American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:51 am 
Gentlemen,
The Lts Cup between VMI and the UMA is in need of some participants. Any officer in the Club with the rank of Lt. Colonel or lower may participate in the Cup and we will try to match them with an opponent from the other side of the Club. Most of all I am in need of Yankee officers to battle our legions of new recruits. If any of you senior Union Army leaders have young officers in your commands that would be interested please give us an introduction and I will get them set up as soon as possible. If any Rebel officers with the rank of Lt. Colonel or lower would like to participate please email me at your convenience as well. This is not the usual way to get participants in the Lts Cup but we have plenty of new officers in need of a good battle to "see the elephant" in! You can contact me via the MDT message option, through email at StricklerBlake{at}yahoo[com], or by carrier pigeon if necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:03 am 

Unfortunately, all my brigade commanders with one exception outrank me! :mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:39 am 
We have our first reply from a Yankee officer! My thanks to Lt. Col. Mike Cox of the Army of the Shenandoah for stepping up and leading the way. Someone buy that man a drink over in his locked Yankee tavern!

Last edited by Blake on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:45 am 
A second Yankee officer has volunteered! Hats off to Field Lt. Mark Johnson of the Army of the Potomac!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:49 pm 
Another pair of volunteers have stepped forward!

Lt. Col. Andreas Trommel of the Army of the Tennessee and Field Lt. Karel Van Canegem of the Army of the Mississippi are ready to do battle against one another. I thank them both for volunteering and wish them luck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 am 
Yet another game has been created for the Lieutenant's Cup! I am glad to see so many officers stepping up! We could always use more volunteers so please, commanding officers reading this, spread the word to your men under the rank of Lt. Colonel. Thanks to Gen. Meyer who alerted his entire Army to call for volunteers! Its Club efforts that reach across the Mason-Dixon Line that really make it easier for things like this to go on and be successful.

Raise a Cheer for Field Lt. Stan McDowell of the Army of Northern Virginia and Field Lt. Bill Bullock of the Army of the Shenandoah for volunteering! They are now matched up together and will take the field as soon as possible.