American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:16 am 
This morning before work I found this tavern down for maintenance and LtGen Adams backup closed.
We probably don't need a back up one that often, but it would be a place to go when the main is down or any reason they wouldn't want to rock the boat on the main tavern.
So I created one at http://forums.delphiforums.com/ACWGC/
The first time you go there it shows an advertisement. Go to the bottom right and click "no thanks". Next time you go there you shouldn't see that no pop up adds otherwise.
I'm not computer smart enough to know how to put it with the club like Gen Adams tavern was.
Thoughts?
BvB/Scott

MajGen, 2/XIX/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:30 am 

Scott- A good thing!! We certainly appreciated General Adams` efforts and its great that you are following in his footsteps. A drink on me!!

Do we have to register to post?

Major General Tony Best
AOJ

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:32 am 

Bill and all,

I have indeed decided to turn the Alt. Tavern over to someone else. I simply have to manage my time better so I can play more games and not worry about other stuff. I would just hand the keys over to the existing site, but it will actually be better if someone like Scott starts it back up from scratch. There were not that many posts there as there has not been much need for it. This site has stabilized from the time we were having access problems due to some technical issues that were evidently solved.

Don't anyone read anything into my decision to close it as being associated with any form of censorship. I wish Scott well with his new site.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
Cabinet Member
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:07 am 
Check it out and gimme your thoughts. I think you can look just as a guest but it's possible you might have to "register" to post. I'm on a different forum over there since '99 called "prodigy exiles" so I didn't think of the need to register. I know they never send me junk email which is cool. Once you go there you can either post on the premade chapters: (general, opponent finder, travel, smoking room, brawl room) or create your own new category.
The easy answer is as Don suggested, handing the keys to his site over. But then that would have to be paid for when the rent is due I assume.
As Don pointed out, it really wasn't used that much. So it would just be a convenient back up.
Just need Don or someone to show me how to put it to the ACWGC links page like his is/was.
BTW - beer is half price there for now... :) BvB/Scott
http://forums.delphiforums.com/acwgc/

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tony best</i>
<br />Scott- A good thing!! We certainly appreciated General Adams` efforts and its great that you are following in his footsteps. A drink on me!!

Do we have to register to post?

Major General Tony Best
AOJ
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

MajGen, 2/XIX/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:32 pm 
Not sure what you mean? The WWI French Fighter Pilot joke?
Categories are: general discussion, opponent finder, smoking room, game trades, jokes.

MajGen, 2/XIX/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:42 pm 

General Schlitte,

RE: "Just need Don or someone to show me how to put it to the ACWGC links page like his is/was."

I expect you're referring to the "Link Express" page maintained by Colonel Ned Simms. It's an excellent site and he does a great job of keeping the links current. I use it for Tavern-hopping. The term "express" makes me think of a train depot -- I don't know if he intended that or not, but it's great for making quick stops at all the taverns and other related sites.

The site is basically organized by army, but there are a number of 'miscellaneous' links. Just drop Simms a note with the link. I expect he'll find a place for it.

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:33 pm 
Gen Mallory - thanks, I'll ask. Also if anyone else thinks the joke there was out of place I'll delete it. Anything there I can change to fit what folks want.

MajGen, 2/XIX/AoS