American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:51 am 
Gentlemen,

Has anyone seen Colonel DeStefano? I've a promotion and a couple awards for some very worthy IV Corps Officers. Colonel DeStefano... there you are, Sir! Would you please wrangle up Jan Welleman, Roberto Morresi and Ian Travers? Thanks, Sir! <salute>

<b><center>FRONT & CENTER</center></b>

<center><b>LT COLONEL IAN TRAVERS</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Ian... Congratulations on your promotion to Lt Colonel! It's so good to have you back after your horse (computer) troubles and your deployment with the British military. How does the SAS compare to the Army of the Mississippi, Sir? Excellent work, Ian and welcome back! <salute>

<center><b>Major General Jan Welleman</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, it is my pleasure to award you an AotM 1 Year Service Ribbon for your time served in the Army of the Mississippi. Does it really seem like you've been in the AotM a year now? Wow, how the time flies! Congratulations and thank you for your service! <salute>

<center><b>Colonel Roberto Morresi</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, it is my pleasure to award you an AotM 2 Year Service Ribbon for your time served in the Army of the Mississippi. Congratulations and thank you for your service within the 2nd Division of the IV Corps! <salute>

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Lieutenant Colonel Travers, my congratulations sir! It has been a while since we have shared a cup over the camp fire and it is good to see your continued success.

General Welleman and Colonel Morresi, my congratulations on your recognition and pray we may share the battlefield someday against the Yankees.

My regards,

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:32 am 
Gentlemen,

I've another promotion and an award for some very worthy IV Corps Officers. Colonel DeStefano... would you please wrangle up James Foster and Blake Strickler? Thank you, Sir! <salute>

<center><b>CAPTAIN BLAKE STRICKLER</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Blake... Congratulations on your promotion to Captain! It's very good to see our newest Officers from VMI proving themselves and making a name for themselves in the AotM so quickly! Congrats and keep up the good work! <salute>

<center><b>Fld Lt James Foster</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

James, I know you were presented with the VMI Medal of Valor for winning your first battle against the Union traitors by Brig. General Waylon Hughes Jr just a few days ago... but I just wanted to recognize your accomplishment! And oh my Sir... is it true you won your battle against a Yankee General? Wow... that will put them back on their heels! Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 pm 
Gentlemen,

The following AotM Officer's have earned Battle Citations for Victories over Union opponents during the month of February.

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center><b>Lt General Kennon Whitehead</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Major Victory in 10Jan16562 in 23 turns at HPS Gettysburg versus an AoS Officer.</center>

<center><b>Colonel Nick Destefano</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Major Victory in 09Oct16200 in 54 turns at HPS Gettysburg versus an AoT Officer.</center>

<center><b>Lt Colonel Stewart Stiles</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Minor Victory in 09Nov16337 in 25 turns at HPS Chancellorsville versus an AoC Officer.</center>

<center><b>Major General Owen Evans</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Major Victory in 10Jan16537 in 22 turns at HPS Chancellorsville versus an AoS Officer.</center>

<center><b>Brig. General Tim Reneau</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Minor Victory in 10Jan16634 in 12 turns at HPS Gettysburg versus an AoT Officer.</center>

<center><b>Brig. General Mike Burns</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Minor Victory in 10Feb16656 in 15 turns at HPS Chickamauga versus an AoC Officer.</center>

<center><b>General Roger Hulinsky</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Major Victory in 10Jan16609 in 27 turns at HPS Antietam versus an AoS Officer.</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>A Major Victory in 10Feb16768 in 19 turns at HPS Peninsula versus an AoT Officer.</center>

Gentlemen, congratulations on your victories! It's always nice to be able to visibly see the success of the Army of the Mississippi. In February, we posted victories against every Army in the Union except the Army of the Potomac. (Maybe they were on vacation?) [;)] Three against the AoS, 3 against the AoT and 2 against the AoC. That's a total of 197 victorious turns in February. Perhaps the highlight of the month was an AotM Fld Lt who won his first victory against a Union opponent... and it was a Yankee General to boot! Great job, Sir!

Keep up the fight, gentlemen!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:58 pm 

To those Gentlemen of the fine Army of the Mississippi who have just been promoted or who have been awarded for giving the smurfs cold steel - well done one and all <salute>. Keep up the scare[:D]

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:39 am 

"Smurfs?" Come now, sticks and stones!

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
AotS Chief-of -Staff,
2nd Division Cmdr, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:25 am 
I'm pretty sure the term "smurfs" was a popular term in the 1860s.

MG D. Groce
Commander
V Corps AoP
"beyond our ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:10 am 

Gentlemen <salute>

My congratulations to the recognized officers!

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:54 pm 
Gentlemen,

The following Officer's have earned AotM Maneuver Citations for maneuver games within the Army of the Mississippi in the month of February.

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center><b>Capt Blake Strickler</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 10Feb16713.</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 10Feb16713.</center>

<center><b>Major General Bert Daniel</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 10Feb16723. This was a "King of the Hill" Tournament game!</center>

<center><b>Major General Larry Bertolino</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 10Feb16723. This was a "King of the Hill" Tournament game!</center>

<center><b>Colonel Robert Hardee</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 10Jan16513.</center>

<center><b>Brig. General Tim Reneau</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>For 10Jan16513.</center>

Congratulations, gentlemen!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:58 am 

After much research I found that the term SMURF was used during the ACW. It was a CSA acronym as follows:<b><font color="yellow">
S = Small
M = Minded
U = Union
R = Rascally
F = Fools </b></font id="yellow">
Two SMURF’s = a brace of SMURF’s
Three or more SMURF's = a gaggle of SMURF’s
The reason we have blue smurfs dudes today as because of the union blue uniforms – you can find anything on the internet
[:D]

<font color="blue"></font id="blue"><font color="blue"></font id="blue">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:32 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

It is my pleasure to award the AotM Outstanding Brigade Award to Colonel Robert Hardee for February 2010!

