American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Army Of Texas?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:16 pm 
Is there an Army Of Texas? Im sure that there would be enough players interested in forming one up? How do I go about petitioning the board to getting one started? After I complete my training I would endeavor myself in doing so.

Jeremy

God Bless Texas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:24 pm 

As I understand it, the armies in this club are based on actual, historical armies. I don't believe the goverment of the confederate states ever authorized an "Army of Texas".

CE Trog
2LT, USA
5th Bde/II Div/XV Corps
Army of the Tennessee

"My aim was to whip the rebels. To humble their pride. To follow them to their innermost recesses and to make them fear and dread us. War is cruelty! There is no use in trying to reform it. The crueler it is the sooner it will be over."

-<i>William Tecumseh Sherman</i>-

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:58 pm 

Trog is right. You will not find an Army of Texas here.

Lt. Col. Brad Slepetz
III Corps
AoG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:40 am 
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally served in the Army of Texas!!!! After all the other Confederate Armies surrendered, we were the small Confederate Army (Less than 3,000 troops)that whupped the combined forces of Grant and Sherman at the "Battle of DC" in 1865, and forced their immediate unconditional surrender, thereby securing independence for the South. While our numbers were few, I think it is an utter travesty that scalawag politicians have chosen to "rewrite history" in such a fashion that it is almost as if we never existed, our accomplishment largely lost to history....................What is even more absolutly tragic is that these 2 gentlemen would try to wipe out the history of their own ancestor, as I served in that army under the greatest Confederate General "Slepsta Trog", who never lost a scrap with the Yankees, no matter what the odds!!!!! For shame Sirs, I hope you now feel properly chastised! Regards, Hank Smith

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:51 am 
Since it appears that there is general ignorance of "True Southern" history....I will give you a general account of the battle of DC.....Before the battle, Generals Slepsta Trog and "Hardball Heimlich" had their famous fireside planning session. General Heimlich suggested a typically audacious plan. Confederate units made long flanking marches around both Grant on the right, and Sherman on the left, and fell on each of their supply lines. This caused immediate panic in the Federal high command as Grant was on a "binge" and feared the loss of his supply of booze, while Sherman was concerned about his supply of Prozac. Both pulled strength from their center in order to counter this Confederaste threat, at which time our main body of troops launched a full assault on the Union center, eventually surrounding it and squeezing it until they regurgitated a flag of truce, followed by their unconditional surrender, as they had come to understand further resistance was futile before the "Army of Texas". Of course, the only shred of this history I can find left is the term that refers to this brilliant strategy now known as "The Heimlich Manuever". Regards to all, I hope you are more "enlightened now, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:44 am 
The best story I have ever heard.

Maj. Gen. Chris Cross
Western Theater Commander
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:15 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BubbaScott</i>
<br />How do I go about petitioning the board to getting one started? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Once all the other armies are up to strength AND there are enough people willing to take all the leadership roles necessary to make an army actually work, I guess there would be a possibility the Cabinet might consider it ... and by then you might just have enough stars to lead it [;)]

Maj Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:48 am 

Mr. (Cadet?) Scott,

General Kaulbars is correct in this regard (sometimes the Yanks stumble around and get it right [:D] !). Actually, some officers have suggested the CSA has TOO MANY armies currently, since we have at times had difficulty filling the command positions. I don't see this as being a problem as present, but as General Kaulbars has pointed out, the club still has a lot of growing to do before more CSA armies would need to be added.

For now, the Army of the Mississippi would be the closest to 'home' for you. Once you graduate from VMI, hopefully there will be room for you in the Western Theater.

In the meantime, enjoy your studies!

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:06 am 

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:26 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
<br />I personally prefer a CSA Army of Massechusettes. The Abolitionists would be our cooks and orderlies and team drivers. We would free the slaves and make Harriet Beecher Stowe and her brother wash "down by the riverside!"

If there is an opening in such an army please let me know. Logistics coordinater position would suffice! [:p]

Col. Peters, 3rd Brigade
2nd Cavalry Division, II Corps, AoA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I do hope your being sarcastic....[:)]

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:48 am 

Last edited by dradams2 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:54 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />Mr. (Cadet?) Scott,

General Kaulbars is correct in this regard (sometimes the Yanks stumble around and get it right [:D] !). Actually, some officers have suggested the CSA has TOO MANY armies currently, since we have at times had difficulty filling the command positions. I don't see this as being a problem as present, but as General Kaulbars has pointed out, the club still has a lot of growing to do before more CSA armies would need to be added.

For now, the Army of the Mississippi would be the closest to 'home' for you. Once you graduate from VMI, hopefully there will be room for you in the Western Theater.

In the meantime, enjoy your studies!

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

I DO believe there are too many Union armies right now. More command positions than officers. Usually when I bring this up, the commmand staff starts sending me only baked beans to feed my horse. This means my staff won't ride with me and I have to ride behind my division. Also, no more sneak attacks. Darn, why did I bring this up again. Last time I had to wash my uniform in tomato juice to get out the smell.[:0]

Major General Don Golen
2nd Brig/3rd Div/ I Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:08 am 
I have another portion to the story that I am hesitant to add to the thread....it explains that the main reason for the success of the Confederate battle plan was because of the heroism of the Confederate "Montrose Brigade"....it is a bit "off color" shall we say though.....so I was hesitant to post it....ya'll can vote on whether I should post it if you wish......Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:06 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jefferson H. Davis</i>
<br />I have another portion to the story that I am hesitant to add to the thread....it explains that the main reason for the success of the Confederate battle plan was because of the heroism of the Confederate "Montrose Brigade"....it is a bit "off color" shall we say though.....so I was hesitant to post it....ya'll can vote on whether I should post it if you wish......Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Oh, Nurse! Nurse?! Please give Mr Smith his medication, now. [;)]

CE Trog
2LT, USA
5th Bde/II Div/XV Corps
Army of the Tennessee

E-Mail cetrog@comcast.net

"My aim was to whip the rebels. To humble their pride. To follow them to their innermost recesses and to make them fear and dread us. War is cruelty! There is no use in trying to reform it. The crueler it is the sooner it will be over."

-<i>William Tecumseh Sherman</i>-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:37 am 
No medication needed here!....Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp