American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:53 pm 

Gentlemen!

Please find attached below a draft Cabinet Action Plan for 2021 for your review and comment.

This plan has been developed based on a variety of information including the responses to the Club Survey, consultation with Line Officers, recent posts on the MDT and an overarching goal to increase recruitment and retention of new members to our Club.

Please post comments you have on the proposed plan in this thread. I ask this so that other members (including the Cabinet) may easily see your feedback and offer their own. We welcome an open and productive exchange of ideas regarding this plan. Please provide any comments you have by May 21, 2021. I am happy too, to receive any feedback you wish to provide to me directly. You may do that by email to me via: waltdortch@gmail.com

The Cabinet will carefully consider comments received as it moves to final the plan which will be posted in the MDT.

As you will see, the plan proposes that several Action Teams be formed to address Club priorities. Please let us know if you would be interested in serving on any of these teams.

My very best regards,

Walt Dortch
President, ACWGC

_________________________________________________________________________________________
ACWGC Cabinet 2021 Action Plan
05/10/2021 Membership Review Draft

The Cabinet’s 2021 Priorities: The “3 R’s”: Recruitment, Retention and Rightsizing

1. Recruitment. Support RO Officer Strickler’s efforts as requested. Increase monthly outreach to wargaming related FB pages and Websites. Actions which collaterally relate to enhancing recruitment are prioritized (e.g., Club website facelift).

2. Retention.

• Tournaments. The survey results indicate there is lots of interest in them. The Cabinet shall move forward with establishing a Tournament Design and Management Team (TDMT) to support and facilitate the creation and management of Club sponsored tournaments. The RO shall create a page on the RO website that describes Club sponsored tournaments—yet another inducement to join the ACWGC.
• Strengthen regular communication and mentoring by line officers (see rightsizing below). Make communication and mentoring, not reporting or side specific website maintenance (e.g., Army specific websites), the priority for line officers.
• Reduce or eliminate monthly requirements for Line Officers which do not significantly contribute to the 3 R’s.

3. Rightsizing. The first two R’s are likely obvious, the 3rd perhaps not.

• Rightsizing means tailoring current services and procedures with the Club's ability to provide 1st class service which crosswalks into recruitment, retention and attracting new members to consider joining the administrative team of the Club (and make their ability to do so EASY).
• A significant part of this is to reduce the monthly overhead that line officers must deal with which we know is presently is discouraging members from stepping into administrative positions in the Club (such as the effort needed to manage awards).
• It also means reducing the number of web pages that presently seem over the top (like the reference in the UA rules to Corps level web pages). It also means closing long neglected pages in the Club website or those which when clicked lead to dead end (a negative experience for potential recruits if they are checking us out). To address this, a Club Website Review Team (CWRT) shall be formed. The review of the Club website will naturally lead to intersection with side specific websites and reducing redundancy between the two types should be a goal of the CWRT. Review of mustering requirements and our awards programs follow closely behind.
• There has been lots of great discussion lately about the good and the bad associated with mustering and here again, it appears putting a team together to look at this is a good idea. President’s comment: “I will say I am a firm believer in the power of the monthly muster to create meaningful communication that I know from experience contributes mightily towards our retention goals.”
• Awards. The CSA has already conducted a review of its program and is considering rightsizing options. It is recommended that the UA do the same. We have pretty conclusive evidence from the survey that the medals and awards program is important to a small percentage of our members. That doesn’t mean it should be discarded, it does mean its overhead should be commensurate with the contribution it makes to the 3 R’s.
• Rule’s revision. Jim Boling has already stepped up to lead a comprehensive review of the Club rules. As it is likely that completion of other tasks is going to produce the need for some rule changes, we should let those tasks be completed before we begin a comprehensive rules review.

Proposed Action Plan Teams

Based on consultation with various Officers, posts made on the MDT and the results of the Club Survey, 4 Action Teams are proposed.

1. Tournament Design and Management Team (TDMT) – David Mallory lead
2. Rule Revisions – Jim Boling lead (see discussion above as to sequencing the work of this team with others).
3. Website Review –Walt Dortch lead. Note that Scott Ludwig has already agreed to serve as a member of this team.
4. Muster Process Review – Jim Boling lead.

Team composition: The Team leader shall reach out as he desires to staff his team. No formal approvals are needed to initiate formation of the Action Plan Teams. Team leaders shall strive to include a new member (joined the Club on or after January, 2018) on their teams.

Team charters: Team leaders shall prepare a task plan that will be reviewed and approved by the Cabinet before it is implemented. This plan shall include scheduling of In Progress Reviews (IPR’s) wherein the Team leader shall advise the Cabinet as to progress, problems and prognosis for task completion.

Products: Team leaders shall use the Cabinet Proposal format (on file in the CBF and Teams site) to propose action/s resulting from their efforts.

Target date for completion of tasks: December 31, 2021.

UA Operations Officer
UA Wolverine Team Leader

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:05 pm 

Read and noted.

It all looks good to me and shows us that there are many making a solid and positive contribution to the Club.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:54 pm 

Gentlemen,

I'll be leading the Tournament Design and Management Team (TDMT). The purpose of this team will be to encourage and support tournaments within the club. If you're interested in serving on this team, please contact me. (If you don't already have my contact information, you can find it in the Department of Records.)