<center>Image</center>

This Award reconginzes an Officer's "All-Around" contributions to the Army of the Mississippi in a wide variety of ways. I have chosen to recognize Colonel Robert Hardee because of his activity in so many areas. He has never failed to Muster since he has joined the AotM. He is always active in numerous engagements against the enemy and is also involved in maneuvers within the 2nd "Gator Alley" Division. You often see him posting here within the AotM HQ and he's gone and acquired himself a very nice set of colors for his Brigade.

Beyond this, Rob is very quick in responding to all the dispatches sent to him. Not to mention he's quite creative with those dispatches. Why just this morning he sent me a series of dispatches with U Tube videos (whatever that is). [;)] And darn it... any guy who will date a gal from Omaha is fine by me! [:p]

<center>Image</center>

I very much appreciate Colonel Robert Hardee's efforts in helping make the AotM the organization that it is today!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:04 pm 

Colonel Hardee <salute>

Congratulations! Nicodemus is absolutely giddy that an officer of the 2nd Division, I Corps, has won this distinction two months in a row and offers a round of drinks for all officers.

It is an honor to have you in this command, and I salute you!

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:37 pm 
Gentlemen,

Each month the Army of the Mississippi awards the AotM "Citation for Gallantry" to the Officer who has the most completed victory turns versus Union opponents. Our award winner for the month of February is Colonel Nick DeStefano! Congratulations, Sir!

<center>Here is your ribbon, which has been posted to the AotM web page!</center>

<center>Image</center>

<center>And your Certificate of Award.</center>

<center>Image</center>

Keep up the fight, Sir! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:42 pm 
Gentlemen,

Your troublesome Army Cmdr has come up with a concept... nothing original for sure... to establish the <font color="orange">AotM Intelligence Center</font id="orange"> as a site that collects information on Union Officers and specific scenarios for the benefit of the Army.

Here's the link to the new AotM Intelligence Center. It will require you to use your acwgc.org Username & Password to log in... same as old AotM Forum... and the same as you used at the VMI Mess Hall. There's also a link on the AotM web page.

http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_admin/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=41

You'll also be asked to enter a password for the Intel Center. You can get this password from your Division or Corps Cmdr.

I've setup the forum so that each Corps has their own Corps Forum... then there's also a Forum for Union Officer Intel... and then individual Forum's for each HPS & TS Game. This way we can enter the Union Officer Intel Forum... then select the topic for that particular Officer and see what has been said about him. If the Officer your looking for isn't listed... you can start a topic for him and begin your commentary on them.

I asked our Division & Corps Cmdrs to assist me in getting some posts started in the Union Officer Intel section and we've already got profiles for Pat Thompson, Al Amos, Jim Wilkes, David Groce, Kevin Killeen, Jerry Butley, Mike Seger, Matt Perrenod, Rusty Hodgkiss, Ed Blackburn, Ernie Sands, Ken Miller, Drex Ringbloom, Lutz Schmidt, David Elkin and John Corbin. And we are only getting started.

The same goes for the scenarios. A sample topic title could be... "Wheatfield to Roundtop 6c by Ned Simms" in the HPS Gettysburg section.

What I'm planning on doing myself is writing up an AAR (After Action Review) for each battle after I've completed it and posting it to the AotM Intelligence Center. I'd like to encourage you to do the same thing. I'm planning on awarding additional Conduct Points to our Officers who are contributing good material at the end of each month.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'm open to suggestions but I think this could end up being a very good tool for all of us. I know throughout the KotH Tournament... Officer's were always asking me what some balanced scenarios were. If we would all post our thoughts on the scenarios that we played in the course of the Tournament... we would have a wealth of information available already.

I look forward to reading your posts.

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

PS - If you've never registered for the acwgc.org forums... the instructions are listed below. I do know the Registration Email isn't being sent out by the server properly. So if you complete the registration form and don't get a confirmation email... email me the Username you've selected and I will manually go into the system and confirm your registration for you. If you've forgotten your password... let me know what your Username is and what you'd like your temporary password to be and I'll reset it for you.

<i>How to Register for ACWGC.ORG Forums.

Here's the step by step process to walk you through the registration process.

Go to:

http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_admin/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=26

In the top right corner, click on "Login".

On the next page... click on "Register"

On the next page... click on "Before 15 May 1996"

On the next page... click on "I agree to these terms"

On the next page... enter the Username you want to use
enter your email address twice
enter password twice
enter language
enter your time zone
enter confirmation code
click on "Submit"

Then an email will be sent to the email address you entered above. Click on the activation link in the email and you'll be registered. Then you just use your Username and Password to Login in and you can post to these pages.</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:52 pm 

General Hulinsky I would request that any Union Officer profiles do not contain any photos as they are all so dang ugly and we do not want to put people off playing them. Plus the description of General Ringbloom as "Ruggedly Handsome" is stretching the truth somewhat - these things must be factual[:p]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next