American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:34 am 

ACWGC Members,

Registration for the Equal Force Challenge is now open! These WDS Gettysburg scenarios feature two identical forces in strength, quality, and artillery. Each scenario is around 35 turns and features two armies of about 24,000 men. You can volunteer to play in one, two, or three of the available scenarios. The games will commence on March 1.

Registration will remain open until February 25.

Participation will require you to download and install customized game files. If you have any questions about this, you can email me at any time or check out the Help Page on the ACWGC.net site.

Special thanks to all who have emailed me this year to inquire when the "next one" will start. I am glad so many are enjoying these games.

https://blakeacwgc.wixsite.com/2024challenges/equalforcechallenge

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:54 pm 

I have a couple questions regarding these games.

1) Will we be receiving the file at the start of the game or at the beginning of our first turn? At the start of the game we'd be able to open the file and see all beginning troop dispositions and reinforcement schedules while receiving it at our first turn would keep these hidden.

2) Is it possible to sign up for 1 game and add another at a later time if other games finish and I have time for more?

Thanks in advance,
MG Mike Letus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:56 pm 

Mike Letus wrote:
I have a couple questions regarding these games.

1) Will we be receiving the file at the start of the game or at the beginning of our first turn? At the start of the game we'd be able to open the file and see all beginning troop dispositions and reinforcement schedules while receiving it at our first turn would keep these hidden.

2) Is it possible to sign up for 1 game and add another at a later time if other games finish and I have time for more?

Thanks in advance,
MG Mike Letus

Hi Mike,

The game files are sent over on the start date and could be opened by either side to view the entire setup at that time. To be honest, it's hardly necessary. I believe all three scenarios mirror each other exactly so whatever your own arrival times and numbers are, the enemy's will be the same.

You can sign up for just one game and if available for a second just let me know later on. I sometimes have "extra" players on both sides looking for an extra game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:18 pm 

Gen Stickler,

Thank you for the quick response.

MG Mike Letus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:36 pm 

Gen Strickler,

I've downloaded the files from the site, but was under the impression when registering that an opponent would be picked for me on 3/1. How does that work? Should I advertise in the finder for an opponent? An email may have been sent, but I did find out from an opponent that they had trouble getting a message through to me at that time. My system has been causing some problems the past few days.

Gen Mike Letus
============================================================================================================
Hi Mike,

The game files are sent over on the start date and could be opened by either side to view the entire setup at that time. To be honest, it's hardly necessary. I believe all three scenarios mirror each other exactly so whatever your own arrival times and numbers are, the enemy's will be the same.

You can sign up for just one game and if available for a second just let me know later on. I sometimes have "extra" players on both sides looking for an extra game.[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:15 pm 

Mike Letus wrote:
Gen Strickler,

I've downloaded the files from the site, but was under the impression when registering that an opponent would be picked for me on 3/1. How does that work? Should I advertise in the finder for an opponent? An email may have been sent, but I did find out from an opponent that they had trouble getting a message through to me at that time. My system has been causing some problems the past few days.

Gen Mike Letus

Hi Mike, I sent you over a message.