Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:48 am 

..............how do you prevent "accidental" panzer tactics?

Some like to use a voluntary phased method of playing when Manual Defensive Fire is not selected in PBEM games. (ie. move all units including charges, fire all units, melee all units, etc...) They make great efforts to seperate everything.

But what prevents panzer tactics from accidentally happening even though both teams are using this voluntary phased method and desire Historical play?

Consider a situation where each MP teammate is commanding seperate Corps and the two Corps are adjacent to each other on the map?

<font color="orange">Example :</font id="orange"> Units from Corps "A" move, fire, and melee against an opposing unit and then the 2nd teammate does the exact same thing with units from Corps "B" to exactly the same opposing unit when its his part of the turn.

How does the 2nd MP teammate know if an opposing unit was treated in that manner by the 1st teammate when he begins his part of the turn?

Some of these scenarios are just too large to have to remember the condition and location of every unit on the map, IMO.

When <u>you</u> play MP games, how do you handle this? Does Historical play go out the window? Or is the voluntary phased method just not practical for MP games?

Cheers,
Rick, etc....

Colonel Rick Motko
1er Bataillon, 33° Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
2eme Brigade, 11eme division
IIIe corps, Armée du Nord

Vive l'Empereur!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:11 am 

this has an easy solution. Give the password of you game another partner of team to watch the reply turn, is all folks.

http://www.venezuela-emb.org.au/images/flag.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:25 am 

Thanks Gabriel.

Both teammates already have the password and unfortunately there is no way for the second teammate to watch what the first teammate does until you see the replay of the entire turn.

Colonel Rick Motko

Vive l'Empereur!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:48 am 

Hi Rick.

I play with the rules that you are doing,And have MP games going in them,I also like to play as Historical as we can in the games,and the MOE III rules (that is the Emeded rules work the best for this,

The main thing is to have players that like to play Historical ,Then try to keep each player with his own corps and make sure they have there own thing to do,

When there is a part of the batlte were two Corps are fighting in the same place ,One of the players lend the other player part of the Corps that could join in on his Attacks,This way he will not play against the Embeded rule.

Or the second player two move,Just has to look at the team players men next to him to make sure he has not Attacked or moved into the hex he wants to go to,...

This i have played with 2 players on both sides and 3 players on both sides,It works ok,

each team player should Fire there guns,Then Move or charge to were they are going to,Then all Melees are done,after that you can move other men that was not in the first part,But no other melee should be done after that,

<font color="red">Marechal</font id="red">
<font color="red">BEECHAM</font id="red"> Commandant
1ème Division de Cuirassiers,
1 Corps Res Cav,ADN.

"Toujours féroce,jamais étourdi"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:37 pm 

"Accidents never happen in a perfect world." - I forget the singer that song that one but it applies here.

When it happens it happens. If it keeps on happening say something.

If the opponents wont do something about it hand them a grenade, smile, then duck out of the room.

Works for me every time! [:D]

I would go with Dean's method - when two players need to do something at the same place on a battlefield then have one of them move the command.

Here is another alternative: screenshots. Show your partner what you did during your movement. Its not hard to do and can save alot of time.

I like the first concept better. The idea was to split the battlefields into zones anyway. If the II Corps is attacking La Haye Sainte from one side and I Corps attacking it from another then nominate a player to take control of the forces attacking that objective.

Bill Peters
Former NWC President, Club Founder, Prussian and Austrian Army Founder, Stefan Reuter's hunting buddy. HPS Napoleonic Scenario Designer (Eckmuhl, Wagram)

[url="http://www.fireandmelee.net"]Fire and Melee Wargame site[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:18 am 

Sorry, I've been away for a while.

Yes indeed Dean. Great suggestion:

<font color="orange"> "When there is a part of the battle were two Corps are fighting in the same place, One of the players lend the other player part of the Corps that could join in on his Attacks. This way he will not play against the Embedded rule."</font id="orange">

I REALLY like that one. I think it'll fly just fine.[:)][:)][:)]
Rick

Colonel Rick Motko

Vive l'Empereur!