Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Moderators
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:20 pm 

Gents
Just noticed the sudden changes in "moderators" on most of The Boards
What happened to Pierre who I consider was the only independent name we had, also seems a bit odd that he was good enough to run the election but not be a moderator[?]

Field Marshal Sir "Lucky" Jim (K.G.)
Commander
Divisie Nederlandsche Kavallerie, 1st. Corps
Allied/Dutch Army
"And let my sword not sleep in my hand"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:51 am 

Just noticed this... What gives ?

Monsieur le Marechal John Corbin
Chief of Staff
La Grande Armee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:05 am 
Let's see....

Maybe he decided to retire from that duty. I've heard of others stepping down from long held positions for personal reasons. [:D]

Colonel Al Amos
1er Dragoons
AdN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:43 am 

Gents
As both Ian and Tony have totally retired they should be removed too, as you are unlikley to be an effective moderator if you never read the Board[;)]

Commander
Allied/Dutch Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:07 am 
Hi Jim,

I voluntarily took myself off, tired of seeing my name there, been awhile actually, as I am sure others are tired of seeing it. I removed you, since it was for the election period and added Bill since he is the new honcho. My own initiative. I thought it was a good time to re-organize it and indicates that I have no problem with removing myself from that duty. I was the only moderator because nobody else mentioned that they wanted to be or received any instructions to change.

I think additinal moderators would be a good idea and await further instructions to update the boards. I can add or delete as directed. No problem for me to continue either.

Lt. Pierre D.
AdR

Board Admin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:48 am 

Hi Pierre
That explains it[:D]
Something for the Cabinet me thinks, but I for one would like to see an independent such as yourself included.
Again what ever happens thanks for all your work as moderator and as Election Officer

Commander
Allied/Dutch Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:10 pm 

Jim - Here is what happened:

1. I was sent an email by Pierre that I was now a Moderator. I had never asked to be a Moderator and really didnt want this task but it goes with being Club President.

2. Pierre took himself off of the Moderator list. Why? Hey, maybe he got sick of doing it.

3. Why you were taken off I dont know. I also dont know why Stuart Wilson and Jeff Bardon weren't added either.

4. All Cabinet members should be Moderators on the main forum. The more the merrier. Its a task that should be shared and not put in one person's hands.

5. I am sure that my name being the lone Moderator reeks of a palace revolt. Its not right for me to be the main guy. Its makes the members mad and it just looks bad too. One guy doth not make a majority here.

Pierre can back up points #1 and #2 in case anyone says its not true.

I deleted a reply tonite by a member that had to do with an encounter by a man with a hooker who gave him oral sex. Whoever is Moderator should not put up with such filth. This board is for wargaming. Its not a sex site.

If folks dont like my decision to do that then tough. There are some things that are universally unaccepatable in a club like ours. Oral sex has no place here.

Posts by guys like Al Amos and others about the penguins were not in poor taste. However, this other member's post lacks any kind of decency and had no place being here.

I wont delete posts that attack my person or place in the club. Deleting this post tonite didnt need approval by the entire Cabinet.

I have sent Pierre an email to add Stuart and Jeff to the list. If neither want to be a Moderator then the CoAs and CinC (French) need to nominate someone that will serve with me.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/burr/Austrian%20Army/Bill_Peters.htm"]Officer Battle Dossier[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:42 pm 

Bill
Thanks for that, I agree that the more the merrier within limits of course [:D]

Commander
Allied/Dutch Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:13 am 
I should not have left Bill alone as moderator. My mistake. He doesn't realy want to do it as probably many of you are not interested. It is not an easy task as you may all seem to think. I found it very difficult to keep it suitable for all the age groups that visit, to keep it positive and inviting without subjecting it to my personal likes and dislikes. I primarily counted on the membership to let me know when a topic was out of line. It worked fairly well albeit the response was delayed.

I added myself and the other serving Cabinet members. If there is a problem let me know gents.

