Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:48 pm 

Guys,

Good news: I am done with the majority of the work for my next Napoleonic title. The Playtesters will have all of the files by the weekend and will commence the final checking of the work. We have been at it for over 2 years (Paco, Ken, Bill, Jeff, Gary mainly). I poured my life into this one for sure. You will get over 45 maps, with one of them being larger than anything I have ever done before. Several of the other maps are of the 200 x 200 size as well. Tons of scenarios and four campaign files (might do a fifth-smallish campaign but not certain). I cannot hint at release dates as I dont even know them. I can say that the game will come out in 2006. And probably sooner than Fall. But no more than that.

Bad news: I went through Phase I - retire from clubs in September. Phase II is to drop from the message boards. I started Phase II this week - I only post this note to let you know where things stand. If you have a question for me please send it via email. I will leave my profile up here so you can get in touch with me. Once the game is released I basically will work for John for one more year in maintenance mode and then drop from the scene. I am on a course that will take me completely out of gaming for the most part. An occaisional game with an old friend perhaps but no more public postings. Paco and Gary are doing such a great job of representing me that I dont even feel capable of adding anything to it.

I welcome your emails but if I dont respond in a timely manner please understand. And as always if you have a problem with a HPS product you should go through the HPS support email first.

The Help file - Designer's Notes - should answer most of the questions about why I did things in the game. I will have a series of FAQs that should answer your questions. If not send it to the HPS support email and Rich can pass it along. If you want to dialog with me about the game engine dont expect a response. I dont even have time to talk game engine with my own Playtesters anymore. I am not burned out on the topic - I just dont have time for it. Rich and John are the best sources for these questions and can answer any questions you have. If its history or why I did something send it via Rich and I will answer it. If its a gripe - well dont expect an answer. I dont have time to get into griping sessions. If you find an error in a scenario let us know. I will try to fix it right away for the next patch.

This is my last game for John. This is not a negative thing on him or HPS. I am just at the crossroads in life and game design is far too time consuming. I am working with an addiction recovery ministry, bring a member to church with me every week to this ministry in our church. I also am trying to finish my Bacherlor's degree and am working in our jail ministry, administering our correspondance school, pastor's school list, ministry travel, etc. Thus a good is being replaced by a better good. I have wanted to get into full time ministry work for many years. I dont dare pass up on the opportunity at age 45.

Note: No, I cant do what Gary M. does - paster three churches and also do gaming. I am not built that way. Yes, a game or two with Paco or Gary but not clubs or game design too. Wargaming is by far too much of a distraction to the ministry for me. I praise Gary for being able to do it but for me I need to get my rear end out of this seat and out into the fresh air more. I have a sciatic nerve problem and am getting issues with carpal tunnel syndrom as well. Not to mention what it does for my ear issues. As much as I can stay away from the PC the better.

I will always remember you guys with fondness and be able to block out the arguments. You are a great group of guys and I have learned much from you.

Carry on the tradition gentlemen! [^]

Bill Peters
HPS Napoleonic Scenario Designer (Eckmuhl, Wagram)

[url="http://www.fireandmelee.net"]Fire and Melee Wargame site[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:20 pm 

Sob.[:p]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
GdD,1e Brig,1eme Div,VI Corps,AdR
President, Colonial Campaign Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:02 am 

Looking forward to that game. Best wishes for your studies and church activities Bill[:)]

<center>[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/Napoleonic/nap.htm"]Lieutenant Colonel Antony Barlow[/url]
~ [url="http://www.geocities.com/anglo_allied_army_stats/Anglo_Allied_Army_Cavalry_Corps.htm"]2nd British (Union) Brigade, Anglo-Allied Cavalry Corps[/url] ~
~ [url="http://www.geocities.com/militaireacademie/dragoons.html"]4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards[/url] ~
Image</center>