American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:08 pm 
Gentlemen,

One of the long standing traditions that I have always enjoyed about the ACWGC Club is the Annual Christmas Ball.

In the past, one Army or another has had one... how about calling an end to hostilities for an evening and having an a joint Christmas Ball in a neutral location so that both sides can attend? It's been a long time since I've actually seen Lt General Neal Hebert in person... other than observing him commanding his troops through a set of field glasses across the battlefield. (And then generally... it's just his backside I see as he's retreating over the hill and through the woods to Jefferson Davis's house!)

And I'd really like to meet Mrs. Hebert again! She's a fine woman and I should like to offer her some compliments and give her a small gift for the holiday season.

And it's also been quite some time since I've enjoyed a piece of fine Southern peach pie baked by Mrs. Ned Simms!

What do you say, gentlemen? Can you arrange such an endeavor? It could be a place where ACWGC Officer's on both sides of the Club post their holiday wishes here in the MDT and some festive holiday pictures of themselves, their families, their dogs, their Christmas tree or a stand in model (as I'm sure General Strickler would be wise in doing)! :wink:

Sincerely,

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 pm 

Not a bad idea Gen Olinsky, we were going to have one down here, with the planning being quite advanced - well getting the booze in part anyway. So I am not adverse to making it a combined one. I will draft up a schedule of evening festivities for the Ball Steering Committee to have a look at :D

Combined Christmas Ball Steering Committee:

Gen Cam McOmish - Chairman
Gen Joe Meyer - Deputy Chairman
Gen Olinsky - Temporary Acting Local Deputy Chairman
Gen Hebert - Brevet Sub Deputy Chairman

All we have to find now is some suckers - I mean helpful volunteers, to do all the work .

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Last edited by cameronm on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The connection between the brain and keyboad not working

Profile Send private message