American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:17 am 
Gents of the Blue persuasion:

I already have too many games going to begin with, but my copy of HPS Shiloh is just sitting there, never even opened up the program to play with it on my own time, much less against anyone, and it is burning a hole in my hard drive! [:D]

So while I don't have the time to jump into a 5-6 turn per week campaign at the moment, if there are any Yanks similarly handcuffed by time restraints who wouldn't mind a 1-2 turns per week campaign that could speed up down the road, then I'm yer huckleberry. (Of course, if the battle is small with fewer units, I could probably do more turns per week during those, but the bigger fights might take a few days between turns.)

All options on, full campaign Shiloh, prefer to play things as historic as possible (ie. cavalry are not tanks, unhistoric use of units for ZOC kill purposes is frowned upon, etc). But I'm also flexible. The only thing I won't do is play in the single turn based setup. Beyond that, as Cole Porter said, anything goes (almost). [:I]

So if'n there are any Blue-bellies interested in a leisurely romp about the Western theater without having the pressure of getting a file back every day or two (or three or four), send a courier to my HQ and I'll be sure that my pickets don't kill him (though I can't promise they won't take his coffee or his horse!) [;)]

Regards,
Lt. Col. Alan Lynn
3rd Battery "Jacksonville Greys"
4th Div, II Corps, AoA
God bless <><
Signal Corps, Assistant Editor
"The only true news is history."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:03 pm 

Sir, I do believe you have your "huckleberry," as that is exactly my situation.

Brig. General Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:59 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary McClellan</i>
<br />Sir, I do believe you have your "huckleberry," as that is exactly my situation.

Brig. General Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Then I can only hope that McClellan meets with equal success out West as he did in the East... [:I] [8D] [:D]

Regards,
Lt. Col. Alan Lynn
3rd Battery "Jacksonville Greys"
4th Div, II Corps, AoA
God bless <><
Signal Corps, Assistant Editor
"The only true news is history."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]