American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:02 am 

Thanks Ross. I like 3 and 4 but I think I have to go with Gary on this....#1 is my grudging vote...

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:19 am 

I like 3,4,5 and 6.

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:29 am 
My choices (revised) would be 3,4,5, and 6. <font color="yellow">My commentary in yellow</font id="yellow">
<font color="yellow">That seems obvious to me. Even if supply wagons are empty, cannon limbers would still have loads at various levels and the players would not be set free to disregard all enemy cannons army wide. Still, I don't like random low/out of ammo.</font id="yellow">
3. Basic Loads: All ranged fire units should be assigned with a basic load and subject to run low/<u>out of ammo</u> to be resupplied from wagons.
<font color="yellow">That is reality.</font id="yellow">
4. Ammo resupply should be under player control as in artillery fire. Left click on supply unit and right click on the target unit.
<font color="yellow">That would be an improvement and allow players to better manage resupply.</font id="yellow">
5. Ammo resupply should be under player control as in melee. Drag various low supply wagons to the target unit and then resupply simultaneously with a button assignment, lowest amount wagons will be consumed first.
<font color="yellow">That would be best, but both options 5 and 4 available would be optimal. </font id="yellow">

6. Have a toggle for playing supply as is, or a possible switch to increased complexity to a single choice from 2, 3, 4, or 5.
<font color="yellow">I sympathize with players who want to keep it simple, while a toggle with options 2,3,4, and 5 made available to those who want more player control would satisfy both player types. I predict that were the additional options available, 80%+ would be playing them within a month. </font id="yellow">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Would like to see some way of monitoring the ammo supply. I mean having troops circle opponent come up from behind and fire one volley and become low on ammo !! Who would send troops on such a mission with one bullet? -Col Alvin Baker
<font color="yellow">Actually, one phase of firing represents 20 minutes and perhaps 40 rounds, probably less, of ammo fired. With crack/elite troops stationary, it might be more.
Moving troops who fire at half strength should be consuming less ammo.
(Arghh!!! This can get complicated so quickly!)[:D]
Other comparable games with ranged fire units which have basic loads have an indicator bar for real time play. It would be nice to have the ability to resupply low ammo units while costing the supply wagon a lesser amount than a full load. </font id="yellow"> <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Meanwhile, with 16 voting responders at this point and ability to choose more than one option, the tally reads:

1. Keep the present system as is, with random low/out of ammo for small arms units: 4
2. Artillery would also run out of supply randomly: 0- No one has chosen this one.
3. Artillery and small arms units would have basic loads and run out automatically with continuous firing: 11
4. Player managed resupply programmed as with assigning artillery: 9
5. Player managed resupply programmed as with assigning melees: 8
6. Toggles to allow original system and an option for player resupply management: 11

Several who prefer to keep playing the original system voted that to have the options as a toggle would be okay with them. I consider that generous as I expect that it would shortly become more difficult for them to find opponents who prefer the present/original system.

I really like the freedom of having choices! [:p][:D]

BG Ross McDaniel
2nd Bde, 3rd Div, III Corps, AoG, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:02 am 
I find it interesting in that 7 of 16 voted for including all of 3,4,5, and 6.
That would give maximum flexibility of play within the choices presented.
If you add those that named 6 as one of their choices but did not include all of 3,4, and 5, the count goes to 11 that voted for an optional toggle being available.
I suspect that there would be several or all of the 4 that voted for #1 or <u>#3 only</u> to keep the supply system, as is, would not object to others having the options 3,4, & 5 for their play. [;)][8D]

BG Ross McDaniel
2nd Bde, 3rd Div, III Corps, AoG, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 am 

Arriving a little late on this one but I would vote for
3 - 4 or 5 and 6.

<font color="yellow"> Colonel John Sheffield,</font id="yellow">
1st Brigade <b><font color="red">[Fighting First]</font id="red"></b>
2nd Division,
XXIII Corps
<font color="orange">Army of the Ohio.</font id="orange">
<font color="red">U.</font id="red"><font color="white">S.</font id="white"><font color="blue">A.</font id="blue">