Napoleonic Wargame Club (NWC)

The Rhine Tavern

*   NWC   NWC Staff   NWC Rules   NWC (DoR) Records   About Us   Send Email Inquiry to NWC

*   La Grande Armée Quartier Général    La Grande Armée Officer Records    Join La Grande Armée

*   Allied Coalition   Allied Officers   Join Coalition

*   Coalition Armies:   Austro-Prussian-Swedish Army   Anglo Allied Army (AAA)   Imperial Russian Army

Forums:    ACWGC    CCC     Home:    ACWGC    CCC
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:32 am 

Ok, in the spirit of being a new and eager Lieutenant in the Emperor's service I am going to try and organize a tournament. This is the opposite of the Guards tournament as only us lowly Lieutenants need apply. I am still working out the details but basically I'm thinking It will be Allies vs French. We'll pair up and play a short scenario (less than 20 turns, suggestions appreciated). The winners will be awarded points for their team based on their level of victory ( or draw). And in the end the winning team will have bragging rights that they can then go about and tell their uncaring spouses and eye rolling kids all about.[:D]. Please email if you are interested to gmn@cableone.net . Also, if any of you more seasoned officers have any suggestions for me on how to get this thing off the ground I would really appreciate any advice you might have. Once I'm sure I have some interest I will build a webpage to create a central focus for all of this. Come LT's! Let's show all these Marshals and Generals etc what we are capable of!

Lt. Don Golen 7/2 Artillerie a` Cheval 2e`me Brigade 2e`me Division de Dragons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:49 am 

Sign me up!

Lt Jeff Bangma
Regt. Karabiniers No. 2
Divisie Nederlandsche Kavellerie
I Anglo-Allied Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:12 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by banger</i>
<br />Sign me up!

Lt Jeff Bangma
Regt. Karabiniers No. 2
I Anglo-Allied Corps
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Cough, ringer, cough.[:p]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm 

LT. Golan,

excellent this is for me!

Put my name on Your list, please.

Regards
Oberleut.
Ola berli
IR 18 d'Aspre
Imperial Austrian Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:35 pm 

Ok gents, I have put together a website for the tournament and so far we have four participants. I like the symmetry as we have two for each side but I think we are gonna need a few more of my fellow LT's before we can call it a tournament. The link to the site is http://www.geocities.com/reynoldscorps/Badlts.htm?20066
Also, all officers that want to be in the tournament please send me a list of what games they have or post them here and I would really appreciate any suggestions from any officers on a short but balanced scenario. I don't have enough experience at playing humans with these games to know which short scenarios are balanced. If we can't find a logical single scenario we may have to play mirror matches.
Cheers gentlemen. Oh, one last thing. If some of my fellow Allied officers would post these tournament noticies in their Allied boards I would appreciate it very much as it would help to bring out more officers to the tournament. My spies have yet to figure the secret codes for your taverns but we have hired a crack team of monkeys to work on it night and day.[:p]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:28 am 

Gentelmens! I ask also to put me in lists.

Podporuchik(Lieutenant)
Yuri Demchenko
4 kavaleriyskiy Korpus
Chernigov dragoon
2 Western Russian army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:32 am 

Into the tavern walks a very senior Austrian officer, following the sounds of a gaggle of eager young lieutenants as they chatter away.

"What's this?" He roars. "A washerwoman's convention? You young pups should be out upon the battlefields proving yourselves instead of larking about in here. Hurry away to your regiments and don't worry about finishing your drinks. <i>I'll</i> take care of those."

[:D][:p][8D][:)][^]

Btw, Kudos to Ober-Lt. Berli for representing the Austrians in this match. The rest of you junior Austrian players need to sign up as well.

General der Kavallerie Philip Graf Roubaud
Kommandant
Vienna Militärakademie
Imperial Armee of Austria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:55 am 

Great Idea.
I'll be very happy to try.
If there's a place put me in.

Lieutenant Stefano Ostinelli
14ème Infanterie Regiment
2ème Brigade d'Infanterie
3ème Division
VIème Corps Bavarois
L'Armée du Rhin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:12 pm 

Me? A ringer??? [:0] Ask any of my opponents and they'd die laughing!

Lt Jeff Bangma
Regt. Karabiniers No. 2
I Anglo-Allied Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:05 am 

you can count on me.
Sign me up !

Lieutenant Christophe Boucheron
Armee du Nord
IIème Corps, 7è Division
82ème Regiment de Ligne
«Je sais, quand il le faut, quitter la peau du lion pour prendre celle du renard.» Napoleon Bonaparte

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:17 pm 

Ok men, I've sent out emails to every Lt. I could find an email address for. So far the tournament is looking good with 7 Allied officers and 5 French officers signed up. The updated list of officers signed up is found at: http://www.geocities.com/reynoldscorps/Badlts.htm?20066
If you are in the tournament but I don't have a hyperlink to your email address or a list of your games at the site it's because I don't know your email address or what games you own. Please get that information to me through this board or directly by email to gmn@cableone.net. I'd hate to see officers miss out on this tournament because of these trivial informational needs. The entry for the tournament will be closed this Friday April 14th ,2006 and we will kick of the games on Monday April 17th. Any suggstions for short , less than 20 turns, scenarios for the tournament are appreciated. Remember, we need balanced scenarios. Thanks for the tremendous interest and all the help I've recieved from several Senior officers so far.

Lt. Don Golen L'Armee du Nord Headquarters butler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:12 pm 

I cant send You e-mail. So please send on my
jura_coment@mail.ru

Poruchik(Lieutenanat) Yuri Demchenko
4 kavaleriyskiy Korpus
Chernigov dragoon
2 Western Russian army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:03 am 

Allied officers show your pride! The French Lieutenants have caught up and passed you in participation. We now have 10 French Lieutenants to 8 Allies. Gentlemen, we need at least one more of you to step up to the table! For your Army! For your country! For Symmetry! [:p] Check out the website at http://www.geocities.com/reynoldscorps/ ... 066?200610
Then email me at gmn@cableone.net.[:)]

Lt. Don Golen L'Armee du Nord I Reserve Cavalry Corps Headquarters butler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:10 pm 

I would be delighted to enter the Tournament.

Lt.Chris Baker, 3rd Battalion"Baker Rifles", 14th Regt, 4th Division, II Corps, Anglo-Allied Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:24 am 

the tournament has begun! I sent off emails to all the pairings and those pairings have been posted at the website found at:
http://www.geocities.com/reynoldscorps/ ... 066?200610
If you did not get an email from me about your pairing please let me know. Also, sorry to any officers I was forced to leave out of the tournament. If it makes you feel any better , I don't get to play either [:(]. Officers, please keep me informed of the progress of your games and I will post it on the website. I am the moderator and neutral party for this tournament. Any disputes run through me. Good luck and thanks to all the participants.[:D]

Lt. Don Golen L'Armee du Nord I Reserve Cavalry Corps Headquarters butler