American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:00 pm 

My first training battle with Lt. Col. Ashdoll Ren has nearly ended now. Scenario was Oak Hill Historical.

In the beginning i was confidently advancing and able to seize the high ground near M.McLean. Brought my artillery up there and could fire some good rounds in the Yankee Lines. On both flanks were some smaller skirmishes, nothing that worried me. Had lined up my troops near the central high ground and wanted to push to Mummasburg Road in the next step.

But suddenly on my right flank masses of Union Troops appear out of nowhere, suprising my thinly manned defending line. Shots were fired, my Southeners fell left and right. The survivors retreat in chaos, only to realise that also the way back was cut off by Union Troops. Panic spread through the ranks and soon my whole front line was in collapse.

So not suprisingly my training battle ended in a defeat for me. But my instructor Lt. Col. Ashdoll Ren teached me the importance of consequent flank protection and to always keep a valid reserve to react on the unexpected. Iam sure a valuable lesson before getting first contact with the real enemy.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:49 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
Cadet Spangler! <salute>

Martin, very nice report and match with your Instructor! Flank protection is very basic yet often overlooked.

There is still much to learn while you take the field against these newbie Yank opponents but keep up your reading at the VMI advanced training!

I will be looking for a Yank to be paired for your match in the Lt's Cup!

Nice job posting at the DoR!

Respectfully,

Your Obedient Servant,

General Nick Kunz
Commandant, VMI

Profile Send private message  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]