so the bar is open, except for Bubba McOmish, Gen. Ludwig, Gen. Laub, Gen Thompson, Gen. Meyer, Gen. Malone since they drink toooooo much I couldn't effort their bar tab even if I worked for the next ten years [:D][:D][:D]. Have enjoyed my time in the club

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
AoM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:57 pm 

I am genuinely crushed, General Bastiani, that you've included me in such intemperate company! Oh, I suppose its true that I've overindulged from time to time in preparing the old newspapers, but that is nothing compared to the almost continous toasting for which General Laub is noted! Of course, he will plead that its all part of his job being the Chief of the Union Army and such, and doubtless the others named will make similar protests. But that's the way of it when you've grown accustomed to the taste and are formally excluded from such a celebratory event. My congratulations nonetheless!

(Listen, if I stand out back, do you think I could have first crack at the empties?!)

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:51 pm 

General Bastiani <salute>

Sir, my congratulations and admiration for you accomplishment. If the general deems it necessary, I will inspect the empties before General Myer has a crack at them.

Your humble servant,

Major Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM (Bayou Devils)
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:57 pm 

General Bastiani <salute>

Sir, my congratulations and admiration for you accomplishment. If the general deems it necessary, I will inspect the empties before General Myer has a crack at them.

Your humble servant,

Major Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM (Bayou Devils)
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:58 pm 

Well Gen. Meyer and Maj. Hebert I doubt if there well be anything left in the empties with the likes of Gen. Laub, Gen. Mallory, Gen. Ludwig, Gen. Thompson. Didn't mean to group you in with all of the others, Gen Meyer [:D] Almost forgot Gen Hulinsky, it's rumored that he can drink his horses weight in beer

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
AoM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

[:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:00 pm 

(sniff sniff) Hey! Do I smell booze!? The only thing better than free booze...is the when General Bastiani is buying! Thought I'd better get here right quick, before General Thompson heard tell of this gathering! He's liable to ride his broken down, rickety old horse right up to the bar...and who knows what he'll do when he finds that he's not on the guest list!?

General Hulinsky...why that old curmudgeon! He should be banned from any imbibing! Last time I saw him, "self medicated"(After plundering my wagons at Spring Hill, my pink uni and all.)...he tried to milk his horse...felt sorry for him...heck...felt sorry for the horse.

Congrats General on your 5th year! Here's to you! If'n you don't mind a yank buying you a round. CHEERS!

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Major General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:15 am 

Well then...

Gery, happy daze to you!!

Thanks for the free drinks... I guess thanks to General Hodgkiss for helping me with my disguise... He claims it makes me look like Gen. Hulinsky... but I'm not sure wearing an old muleskin (head included) is really right. And it does get tiring listening to Rusty run around yelling..."Hey, get off of my ASS!!!"...

<HIC> (excuse me!)

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:18 pm 

I do not know if I have been paid a complement or it has been inferred that I have a drinking problem[?] It could be both[?] I shall wait until the party is in full swing and then sneek in and give his bar tab a good old fashioned pounding - I think I will have a few other officers sneeking in with me[:D] Keep me out I think not!!

(well done Gery!!)

Brig Gen Gam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers
Gainsville Infantry Division
King Cotton Corps
Army of Georgia
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:31 pm 

Gery,

Congrats on 5 yrs. I will buy the next round!

Cheers,

Lt.General Dale Lastowicka
XIX Corps, AOS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:55 pm 

<center>As your Theater Commander, I will be induldging all that I please, but no worries....give me the hard stuff first and I'll drop fast...

But Roger!! You are gonna let General Hulinsky drink!! [:0][}:)][8] The Christian Ladies Temperance and Poor Relief Fund will be looking for you after you let Roger go home. Best we lock him in the barn after he's done....and leave him with a few drunk yankees...oh I don't know his friends in the AoS should be ripe by then too....[:p][:D]

<b>The Christian Ladies Temperance and Poor Relief Fund</b>

Oh and how dare you associate me with the likes of General Mallory & Laub!! Do you know what those men are like!! Again the Christian Ladies' will be looking for you if you DON'T let them drink....[:p][}:)][:D][8D]

<b>Look at these fine Yankee women from the Christian Ladies - Enough to scare the Jesus into ya!!</b> [:D][:p]</center>

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:11 pm 

Well now, that's just great! The CLT&PRF went after me last year when I hosted a beer bash in Cincinnati for the wounded vets of my division! They darn near had my commission revoked before it was all over. Nope! There's no way now that Ludwig's gone and let the cat out of the bag for me to get anywhere near those empties.

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:34 pm 

General Ludwig?! Could you type into my good ear? I thought I saw you say that Roger has friends! Oh boy...better tell the barkeep to just leave me the bottle...

BTW...where'd you get all of the pictures of General Thompson? I had no idea he was so involved in trying to stamp out the ugly head of drunkeness...

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:28 pm 

Gen. Ludwig Suh,
In the top picture, the women in the center looks alot like my first ex-wife [:D]. Oh Gen. McOmish I wouldn't think of keeping you out, it's just that a Pvt. pay only go's so far [:p]. But anyway drink up, you only live once. And what has happen to the good Gen. Hulinsky, didn't know a good cav. officer would pass up FREE DRINKS [:0]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
AoM CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:10 pm 
Lt. General Bastiani,
Gery,

Why Sir... I heard you was waiting for me to make an appearance. [;)]

I apoligize for the delay. I've started to stable my horse on my newly acquired plantation and darned if he isn't confused about where home is... and where Headquarter's is... and where the Mason-Dixon Tavern is. In fact, he's not sure what direction is North or what direction is South anymore.

It's a terrible situation to be in. He's so very disoriented. Why he doesn't even know which direction to tuck tail and run in when the Yankee start a chasin us! I guess this means that we is just going to have to stay put and fight. The Yanks will be so very shocked at this development! [:p]

Congratulations on 5 Years in the Club, Sir! My... doesn't the time fly by! LOL!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:13 pm 

Speaking of the ugly head of drunkeness... LOL!!!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RTHodge</i>
<br />
BTW...where'd you get all of the pictures of General Thompson? I had no idea he was so involved in trying to stamp out the ugly head of drunkeness...

VIII AoS

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS