American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:50 am 
Gentlemen,

The following Officer has earned AotM Purple Heart for the month of January 2010. Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

This AotM Award is awarded monthly and recognizes the AotM Officer who has completed the most turns of battle in a specific month in a losing effort. Since the ACWGC is not a Ladder Club, based merely upon wins alone... we are recognizing those Officers who are completing significant numbers of turns even though their efforts end up as victories for their opponents. On many occasions our Officers encounter difficult scenarios where victory is unobtainable but they dutifully move forward and engage their Union foes... fighting honorably to the bitter end. This sort of behavior is to be Highly Commended by both sides of the Club! As Commandant Waylon Hughes Jr at VMI says... "It's better to win a friend than a battle!"

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center><b>General D.W. Mallory</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

General Mallory, thank you for bringing the battle to the enemy! I admire your persistence and devotion to the cause and everything else that you do for the Club in your service within the AotM and on the ACWGC Cabinet!

Warmest Regards,

General Leonidas Polk
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:55 am 
Gentlemen,

Each month the Army of the Mississippi awards the AotM "Citation for Gallantry" to the Officer who has the most completed victory turns versus Union opponents. Our award winner for the month of January is General Hulinsky! General Hulinsky had a combined total of 139 victory turns in 4 separate battles! That was two Major Victories and two Minor Victories! It will probably never happen again! [;)] <salute>

<center>Here is your ribbon, which has been posted to the AotM web page!</center>

<center>Image</center>

Keep up the fight, Sir!

General Leonidas Polk
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:05 am 
I think I should also get one of Gen. Hulinsky's "Citation for Gallantry" ribbons as I believe I had much to do with his victories.[8D]

MG D. Groce
Commander
V Corp AoP
"beyond our ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:52 am 

I think over 80 of those turns were in our Hagerstown March battle. Damn those cannons.

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
Commanding 2nd Div, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:59 am 

Gentlemen <salute>

Congratulations to the officers recognized for their acheivements. Win, lose or draw, it is becoming known that the Army of the Mississippi is a fighting unit. I am honored to serve with each of you.

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:07 pm 
Major General Ringbloom & Groce,
Drex & David,

Well... since you mention it... I do owe both of you gentlemen a drink or two on my tab for your contributions to my recent award. I would also mention Lt General Hodgkiss... but he's always coming in and putting drinks on my tab so that wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary! [;)]

Also... I should thank Major General Paul Kenney, the 3rd Division Cmdr in the Fourth Cavalry Corps of the AotM as he was my partner in crime in our two most recent victories against the Union forces at Atlanta. Paul is by far the better part of the team... I just tag along as he leads us to victory! Thanks, Paul! <salute>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:38 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

Please allow me to introduce you to the newest Officer in the Army of the Mississippi. Fld Lt Blake Strickler graduated from the Vicksburg Military Institute with honors and was assigned to our Army last night. Fld Lt Strickler has further taken command of the 6th Brigade, 4th Division, Fourth Cavalry Corps under the command of Colonel Nick DeStefano and Lt Colonel Hampus Drott.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Fld Lt Strickler and present him with the AotM Service Ribbon.

<center><b>FRONT AND CENTER!!!</b></center>

<center><u>Fld Lt Blake Strickler</u></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, it's a pleasure having you serve as an Officer in the AotM and I'm sure I'll be making numerous awards on your behalf in the days and months ahead. <salute>

Three Cheers for the Western Theater and the AotM!

General Leonidas Polk
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:52 am 

Field Lieutenant Strickler <salute>

Sir, welcome to the Army of the Mississippi! Colonel DeStefano and Lieutenant Colonel Drott are both fine officers, and I'm sure you will enjoy your new command under their leadership. I look forward to our service together.

My regards,

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:06 pm 

Welcome to the Western Command Fld Lt Strickler, you certainly have joined a fine command. Have fun and keep those fellows in blue scared.[;)]

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 am 
Officer's of the AotM,

Good morning! I had an Officer approach me asking about what the process is for becoming a Division or Corps Cmdr within the Army of the Mississippi. I thought that was an exceptional question and I wanted to take the time to answer that question and put it here in our HQ for future reference. What I've done below is described the basic responsibilities of a Division Cmdr. A Corps and even an Army Cmdrs duties are very similar to these but I think this will get us started. There are always opportunities for leadership within the AotM... at any level... so if you are interested... regardless of your rank or experience... please let myself, your Corps or Division Cmdrs know.

The basic responsibility of the Division Cmdr is to promote the activity of the Officer's within your Division and to report regularly to your Corps Cmdr.

I have designed Division Reporting forms for all of the AotM Divisions. They are located here:
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/reports/DivReporting.html

For example, you can click on the link for 1st Division, I Corps: http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/reports/DivReport1D1C.html

<center>Image</center>

I've copied a portion of the form above. It shows the basic information that the Corps and Army Cmdrs want to know about each of your Officers each month.

First, Has this Officer Mustered this month? If yes... you check this box.

You would determine that they have mustered by checking the AotM Muster site:
http://www.acwgc.org/AotM/Muster.cfm

Division Cmdrs have special access to this page... which I would show you later if you accepted the position. If they have not Mustered... you would email them and remind them to do so. We want all our Officers to Muster every month as it is a Club requirement.

Second, Has been in Email Contact this month? If yes... you check this box.

As a Division Cmdr you should be sending out an email to each of the Officers in your Division about once a week. Basically, you are supposed to be a friend to each Officer in your Division and get to know them. The purpose of your emails is to see if they are playing games, if they need any help in learning to play better (as it's more enjoyable to win than to lose) and just generally keep them interested in the Club.

Third, Has games In Progress. If yes... you check this box. It's a Club requirement to have at least one game going on at all times.

If they don't, then assist them in finding an opponent and a game to play. Also it's great as a Division Cmdr to play maneuver games with your newer Officer's to help them learn how to play better and also as your Division Officer's become more experienced it's often great fun to see if you can get all or a bunch of your Division Officer's to play in a multiplayer game together. It's great for building esprit de corps and for building the reputation of your Division as a veteran fighting force.

Fourth, Has posted at AotM HQ at MDT this month. If yes... you check this box.

The AotM HQ is here: http://www.wargame.ch/board/acw/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14088

Every Officer should check in and post in the Forum at least once a month. If they are not... they are missing out on a lot of whats happening in the AotM. I'll list the information for registering for the Mason Dixon Tavern below.

<i><font size="1">Send an Email to acwgc@wargame.ch stating a Username and a Password you want to use as well as your ACWGC unit.
Request will be reviewed and eligible member will be created. You will be notified when your registration is complete. You will be able to update your profile and change your password once registered.

Note: All posts require your signature to include your Rank, full Name, (Unit) Bde/Div/Army and side.

-If you forget your password you can go to the http://www.wargame.ch/board/acw/ page and use the 'forgot your password' section.
-Anyone can view the boards without registering

Questions: acwgc@wargame.ch</font id="size1"></i>

Fifth, Has Requested Leave of Absense this month. If yes, check this box and then type a message in the Additional comments regarding this Officer box.

Let us know why they are going on a Leave of Absense and when they expect to return. Some exapmles, might be in cases of military deployment, extended vacation, sickness, hospitalization, moving or having your computer die and it will taking awhile to replace it. Generally anything that would have a Officer away from the Club for 4 weeks or more should be reported as a Leave of Absense so that Officer isn't thought to have suddenly disappeared from the Club.

Sixth, we have I am requesting 0-4 conduct points for this Officer this month. These are conduct points that can be awarded to Brigade Officers who are fully meeting all the above listed requirements.

The range of conduct points that can be requested are from 0-4 points. These have to be approved by higher as the Army of the Mississippi has around 80 Conduct points to award it's Officer's each month. Sometimes you'll have an exceptional Officer who is doing all the above and more... maybe helping out with web pages, organizing battles, etc. You'd definitely want to request 4 conduct points for them each month. Your average Officer is generally going to earn from 1-2 conduct points a month if he meets all the requirements above.

Lastly, we have Additional comments regarding this Officer, where you can make specific comments about that Officer. It could be Leave of Absense info, comments that you are engaged in a maneuver game with them and that their gaming skills are improving, that this Officer is asking questions about something in the club and you don't know the answer to it... just any sort of comments about this fellow that you want higher command to know about or that we might be able to assist you with.

These are the basic responsibilities of a Division Cmdr. At first, it may seem like a lot of work... which in a sense it is but after awhile it just becomes second nature and you can do it in your sleep. Not everyone is cut out to be a Division Cmdr... you have to enjoy interacting with the folks in your Division and you have to enjoy the Club, the gaming, the history and the roleplaying aspect of things... but if you do like these things... I believe you'll find being a Division Cmdr the most rewarding administrative position in the Club.

Division Cmdrs are also eligible for Conduct Points and these are recommended by your Corps Cmdr on a monthly basis. As a Division Cmdr... you are also eligible for 5 Administrative Points each month for the successful completion of all your Divisional duties. The idea of admin points is that it pays you for the work you do as a Division Cmdr and makes up for some of the points you might have gained if you would have been spending that same time in fighting your own personal battles instead. That's an extra 60 OBD points a year... which is a great bonus if you enjoy being a Division Cmdr.

If anyone has any questions... please let me know. If it's something that you think you would like to do... let me know and we'll make it happen.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:02 am 

Gentlemen of the fine Army of the Mississippi <salute>

I would like to fully endorse the effort General Hulinsky is putting into the administrative aspects of the AotM. If we do the admin bit right then we have a well functioning club, which, in my view, makes the club more of a fun place to be.

On a similar note, last months muster report for the AotM was the best ever, with 6 out of 8 Divisions being 100% mustered. Well done Suh's

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:48 pm 

Pre-Quals for Div or Corp Commanders.

1. Eat NC BBQ by the pound.
2. Drink whiskey by the gallon.
3. Court women by the dozens "and not get caught by the wife[:D]"
4. Drink Yankee's under the table,

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:59 pm 
<center>Image</center>

Why we even have North Carolina BBQ that will appeal to Colonel Hebert! [;)] But this place looks a little fancy for my taste! You need to find one of those backroad BBQ places that looks like a rundown gas station for REAL Carolina BBQ! No alligator served here!!! [:p]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 pm 
Officer's of the AotM,

It is my pleasure to award the AotM Outstanding Brigade Award to Brig. General Tim Reneau for January 2010!

<center>Image</center>

This Award reconginzes an Officer's "All-Around" contributions to the Army of the Mississippi in a wide variety of ways. I have chosen to recognize Brig. General Tim Reneau because of his activity in so many areas. He has never failed to Muster since he has joined the AotM. He is active in numerous engagements against the enemy and is also involved in maneuvers within the 2nd "Gator Alley" Division. You often see him posting here within the AotM HQ and he's gone and acquired himself a set of colors for his Brigade.

Beyond this, Tim recruited one of friends (Major General Peek) to return with him to the Club. Tim's very quick in responding to all the dispatches sent to him. Not to mention he's quite creative with those dispatches and often has all of us who read them laughing in the aisles. And finally, he personally smacked down a certain Yankee General who wandered into our HQ and was talking trash. That bluebelly quickly cried "Uncle" on the battlefield near Chickamauga and has not been heard from since then. [;)]

<center>Image</center>

I very much appreciate Brig. General Reneau's efforts in helping make the AotM the organization that it is today!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:24 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Brigadier General Reneau is an excellent brigade commander and I am thrilled to have him as a member of "Gator Alley". He fights a mean battle, is always available when called upon for advice or a scrap with the Yankees, and is a joy to have in 2nd Division. The award is well-deserved and he has my most sincere congratulations!

White Oak Mountain!

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next