American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:52 am 

Dear Sirs,

I am requesting an Union Officer to do battle on the Field of Gettysburg using HPS Scenario Number 7, Var 1. I would prefer all rules checked except MDF and will try to do 2-3 turns a week.

best regards

Lt.Col. R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:07 am 

A dust cloud slowly rises above the horizon, just beyond the Cemitary Ridge, behind the unheard of little town of Gettysburg...
A mounted blue-clad column moves up, a staff unit in the lead. The general commanding turns to the ADC's to his left and orders in a sharp voice: "Captain, bring brigadiers Devin and Davis to me, at once!"
The two ADCs turn their mounts and gallopp to the rear, in search for the two brigadiers. The commanding general halts on a knoll besides the dusty road and surveys the landscape with his binoculars. The cavalry column comes slowly to a halt too. After just a few minutes, brigadiers Devin and Davis reports to general Buford. "I have just got word of a rebel column SW of us" says the general, still searching the landscape with his binoculars. "We will take up a screening position on the ridge below us and send out detachments in all directions to see what Johnny is up to."
The two brigadiers nodd in silence.
"Devin, you deploy your briagde along that ridge", says general Buford, poining with his left arm towards a rolling plain just beyond a building that seems to be some kind of school and which dominates the surrounding terrain. "Davis, your brigade will be supporting the left flank of Devin's brigade! I will have my command post over there, in the school building."
The two brigadiers raise their binoculars and swiftly surveys the terrain.
"Good defensive ground", brigadier Devin says."I think we can hold our own for quite some time here!" Brigadier Davis nodds and remarks slowly "Yes, at least until we can inform General Meade, so he can bring up some more reinforcements."
"Gentlemen, no time to lose! Deploy your brigades and report by couriers to me when you are deployed and have deployed skirmishers in front of your brigades!"
The two brigadiers make a sharp salute and return to their respective brigades. Soon the air is filled by clappering hooves..
"Two messengers to me!" general Bufords orders in a sharp voice. "Bring these despatches to generals Meade and Reynolds on the double!"
The ADCs gallopp off, leaving a dust cloud behind them.

The battle of Gettysburg is about to begin, deciding the fate of the Southern wish for an independent state...

Col Daley, a courier is on his way to you!

Gen Lars W
1/XIV
Army of the Cumberland
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:02 pm 

From Private Harold Cummings, 14th Tennessee serving under Brig.Gen. James Archer.

"July 1st, 1863. The Confederate Camp was quiet until early this morning when the orders came......'Prepare to march'. We were camped just outside a little town called Cashtown. Heck, last night we visited a little store owned by a northern gentleman called Cooher. We were polite and paid him in Confederate money. Everybody knew the money was worthless, that's why we only took what we needed. Word has it, we're marching towards a town called Gettysburg where there is suppose to be some Yankees.....I know some of us don't know why we are here and then some of us know exactly why we are here. I think everybody knows that we are a long way from home".

Lt.Col. R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:59 am 

The ADC's of Gen Buford's staff arrives with short intervals, reporting the smooth execution of the general's orders. Gen Buford nodds but doesn't utter a word - he knows his brigadiers and they know him as well as their profession.. No words are needed. The cavalry performs its traditional role of being the eyes and ears of the Army of the Potomac.

"Captain Anderson!" the general calls out. "What's the status of the artillery? Have they replenished their grapeshots as ordered?"
"Yes Sir! All caissons are fully stocked and we're just waiting for a target to train our guns on!" the ADC replies stoutly.
General Buford smiles briefly as he watches the confident captain. "You will probably see more action today than you have ever wanted to see." he thought for himself. And how right he was, he wouldn't know until later that day..

Gen Lars W
1/XIV
Army of the Cumberland
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:09 am 

Couriers from the cavalry brigades begin to arrive at Buford's newly established Command Post at Gettysburg.
"General Buford, Sir! Strong infantry columns are approaching from SW and from WNW! At least two divisions of infantry,
probably from two different corps." The courier salutes smartly as he delivers the writtenreports from the two brigades.
"Thank you, Captain!" the general replies. Now we will have our hands full soon, he thnks for himself. Now where are those reinforcements from
Reynold's corps....

Gen Lars W
1/XIV
Army of the Cumberland
USA

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]