American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:43 am 

Sir,
Might one inquire which army are you in? If you haven't joined the club yet, you need to join one of the armies before you advertise for games.

Col. Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:10 am 
Sir!

No need to wait; it's a big war and there is time enough to get to Gettysburg and Chickamauga later.

Just step right up to the good Sergeant at http://pages.infinit.net/wargame/ACW_Fo ... ation.html and we can have you in a spiffy blue uniform in no time. And of course West Point will keep you playing for the next little while - no worry about lacking for gaming

Plus, as the recruiting poster says, joining the Union means real coffee AND shoes [:D]!

Major Mike Kaulbars Image
2nd "Freiheit" Brigade Image
3rd/VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:38 am 
Hey Mike - welcome to the US of A Army!

If you up'ed, then someone from West Point will be in touch shortly and through a short game or two they will check up that you know which way to point a cannon, how to tell the difference between your horse & your CO (the one in the hat is your CO [;)]), and whether you can tell blue from grey at 100 yds.

Then you will be commissioned and unleashed on the hapless <s>troops</s> Rebs, so you may want to start considering which of the fine Armies would suit your metal and temper. Once in the field you may engage as many of the foul Rebs as you like.

And whatever they tell you, the custom is for the other officers to buy you a drink when you join a unit, not the other way [;)].

3rd/VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:28 am 

I dunno, joining a unit usually comes with promotion to 1st Lieutenant (I know, Mike, you skipped that part), and so I think the new officer still owes the house his pay bump. 'Course, at a Lieutenant's rate of pay, that might go halfway around a crowded hovel.

Maj. Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
3/VIII Army of the Shenandoah
"Pennsylvania Reserves"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:41 am 
Gen Perrenod

Sorry if I was not clear, Sir. That is what I meant by "then you will comissioned" after the stint at West Point.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Maj. Gen. Matt Perrenod wrote:</i> I think the new officer still owes the house his pay bump.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sir, have we discontinued the practice of softening up the cherry with a free round and then drinking 6 months worth of his pay in a single night??? [:D] Not sure how Gen Knight will feel about that [;)].

Sir! /oo

3rd/VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:36 am 

Mike: Get your West Point games under your belt, get your commission, get your assignment and THEN start a battle with the CSA. Plenty of time.

BTW, welcome to the club. You're in for a great ride. Made for many an enjoyable evening for me.......well ok, and some less enjoyable if you get my drift.

Lt. Gen. Doug Burke
XX/AoC/USA

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]