Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:13 pm 

I have been persuaded by a couple of folks to put something in writing to explain my resignation and to help all of you understand why I made the choice I made.

First, I am NOT offended at anyone on this forum and to prove that my skin IS as thick as an armadillo's I NEVER replied to negative posts made about me both DURING and AFTER the election. I made this plain to Paco and others in email. While watching such ridiculous comments made about me or comparisons to Chairman Mao (!!!) I never took them personally and you cannot find any reply I made during the time periods mentioned above.

Second, my time has become serverly limited. My classes will take more time than I thought. I also have a two game commitment to John Tiller. These come first. Once I REALLY thought over the club concept and remembered what Al Amos had written about it I believe that my decision will not be one that I regret. While putting Wagram together I was not in a club. I really enjoyed that time period. I did play games. I enjoyed playing those games and remember some of them very well.

Third, your time is not limitless either. Its my hope that by my example of not responding to some of you that have said things about me that you will review your current lot in life and realize that no matter whether someone does something that hurts us whether intentionally or not that we should not reply in kind.

Fourth, if you want to have a good club then give someone the chance to fully explain their point. I have seen alot of head stomping here where someone tried to explain their point but never got a chance. Sheesh, I was even one of the head stompers. Thus I know I am human. I am wondering if some of the other head stompers out there realize that they are human too. In the last year I tried to not wave the flag and proclaim the innocence of my country realizing that we have an international club. Posts about Germany, France, Italy, etc need to be made with this in mind.

Fifth, consistency. I have left clubs and rejoined them, climbed the ranks several times and then left. And now resign. To some I am your arch enemy. To others you are understanding. I have never seen a rule that says you cant rejoin a club and should be regarded as anathema if you suddenly leave. And for a worthy reason at that. Thus I am leaving not because I was kicked out (been there in another club), neither and I leaving over any comments made about me. I am simply looking at life, remembering my time when I worked on Wagram and want to return to that.

Sixth, coming back. Nope. Some of you will be skeptical and yes, in the future the 'itch' will be there to do it but by then I will be finished with school and on into working for a pastor or perhaps pastoring like Gary. Unlike Gary I cannot be part of a club and devote my time to people for which I admire Gary as I am not built that way. As most of you have seen (for good or bad) I tend to be focused. When I get going on building maps I put five or six together or huge ones (like the ones I have done for one of my games) and when I get into a fight on the boards I dont let up (in the past mainly but it can still apply here if I am not careful).

Thus in closing - my friends were right in that I should make something public about why I was leaving and I look fondly on this club and the others because of you guys that I have played for many years and for those that have gone before some of you.

And no, I didnt delete the note about my resignation but please, before you knock off more heads - just let it happen, go do a game file, sip on a lemonade and just forget it. When compared to the New Orleans situation its really not worth wetting your diaper over. Just let it go. That much I have learned from Paco and others.

I am not for clubs like this anymore but that is beside the point. I am for enjoying games and as long as you keep that your primary goal along with cultivating friends you will do well.

If you worry about whether your OBD has been updated or if you have gotten your way you will lose.

Keep the place clean - I was once a teenager in a game club. The guys talked on a professional level and for that I am most grateful. Just because the standard has fallen dont you be the one to drag the flag in the mud. My teenage years were very difficult. I looked forward to going to my game club above everything in life at the time. It was a rock that I needed after the divorce of my parents. There are young guys out there that need a good example. Be one.

Stay in touch guys. Brad and some others have asked for a game and I am still into playing games.

Any rumors about me coming back will be just that. Rumors.

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/burr/Austrian%20Army/Bill_Peters.htm"]Officer Battle Dossier[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:05 pm 

I'm not going to stand in judgement. Stuff happens. Things change. Life goes on... Good luck to you Bill. Looking forward to your new games.

<center>Major Antony Barlow
~ 2nd British (Union) Brigade, Anglo-Allied Cavalry Corps ~
~ 4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards ~
Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:52 pm 

Bill,
as written in that "ghost topic", it's your choice ([:(] I voted for you)

<u>I speek in my own name </u>: I think what has provocate such stuff is :
- The annoucement in a topic that has been deleted (I disapprove this deletion[V])
- The fact that you do not annoucned it yourself letting us without any explanation (until now).
- Your resignation after about 2 weeks after your election[V]

I can't judge (who am I to do it ?) : you have your reasons explained above. Once again it's your choice

So all my best for the future. Maybe one day ...

<font color="orange">1e Luitenant Valère Bernard </font id="orange">
<font color="red">Anglo-Allied Administrative Adjutant</font id="red">
<font color="orange">Divisie Nederlandsche Kavallerie
I Corps
Anglo-Allied Army
</font id="orange">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:27 am 

Thanks for the post Bill. Good luck in what you do.

As I said in the other topic (and it's not personal), people voted for you knowing that there was a good chance that this would happen. There's simply no justification for all the whinging and personal attacks that have been made recently. Let's get on with it. Who came second in the initial vote?

So Bill, we'll see you in a few months then. [;)][:)]

<font color="orange">Luitenant-colonel Peter Robinson
Commander I Corps
[url="http://www.geocities.com/militaireacademie"]Koninklijke Militaire Academie[/url] Adjutant
3rd (Prince of Wales's) Dragoon Guards</font id="orange">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:24 am 

Bill

Thanks for explanations. I have nothing to add here.

All the best for you

Yann
(general de division Lamezec, ... etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:18 am 
Thanks Bill for the public statement. Concentrate on the new games so that we can great ones.

Lt. Pierre D.
AdR

Board Admin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:43 am 

Bill
Best of luck in what ever you take on in the future.
HPS is in your blood so dont forget where we are, the door is never locked [8D]

Field Marshal Sir "Lucky" Jim (K.G.)
Commander 2nd. Corps
Allied/Dutch Army
"And let my sword not sleep in my hand"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:13 am 
"the door is never locked"

...and don't forget the doggie-door in the back, if the front door is locked. [;)][:p] hehehe....

Colonel Al Amos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:34 am 

Bill, thanks for all your help and good work. Gentlmen, everyone has their faults but Bill would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Bill your OK in my book.

Ed[;)]

Major Ed Blackburn
Commanding 6th Div, II Corps, AAA
3rd Bn / 1st Regiment of Foot Guards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:56 pm 

Take it easy, Bill. I'll get in touch with you about a game as things loosen up on my end.

Sous-Lt. Brad Slepetz
L'Armee du Nord

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:12 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Al Amos</i>
<br />"the door is never locked"

...and don't forget the doggie-door in the back, if the front door is locked. [;)][:p] hehehe....

Colonel Al Amos

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hehe! Thanks Al. Keep some kibbles in the dish for me too!

Oberst Wilhelm Peters
2nd Kuirassiers, Reserve Korps, Austrian Army
[url="http://www.acwgc.org/acwgc_members/burr/Austrian%20Army/Bill_Peters.htm"]Officer Battle Dossier[/url]