American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:09 am 

Isn't it frightening how much each of the three current ACWGC Presidential nominees look like David Mallory? Oh, wait...that was Mallory making the announcements himself, wasn't it? :P

Pierre, Pat and Blake, all fine Southern gentlemen each, and all prepared to lead us into the second decade of the millenia. :shock:

I would like to invite all three of them into the Old Abe Tavern to inspect the damages caused by Cameron McOmish in my recent absence and to immediately offer to bail me out! My barmaids are now in need of a free healthcare program, and I have shovel-ready cleanup jobs that need to be financed. In addition, I would like the club to reimburse me for all of my computer repair costs as it is my right as a club member to be able to communicate! :wink:

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:32 am 
Luckily we in the Southern States have not overspent and watched our economy bottom-out. We, therefore, have no "bail-out" system in place for you. We would be happy to send you a dozen shovels though as a good-will gesture to help clean up. And any of the barmaids who are now in need of "healthcare" are welcome on our side of the Mason-Dixon Line.

As far as your right to communicate... whats the matter? No USPS out there? That would give a whole new meaning to "Play by Mail." Wow... could you imagine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm 

No, no, no...you've got it all wrong, Blake! This is the age of the computer. Instead of cluttering up and overtaxing the physical mail systems with reams of handwritten moves on paper, we need only use our computers as typewriters and reformatters, first composing our movement instructions and then burning them onto those plastic disks called CDs. Then we simply mail out the CD! :)

However, I must protest this notion that because I am a Northerner I am somehow less deserving than those of you in the South, and therefore would be ineligible for social help from the Cabinet. I'll have you know that the Old Abe Tavern was created with open doors for everyone, and that our Southern friends were always welcomed to come in at any time and partake of both our hospitality and generosity, the bar being always well-stocked and the barmaids well-schooled in political correctness. I'll admit that some of our AotT officers are hardcore Yankees, and have not always put their best foot forward whenever Confederate officers have entered. But they must be forgiven for their ways as they are our best fighters!

But just look at the mess that your Western Theater Commander has left of the place! All of the wiskey is gone, none but dregs remain in the beer barrels, and the wine cellar has been stripped bare. Things have been so badly depleted that there is now a large contingent of my officers sitting out back of the tavern sipping their own home-brewed tea!

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 pm 
Quote:
and the barmaids well-schooled ...

The first time I read this I thought you said the barmaids were well "well-stacked," lol. After that my mind just drifted.... :wink: