American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What I miss most...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:23 pm 
A few years ago, when circumstances forced me to resign my active commission, I was bouyed by the fact that even though I wasn't able to participate directly, I could still live vicariously through the daring exploits of others.

Hardly a battle was fought that didn't produce a well written recap by one side or the other. Some battles were documented turn by turn (as Tony Best has recently done). And then there were the Big Multiplayers, that produced recaps for each day or month's fighting.

And while I do appreciate the updates on new games and historical debates, I dearly miss reading those old battlefield reports.

Carry On Gentlemen,

Formerly
Col. Charles S. Hayes
Copperheads Brigade
2nd Division
1st Corps
AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:10 pm 

You should switch sides. I try to recap mine in the Quartermasters depot whenever I can. [:p]

Major General Don Golen

1st Division/ V Corps/Army of the Potomac, Union!
Assistant Commandant Union War College

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:18 pm 
Alas, circumstances beyond my control don't permit me to be an active participant on either side. I am relegated to the position of civilian observer.

Formerly
Col. Charles S. Hayes
Copperheads Brigade
2nd Division
1st Corps
AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:40 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font size="4"><font color="pink">Charles,

You and Bill will make a fine pair of sideline watchers! Plenty of time to preview the Forum and make posts but not enought time to do a battle turn once or twice a week! That is all it would take to be an active member again! Come on, stick your big toe in the water and take the plunge!

<font color="beige">Charles, it is always real life issues which bring us back to reality! I do hope you know I meant no disrespect, only thought that you could give 15 minutes a couple of times a week for some gaming. Even a hard working man deserves to enjoy some time off doing a hobby few understand. LOL!</font id="beige">

Respectfully,

</font id="pink"></font id="size4"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Lieutenant General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:24 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by warbison</i>
<br /><font face="Andale Mono"><font size="4">Charles,

You and Bill will make a fine pair of sideline watchers! Plenty of time to preview the Forum and make posts but not enought time to do a battle turn once or twice a week! That is all it would take to be an active member again! Come on, stick your big toe in the water and take the plunge!

Respectfully,

</font id="size4"></font id="Andale Mono">

Nick Kunz<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oh, for the chance to take up arms again and march off in pursuit of glory and honor. If such a thing could be done without the spectre of my beautiful and long-suffering wife, rolling her eyes at the time wasted on a silly, unprofitable hobby.

During my all to brief career with Army of Alabama, I laid to waste dozens of foes, but I find that I'm utterly powerless against her altogether reasonable argument, that the precious few hours afforded to a man who works seven-days-a-week, would be much better spent with his adoring wife and three, impressionable children, and not hunkered over a laptop at the kitchen table.

I regret that I did not make better choices in my youth that would have provided me with a more lucrative income in my dotage; and granted me more than a modicum of leisure time. As it is, we can just about break even, if I put in three weeks of work for every two spent on the job. Luxuries require an even greater commitment of time.

I'm not complaining, mind you. Having the opportunity to provide for the welfare of my wife and children is an honor and a privilege. And if I'm obliged to set certain things aside in order to achieve that goal, then set them aside I shall, and content myself with following the daring exploits of others.

Carry On Gentlemen,

Formerly
Col. Charles S. Hayes
Copperheads Brigade
2nd Division
1st Corps
AoA