American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:04 pm 
<font size="3"></font id="size3">
To all my opponents, commanders, comrades, friends.
I will have to pause my games as my unit has orders to go to the disaster areas. I have no idea when I will get back, was gone most of this year to training and schools for upcoming deployment to Afghnistan, and this was of course unexpected. I will have internet access but will not take my games, I hope this will be no longer than a month, but I am willing to stay as long as needed, the TV scenes are horrible, I am tired of watching the suffering on TV and am eager to get down there and help.
I will continue when I get back and will continue during Afghanistan deployment next year. I don't want to take my games as they would probably be damaged and I hope to be too busy to play, there is too much to do down there.

<font size="3"></font id="size3">
SSG David Ray
HHC 1/180th INF
Oklahoma Army National Guard

LTCol. David Ray
5th Bde, 3rd Div
II Corps, ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:11 pm 

SSG Ray,

GOD's speed Sergeant make Oklahoma proud. Our prayers are with you.

Former Oklahoma Army National Guard member
Sgt E-5 Amos
CSC 1-279 INF

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:23 pm 
Salute to you Okie guard members! :)
My father was an infantryman with HHC 180th RCT/45th Division in Korea (also a WWII vet) - got his picture in the Philadelphia Inquirer getting off a landingcraft in Inchon Nov 51 as the first national guard setting foot in Korea.
I have a brother who stayed in Oklahoma when he got out of the army about 12yrs ago.
One of my former students from my 96B instructor days 18yrs ago went to Desert Storm wearing the Thunderbird patch. He was from Stillwater and died a few yrs ago.
And while stationed in Aschaffenburg Germany I did a lot of research on their fight in that town in 1945 - mainly the 157th Regt. I think the 45th was second only to the 3rd ID for days in combat in WWII. I've accumulated a lot of stuff on that division over the years. Now it's just a brigade though. If any of your unit's predeployment training takes you to Atterbury south of Indianapolis, I have a friend on active guard there that was stationed with me in Frankfurt 30yrs ago. Maybe you could link up with her for a beer. Good luck and stay safe... BvB/Scott in Penna.

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:51 pm 

Col. Ray,

Thanks for the alert. My wife left yesterday morning to go to McComb, Mississippi to serve as a Red Cross volunteer. She's working with Southern Baptists to feed refugees and the community.

I lived in Biloxi, Mississippi when Hurricane Camille hit back in 1969. I was only in the 6th grade at the time, but it made an impact on me. Other people remember the Moon Landing as the big story of that year. Not me. Tonight I watched a news special on Katrina with tears streaming down my face.

Many of you will remember my wife and I visited New Orleans this past spring as part of our 25th wedding anniversary. On that trip, I met General Larry Bertolino, of the AotM, who lives in a suburb of New Orleans (my first face-to-face club meet with a club member). I got his cell phone number and I've tried to contact him but have not been able to (not surprisingly). The last time a hurricane went through there he and his family pulled out. I'm hoping they did again.

Here's to all the volunteers. We'll be here for you when you return.

<salute>

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:14 pm 

Gentlemen,

FYI, General Bertolino has checked in (see the Smoking Room and check out the 'Prayer Request' thread).

Whew -- that's one accounted for, although it will be several days yet before he will know if he has a house to return to or not.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:32 am 

Ray:

Thank you for your service. Best of luck and watch out for them thar' crocks.

Salute

Jerry White (Originally from Ada Oklahoma and getting ready to retire to Norman Oklahoma in January.)

Lt. Jerry D. White, USA
3ed Brigade 'old unmovable'
2nd Division
V Corps
Army of the Potomac

The simplest explanation is the best.
Occam's Razor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:03 am 

Wish, myself and we as a country, could travel down there and help as well. Logistically, I suspect that would hinder rather than help even if we were allowed to. Hope they move quickly, the effort seems life and death. While I have no games with you, I have no doubt that no one in the club who will hold your absents in any way against you. In fact, I salute you--both in the civilwar cyber world, and thank you personally, on behalf of our country for what you are about to attempt.
MG Michael Laabs
3/III A of M