Lt. Pierre D.
AdR

Board Admin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:41 am 

A big thanks Pierre.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/burr/Austrian%20Army/Bill_Peters.htm"]Officer Battle Dossier[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:48 am 

How can the (so-calledd) president of the club be at the same time
president
AND moderator
- "will he use his power to silence opposition ?"
- "certainly"

yours
stephane
austrian dissident

Austrian Army
6th husaren Blankenstein
finally figured out how to have the signature inserted in the post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:14 am 

We must remember that President Bill Peters also makes money from the very game that our club has adopted. <font color="orange">There is nothing wrong with that</font id="orange">, but with the dawn rising for other (possibly better) games for our club to also adopt, what will his role be? As President <u>and</u> moderator he could have profound affects upon any efforts to include these other games.

Shouldn't that <font color="orange">conflict of interest</font id="orange"> exclude him from having any role other than his personal vote (at that time) as a club member?

<center>Chef de Bataillon Rick Motko
1er Bataillon, 33° Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
2eme Brigade, 11eme division
IIIe corps, Armée du Nord</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:22 pm 
Stephane,

Stop being rude DAMNIT!

You ran for the office and lost, get over it. You would not like others calling you (so-called), so STOP IT!

This is a club for our HOBBY, there is no CONFLICT of interests that should be considered. Grow up people!

Colonel Al Amos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:40 pm 

Thanks Al.

I want to make it clear guys. I am FOR the DoubleShot Design game being added if you guys like it. Its YOUR club. Quit painting me as the HPS President.

For what its worth I was asked by Tim to work on his game. He can verify this.

At first I was interested and then I backed out. Why? Because how could I work on a game for Mr. Tiller, give him my best and then turn around and work for the competition? There would be conflict of interest invovled. I would find it VERY hard to not want to incorporate something that Tim has into the HPS engine. I am being honest - it would be very difficult for me to work for two companies at the same time. That is why I turned down his gracious offer. That and time constraints. I would have loved to work on the new game.

Now guys - when the new Doubleshot game or any other grand tactical Nappy game comes out and you guys love it I will listen and just do the rubber stamp thing and it will be part of the club. Well, according to the Cabinet vote of course. If the other guys hate the idea then that is different. But I wont be the obstacle to seeing the club branch out a bit.

To my record I did the same thing in the Panzer club. We added in some games that I felt were going to help us out. Uncommon Valor, etc. Others added in some of the old Talonsoft air battle games. Etc.

I took down my campaign speech but in it I am clear about how I will approve any new games that you guys want - of course we would like to hear that more than just 2 people are actively playing it. We are going to commit club suicide if we just limit you guys to HPS/Talonsoft. You will go elsewhere to play the games.

I am not mad about your comments but for the other guys that might feel the same way - please dont.

I also have a standing offer to Stuart, Jeff and the two new guys that will take Cabinet office - if they feel that I should stay out of a vote because they feel that it would be conflict of interest then just let me know. I will abstain.

This happens all the time in clubs guys. Its not new here. We get guys in other clubs that abstain from the vote.

But since I am for the new games then there is NO conflict of interest. If there is any conflict of interest it lies soley in your imaginations.

As for being a Moderator - hey, telling my fellow Cabinet members to do the job for me sounds kind of lame if you ask me. I wont ask them to do anything that I cant do myself.

And now that I have helpers I will be taking any matters about posts to them. I wont ask them to delete a post that we mutually feel should be deleted but I wont ask them to do the dirty work either.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:20 pm 

Just curious whose the two replacements??

<center>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com"]<b>General der Infanterie Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Kommandeur
3. Infanterie-Brigade and Aide-du-Camp
I. Armee Korps
Heer am Niederrhein
[url="http://www.prussianarmy.com"]Preußische Armee[/url]

Kommandeur
Garde-Artillerie
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/NWC/Prussia/Garde.htm"]Preußische Armee Garde-Brigade[/url]

Prinz von Saxe-Weimar
(Prince of Saxe-Weimar)
</center>