American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Multiplayer Game Forming
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:39 pm 

General Hulinsky and a few of his boys wants to be taught how to soldier. Any Yank up for joining me?

Roger will add details shortly.

MG Al "Ambushed" Amos, Commanding Officer
4th "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, 1st Div, XX Corps, AoC, USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:33 pm 
I will join, I owe the good Gen. for the butt whuppins he has given me in the past. Still can't sit down.

MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Division
"Into the breach"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:05 pm 
Sir -

Add me in.

BG Bear Peluso
AoP IIc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:50 pm 
Sir -

Add me in.

BG Bear Peluso
AoP IIc

Use Bearpeluso@yahoo.com use for Email

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 am 
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your interest! <salute>

It looks like we'll be playing something from HPS Gettysburg as I believe that is the only game that Major General Amos owns. I'll have Lt Col Hebert assemble the Confederate players and send you some information shortly! His email address is: nealjhebert@yahoo.com if you want to contact him directly.

Thanks again,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:45 am 

General Amos <salute>

Sir, my compliments! We would be honored to meet your forces at Gettysburg. We currently have the following officers mobilizing:

Maj Gen David Peek (3rd Bde, 2nd Div, I Corps, AotM)
Brig Gen Tim Reneau (1st Bde, 2nd Div, I Corps, AotM)
Lt Col Nick DeStefano (Cdr, IV Corps, AotM)
Lt Col Neal Hebert (Cdr, 2nd Div, I Corps, AotM)

I am currently awaiting word on whether General Hulinsky (Cdr, AotM) will accompany us in the field.

We are (and have been) interested in finding a Yankee force willing to engage in the "Struggle" scenario, which was designed for a tournament some time back. It is 200 turns in length with a non-historic order of battle. The Yankee forces number approximately 114,000 troops, opposed by approximately 104,000 Confederate soldiers. There are no objective hexes to be won/lost and a virtual mountain of ammunition for both forces. I believe General Groce is familiar with the scenario. We are open to negotiations if this scenario proves to be too equal.

My regards sir!

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:52 am 
Yes, the struggle is excellent for a 4 on 4 match. I like no objectives, just blood and guts(preferably reb).

MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Division
"Into the breach"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 am 
Yes, the struggle is excellent for a 4 on 4 match. I like no objectives, just blood and guts(preferably reb).

MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Division
"Into the breach"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:58 pm 

Although the "Struggle" is an impressive scenario there are alternatives. I'll keep you posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:58 am 

If an extra reb is needed, let me know.

Where can one get their hands on this "Struggle" scenario. I'd like to have a look at that.

BG Mark Vaccaro
1/4/II/AoG/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:42 am 

General Vaccaro <salute>

Sir, my compliments! Send a rider over to nealjhebert@yahoo.com and I will send it to you a little later today.

My regards,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:28 pm 

General Amos <salute>

Sir, my compliments!

As the "struggle" scenario is a bit too "impressive" for the Yankee command to contemplate, Lt Col DeStefano had previously expressed an interest in even fighting the Gettysburg Campaign. General Reneau is game for whatever is agreed upon, as is General Peek I am sure. We are researching alternatives.

Bottom line is bring your forces to the field and let nature take its course. We stand ready to engage.

My regards,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:58 am 

MPGs don't have to be huge lifetime commitments. Struggle isn't too impressive for me, it will just take too much of our real life time to play out, and has a very high chance of falling apart due to its size. I'd like to suggest something more reasonable to work with.

I have made a scenario called the 'Battle of Littlestown'. (16 turns)

3:00 p.m. June 12th, 1863 - *Hypothetical* Nearly identical forces.
Some small arms range difference amongst the cavalry, a few leader
variences, and the Rebel artillery has better quality (recommend
"DO NOT" use the "Quality Fire Modifiers" Optional Rule.) Each
infantryman and cavalryman is worth 1 VP, each cannon is worth
25 VPs. Supply Points are worth zero VPs. The Union holds Littlestown
to start and each hex of the town is worth 5 VPs. A Minor Win
represents 15% of an army's strength, while a Major Win represents
30%. Since the battle starts late in the day, all combat units
begin with 350 Fatigue Points (recommend you "DO" use the "Higher
Fatigue Recovery Rates" Optional Rule.)

Each army has 4 brigades: 3 of infantry, and 1 of cavalry. They each have 18 guns in support, in 9 sections. Each army has an identical number of infantry units. All infantry units are armed the same, and of the same quality: C. Each infantry unit has a 'mate' of the same size in the other army. Each army has an identical number of cavalry units, as well. There are 4, and they are all 100 men strong. 3 are B quality, and 1 is C quality. The brigade and division commanders are fairly equal. The artillery is comprised of 3 3" rifle armed sections (6 guns with 21 hex range), and 6 Napoleon armed sections 12 guns with 13 hex range.) All troops start on the map. The battle starts at 3pm and ends at 8pm, giving players 4 hours of daylight (12 turns), 1 hour of dusk (3 turns), and 1 turn of night (to tidy up.) The town of Littlestown is twelve hexes, and each is worth 5 VPs for a total of 60 VPs. It begins in Union hands, and is in the center of the map. I have set the Minor Win level at 15% of an army's strength, and the Major Win at 30%. The Union is the first army, therefore setting the levels as: -1,440; -690; 750; and 1,500. The game starts at 60 DRAW.

I have place the zip file containing the scenario and map file at the GameSquad. In thier download section under HPS/American Civil War/Scenarios. Hopefully, this link will take you there directly.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.p ... le&id=2122

I propose a mpg could be played with one player commanding the cavalry, reserve artillery battery, and divisional CO, and 3 other players each commanding a bde of inf. Of course this can be modified. I hope this scenario will challenge player's tactical, and operational skills, and not thier human endurance. [;)]

Of course it would be good as a one-on-one, two-on-two, three-on-three, or even a five-on-five if one person played just as the divisional CO, directing the others, and not moving units. The OPTIONAL MELEE at the end of the turn could be used with this one without too much difficulty, as well. (I think.) It could even be good for tournament play.

BTW, plenty of arty ammo for each army: 576.

I recommend NOT using the Opional Rule "Quality Fire Modifiers" as I could only find B quality CSA arty, and C quality USA arty.

I recommed Do use the Optional Rule "Higher Fatigue Recover Rates" as all combat units start with 350 Fatigue Points, to reflect any marching, etc they've been doing prior to the 3pm start time.

So that's my idea, let's not waste weeks of wandering about with thousands of troops only to have player after player drop out. Let's see how good each of can actually fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:28 pm 

General Amos <salute>

Sir, riders have been sent out with our proposal however have not yet returned. Commands have been assigned along with orders for each, however the Yankees seem to be absent. We stand by to be taught "how to solder" [:D]

my regards,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:08 pm 
I sent a rider proposing we go with Rogers scenario suggestion from 5am to 8pm, no answer recieved yet.

MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Division
"Into the breach"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next