Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: OSG Opponent
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:46 pm 
I live in Charleston SC and am looking for someone interested in playing Kevin Zucker's games. These games are listed on the internet under Operational Studies Group.

GdB Francois-Etienne Kellermann
3rd Cavalry Corps
La Grande Armee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:22 pm 

Great games. I have three of them. Italy, 1806 and 1807. Wish we lived closer to each other (Boise, ID).

Would you be interested in a ADC2 game of one of these or perhaps if they have a Cyberbox version of the games ...

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:52 pm 
I am not sure what a ADC2 game is ... or what a cyberbox version is ...

I emailed Kevin Zucker. I do not think they have anything on computers.

I am interested ... but need an explanation.

3rd Cavalry Corps
La Grande Armee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:15 pm 

ADC2 means Aide de Camp 2 - a product that HPS sells. Using modules that you find on the internet or buy you play the game with all of the units on a computer screen. No - its not a 'game' per se in that it is like a HPS game - it does do dice rolls though.

You use the sequence of play in the game and after each side does their part they send the file back to each other.

I like it in that there are no pieces on a map to get knocked over.

Both players need to be a bit patient though - it takes longer to do a game turn this way than for a normal face to face game BUT for those of us that dont have time or opponents in our area to play these games its nice.

I played GMT's Thirty Years War using a Cyberbox (its free via the internet - just ask me and I will send you a ULR or you can look it up on Google). My opponent and I had a great time. Its really fun and you can take MORE time to learn the game than you would face to face where you are apt to forget rules.

I have ALOT of the GMT games so if you ever want to play one of those let me know. I would have to seek out the module for the OSG game. I am sure that there is one made up but would want to check first.

ADC2 is 50 bucks or more - see the HPS site. Maybe you could get it from Rich as part of a 2 for 3 deal. I also might have a spare copy hanging around too! Rich sent me one to hand out. None of my old buddies wants to play via computer (used to play face to face with them alot - they dont want to fight via computer).

Cyberbox is not as nice to look at but the price is right.

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:47 pm 
Dear sir:

I'll give it a try but I have lots of questions. Many of these questions are due to my computer semi-illiteracy.

Do we scan the board in?
Does the computer keep track of units in supply or out of supply and units within command range or out of command range?
Can we substitue vedettes for calvary as in the OSG games?

Those are only a few questions of the many I have. We might not be able to start until January. I will begin to work with ADC2 prior to then, but I do have two weeks of vacation starting dec 26, and I will be out of touch during that time.

3rd Cavalry Corps
La Grande Armee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:41 am 

I dont have the module and dont know how extensive the module would track all of that. It does track movement point usage from what I remember. The main thing it does is allow you to not have to use the map and pieces. After that whatever it gives is a bonus.

If you would like look over at this location at HPS site and see how the modules look:

http://209.216.35.195/

I dont see a OSG link thus I looked elsewhere for ADC2 modules for 1806 and other OSG games but couldnt find a module for either ADC2 or Cyberboard (another computer program that allows you to play boardgames via the computer).

If I find something I will let you know.

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:03 am 
I am a long time player of Kevin zucker games at operational level. I own NAB, BII, 1807, empereur returns, 1809, HTTK, struggle of nations, Sun of austerlitz, 1792. I generally use cyberboard to play them. If you need an opponent, I am available
daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:42 pm 

Daniel - could you send me the ULR to where I can get the Cyberboard OSG modules? I cant find them on the net. I have the games listed in my earlier post - 1806, 1807 and the Italian game. Would love to play you some time in the future when I am not at a lack for time.

Oberst-Lt Wilhelm Peters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:58 am 
Bill, Jeffrey
Modules are available using following links
Napoleon at bay, struggle of nations and sun of Austerlitz : http://www.sweetkiss.net/~sk006/wzc/Eng ... all.html#n (war zone C)
Concerning Struggle, I have made modifications allowing to play on only one hex per force and not two as in original game
Valmy 1792 : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/cyberboard/Modules.htm
It’s a game edited in 1992 for bicentenary of this battle with permission of kevin but it covers the whole campaign of Brunswick
I own following modules :
Bonaparte in italy (475 ko) and first version of the game too (245 ko)
1809 made by Monte Bohna (1248 ko)
empereur returns (267 ko)
1807 (2640 ko)
I have not built HTTK but it’s a matter of time and priorities

These modules have been modified as improvments were found, for instance vedette rules. And they can be improved again. More important is to play with the same module
I think maps I have done are not bad but my idea is now to rebuild some of these modules with scanned maps because they are more beautiful. But doing this, because of copyright, I cannot put modules on webpages and can only send them individually to people who ask for.

Bill, I can send you modules which don’t have links. I think I have your adress. I am referee/player for multiplayer Eckmuhl I am doing with rich White. I think you are austrian corps commander. I am more interested by operational problems than for tactical ones and I like this experience

And when you are free to play one of these games, we can start
daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:29 pm 
Bill

I am defintely a go for this, but I cannot start until the middle of January. I will be gone for two weeks after Christmas, returning on the 9th.

I apologize for the delay, but it just happens to be that time of year.

Merry Christmas

3rd Cavalry Corps
La Grande Armee