Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Prussia and Bill Peters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:54 am 

After the last retiring of Bill Peters our King is tired now from him and have send the following order to all Prussian forces.

"No Prussian officer is allowed to cross the sword with him if he returning ... we are sure he will. No battles, no tournaments, no maneuvers. NOTHING."

<font color="gold">Feldmarshall
Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt
CoA Armee des Niederrhein</font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:11 am 

Sir,

I cannot speak for the Austrian Army at this time but just as a long time member of this club in good standing...

Well said.

Feldmarschalleutnant Philip Graf Roubaud
Kommandant
Vienna Militärakademie
Imperial Armee of Austria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:36 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Philbert</i>
<br />Sir,

I cannot speak for the Austrian Army at this time but just as a long time member of this club in good standing...

Well said.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mssrs.,

As an even longer-term member, IMHO you should be ashamed of yourselves for lambasting Bill[:(!]!!

I have a hard time thinking of anyone besides John Tiller that has done as much to expand our gaming repertoire and improve the game engine. Bill continues to support enhancements to Eckmuhl & Wagram long after he stopped being paid to do so. He founded BOTH the Prussian and the Austrian Armies which now, apparently, wish to turn their backs on him. And ever since his election, there have been a steady stream of needless, snide remarks.[:(]

Bill is, perhaps, a trifle thin-skinned, but it would take a rhinoceros to put up with all the insults that have been posted to date!

Paco

<i>Maréchal</i> M. Francisco Palomo
<i>Comte de Marseille
Duc d'Abrantes
Commandant - Division de Cavalerie de la Vieille Garde
AdC - Ieré Corps de Armee</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:40 pm 

As one of the more long-term members of the Austrian Army-3 1/3 years now, I would not "order" anyone not to play Bill. We all know his trends and it is a simple choice. He isnot the only member who comes and goes and comes and goes, merely the most vocal.

I agree with Paco, Bill does a lot to advance our hobby and we should hold no grudges.

FML Jim Pfluecke
Austrian Army
Commander, Cavalry Corps

Austrian Kavalry Reserve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:06 pm 

It goes without saying that this is an emotional issue, as well as a difficult one.

Not only has Bill done a great deal for this club and the hobby, but he is also a friend to many of us. I've worked with him, both with the Austrian Army, as well as on playtests, and consider him a friend.

That said, I can equally understand the frustration that many are showing after these events. I can say with all honesty that his tenure in the club has been checkered at times, and this is not the first incident.

However, I think that we will all be better served to move forward with the club from this point. Yes, he has resigned from the club, and his commission in the Austrian Army. Yes, some may well be upset or angry, or even feel betrayed, but it doesn't help the club as a whole to vent our spleen here on this board.

The useful question at this point is not about Bill in the least, but where does the club go from here. There is no real gain to be found in personal attacks or recriminations.

I remind the officers of the Austrian Army that we are not only officers, but also gentlemen.

We have a club cabinet, and I trust them to deal with these issues, and any that come up afterwards, and that is the proper place for dealing with these issues, not on an open forum.

FZM Freiherr Gary McClellan
Generalissimus
Imperial Austrian Army
Portner Grenadier Battallion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:48 pm 

<b>He founded BOTH the Prussian and the Austrian Armies which now, apparently, wish to turn their backs on him. </b>

I made it clear that I was speaking for <i>myself</i>. <i>Generallismus </i>McClellan has spoken for the Imperial Armee of Austria and as a good and loyal soldier, I respect his his opinion and will follow whatever orders he issues me, whether I personally agree with them or not.

As for the Prussians...they can speak (and have) for themselves.

Feldmarschalleutnant Philip Graf Roubaud
Kommandant
Vienna Militärakademie
Imperial Armee of Austria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:38 pm 

Paco,
I know that Bill have done a lot for the HPS games and something too for the club. But this is not the first time that he retired. His biggest wish was to be president of the NWC. Now, ONLY A FEW DAYS after his election he retired without any note. This must have consequences. I guess no one else will do it but me, as CoA of the Prussian forces do it!

<font color="gold">Feldmarshall
Stefan Ritter von Reuter
Großfürst von Wahlstadt
CoA Armee des Niederrhein</font id="gold">